Tennis

Nightcrawler

Lucky girl is going to have sponsors queuing up to sign her up. Great story this last week doing well from nowhere, an obvious talent, seems like a nice well grounded girl and easy on the eye, she has the world at her feet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

Lucky girl is going to have sponsors queuing up to sign her up. Great story this last week doing well from nowhere, an obvious talent, seems like a nice well grounded girl and easy on the eye, she has the world at her feet.

Hopefully her team will protect her from too much media exposure and allow her to concentrate on her game 👍

• Like 1

Roger Federer out to the young Pole Hubert Hurkacz 3-0.

Absolutely smashed him and has now reached his furthest round in a grand slam competition (semi finals). 

Played really well. 

Been watching a fair bit of Wimbledon, more than the football. 

33 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Was shocked by that ... last time at SW19 for Federer? 

Be surprised as he was pretty quick leaving the court. Sure he would of said a proper farewell to the crowd if it was the last time. 

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Roger Federer out to the young Pole Hubert Hurkacz 3-0.

Absolutely smashed him and has now reached his furthest round in a grand slam competition (semi finals). 

Played really well. 

Been watching a fair bit of Wimbledon, more than the football. 

Just got in..............  my all time hero Federer my God really Gal ???? Seen him play at Wimbledon best backhand in tennis history ..... 

I'm back playing tennis these days mate. Keeps the old booze under control.

Be good to see you again mate..... S

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/8/2021 at 4:59 AM, Golfingboy said:

Congrats to 🇨🇦 Denis Shapovalov on reaching the semis......

Good luck against Djokovic young man

FF84DC02-3E42-4A9D-ABB2-84E04B82CF7B.jpeg

Just been watching their semi final. 

3-0 Novak but not as easy as it sounds. All sets close at 7-6,7-5,7-5.

Novak's quality shows when he needs it to. 

Ladies final shortly, and tough to call. Neither Barty or Pliskova are previous winners here, and Barty the only one to have won a Grand Slam, the French Open 2 years ago. 

I'm going for Pliskova as be nice to see her win her first Slam title. 

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Ladies final shortly, and tough to call. Neither Barty or Pliskova are previous winners here, and Barty the only one to have won a Grand Slam, the French Open 2 years ago. 

I'm going for Pliskova as be nice to see her win her first Slam title. 

Awesome final, hope she makes it 1 to 1.

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Was lucky enough to have caught both Canadians at my cousin’s last night. Too bad the Spaniard gave Felix a walkover, but that’s tennis. Leylah is poised to become a national superstar if she keeps improving. The endorsement deals will come flooding in

But we have had some underachievers as well. Raonic has maybe the best serve ever, but often injured and never reach his potential IMO - although having a #3 ranking once in the era of Novak, Federer, Nadal, Murray etc ….is impressive. Genie Bouchard hit her head at US Open and last few years posts on Instagram more than she practices. And Bianca Andreescu…so young but often injured, doesn’t look good- people are saying maybe she carries a few too many pounds. But at least she won a Grand Slam, taking down Serena in the US no less