Tennis

Nightcrawler

A message from the Queen...

In a statement, the Queen said:ย "I send my congratulations to you on your success in winning the United States Open Tennis Championships. It is a remarkable achievement at such a young age, and is testament to your hard work and dedication. I have no doubt your outstanding performance, and that of your opponent Leylah Fernandez, will inspire the next generation of tennis players. I send my warmest good wishes to you and your many supporters."

https://www.royal.uk/queens-message-emma-raducanu-following-her-us-open-win

ย 

Edited by Starshine
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Stillearly said:

What's the difference between Emma Raducanu and Prince Andrew?

Emma Raducanu isn't afraid of a US court ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

Love it .... going to unashamedly steal that one.

Thought Fernandez's coaches were all mucho macho and way over the top.

Raducanu so serene even when she cut her knee and Fernandez threw a stroppy fit.

The overhead smash to get Ad and then ace on the backhand showed her coolness. Wonderful moments ....

Best sporting moment of the year by miles .. a qualifier !!

Like Crawley, Barnetย or South Shields winning the FA Cup

. .............wonder if she can take penalties too ???? Southgate ... hmm ...

• Like 4

Superb!

First time i've ever had me shouting at the TV for a tennis match.

An added bonus is theย fuckwits on social media who can't be happy, instead are shouting she's not British.

I'm a centrist, but people like that are the ultimate gammons, and deserve every bit of ridicule that comes their way.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Sangsom said:

Delighted for her, seems a lovely girl as well. Hope she doesnโ€™t morph into a prick like Lewis Hamilton as fame starts to take holdโ€ฆ..

She seems to have a good head on her shoulders and very mature for an 18 year old. But suddenly becoming an A lister and millionaire in less than a year at such an early age, becomes a huge responsibly both on and off the Court.ย 

Hopefully she will have the right people behind her. . It must be a lot to take in at her age, and she is now the UKs number one darling.ย 

She has outstanding talent for her age, as does Fernandez.ย 

I guess it all depends on how she copes with fame and media attention. There will be a massive weight on her to continually deliver over the next year or two and establish herself as a top professional tennis player.ย 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

She seems to have a good head on her shoulders and very mature for an 18 year old. But suddenly becoming an A lister and millionaire in less than a year at such an early age, becomes a huge responsibly both on and off the Court.ย 

Now the British media starts digging for dirt. All her Twitter posts, Instagram account, former boyfriends, etc. will be interrogated by the media. If they can't find something to make headlines there, the parents will get the treatment.

I hope she's prepared for it.ย ๐Ÿ˜ 

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

On 9/12/2021 at 10:18 PM, Bazle said:

Now the British media starts digging for dirt. All her Twitter posts, Instagram account, former boyfriends, etc. will be interrogated by the media. If they can't find something to make headlines there, the parents will get the treatment.

I hope she's prepared for it.ย ๐Ÿ˜ 

Yep,although not tennis in today's news they've dug up some speeches Michael Gove made at uni.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

She's lovely......

She will attract so many huge sponsors, and so young still. Hope the dosh doesnโ€™t go to her head, Iโ€™m sorry to say it did with Genie Bouchard, and others. At the end of the day, theyโ€™re tennis players. My cousin just told me a funny story about Genie. She comes from Westmount, Montrealโ€™s richest area- Dad was in finance and did well. 5 years ago, in the midst of divorce, her idiot Mom let her home go to the point it was almost condemned, and my cousin, a bylaw officer, had to serve papers basically telling her to โ€œtake care of her property, or elseโ€. House was over $2M CAD then, with the gains since COVID probably worth $5M now, expensive neighborhood.ย 
ย 

Now imagine this ladyโ€™s bank accountโ€ฆโ€ฆ.had she actually been a decent player and won a Slam or 2. I think sheโ€™s set though, she married Enrique

ย 

ย 

C4998142-8430-4A96-A1C3-0AC379E6962A.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Sangsom said:

Smart, intelligent girlย who speaks really well also. Also speaks fluent mandarin as her mum is Chinese, so thatโ€™s an additional flow of cash for her from the Chinese market.

She lost to another Brit in the Nottingham Open just before Wimbledon and less than six months later .....ย 

If it was swimming or running or cycling you'd be demanding dope testing its so remarkable.

Superb athlete and a great arse too .... and a winners cheque for 2.5 million $$$$ .... what is not to like.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...