Fable the Raven

Glasseye

Studies have shown that wild ravens have at least 60 different vocalizations, and they are indeed very intelligent; there are lots of them around my neck of the woods, as well as eagles since our town dump is only a couple of kilometres away. On my way downtown I pass a valley near this dump with a prominent south-facing slope, and on windy days the ravens and eagles gather in large groups and actually play with each other, and some of the aerobatics are incredible...

3 hours ago, coxyhog said:

I think some lived in the Tower of London?

36 minutes ago, Freee!! said:

As I understand it, some still do.

There are supposedly at least six resident ravens. If they leave the Tower the Crown will fall and Britain with it. Legend of course but the many legends of the ravens make interesting reading.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Atticus said:

There are supposedly at least six resident ravens. If they leave the Tower the Crown will fall and Britain with it. Legend of course but the many legends of the ravens make interesting reading.

Didn't one of them just croak..?

RIP

• Haha 1

On 6/27/2021 at 6:13 PM, Norton said:

Smart yes, survivors definitely; it is pretty messy when they disembowel a freshly dead animal starting from the rear end first. But, that’s real nature. 

Hey, any creature that can survive by eating frozen bags of garbage at -40 has to have some extraordinary survival skills, alright...

On 6/28/2021 at 2:13 AM, Norton said:

Smart yes, survivors definitely; it is pretty messy when they disembowel a freshly dead animal starting from the rear end first. But, that’s real nature. 

You ever see a gang (flock ??) of vultures on a dead dog in India...... blimey ????

Or in UK magpies and dead sheep. Pretty birds but vicious at times.

Our bird population in London is struggling because of the sodding wild noisy parakeets everywhere.

1 hour ago, nampla69 said:

Danke mijnheer ....... so what bird collective noun is a Parliament.???   No Googling.

I have others like this from pub quizzing .... before Google.

The collective noun for owls is a parliament and no, I didn't use Google, it is something of a hobby for me.

EDIT: While we are at it, what is the difference between a gaggle of geese and a skein of geese?

Edited by Freee!!