Tennis

Nightcrawler

• 2 weeks later...

Outstanding, hopefully I can watch the highlights later ..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/60183864

Australian Open: Rafael Nadal beats Daniil Medvedev from two sets down in Melbourne epic

Rafael Nadal won a record 21st Grand Slam men's title in the most stunning fashion, fighting back from two sets down to beat Russia's Daniil Medvedev in a classic Australian Open final.

Backed by a loud Melbourne crowd, sixth seed Nadal rallied to win 2-6 6-7 (5-7) 6-4 6-4 7-5 on Rod Laver Arena.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Outstanding, hopefully I can watch the highlights later ..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/60183864

Australian Open: Rafael Nadal beats Daniil Medvedev from two sets down in Melbourne epic

Rafael Nadal won a record 21st Grand Slam men's title in the most stunning fashion, fighting back from two sets down to beat Russia's Daniil Medvedev in a classic Australian Open final.

Backed by a loud Melbourne crowd, sixth seed Nadal rallied to win 2-6 6-7 (5-7) 6-4 6-4 7-5 on Rod Laver Arena.

Magnificent! Hail to the GOAT

• Thumbs Up 1

Congrats Rafa, not my favourite player but hey, got to give credit where it is due. 

Didn't watch any of it this year, but was pleased to see 2 Canucks 🇨🇦 made it to the quarters. So tough in the men’s game, though, to ascend to Grand Slam finals AND titles, I mean the same 4-5 guys have dominated the last 15+ years 

Amazing performance. Last year he underwent major surgery too .....he is fitter than any other player and so often grinds out wins having lost early sets. Did not think he would do it today however 3 break points down in the 3rd set to go 2 sets and 2-4 down and he clawed his way back.

Medvedev got all Bolshie and Russian started shouting at the ball boys and umpire ..... Melbourne crowd are a tough lot so they gave him the arse every chance after that.

Federer will never win another open and Novax should be banned for 5 years for all sorts of things .....

Great character Rafa and loves his footie too .... c'mon Tim never quite reached those heights.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

She won nearly all the Grand Slams and to go out at World Number 1 at 25 ...impressive.

Famous tennis coaches often say 'when you don't want to move your legs any more take up golf'.

I believe that is what she will do and probably be a champion too.

• Thumbs Up 2

55 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

She won nearly all the Grand Slams and to go out at World Number 1 at 25 ...impressive.

Famous tennis coaches often say 'when you don't want to move your legs any more take up golf'.

I believe that is what she will do and probably be a champion too.

Didn't George Best retire about the same age?.

4 hours ago, galenkia said:

Bet nobody saw this coming.

Ashleigh Barty retired at 25.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-60843870

I’ve heard of her obviously having the #1 ranking, but I don’t know….she just didn’t get the same publicity in North America as Osaka, the Williams’, Sharapova, Wozniaci, Hingis, etc…..

Truth be told, if I was asked to pick Ashleigh from a lineup of 10 ladies…..don’t even know what she looks like, and I’m a big sports fan

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

I’ve heard of her obviously having the #1 ranking, but I don’t know….she just didn’t get the same publicity in North America as Osaka, the Williams’, Sharapova, Wozniaci, Hingis, etc…..

Truth be told, if I was asked to pick Ashleigh from a lineup of 10 ladies…..don’t even know what she looks like, and I’m a big sports fan

Sharapova was better looking but .... not as good as the Aussie ...290387055_Barty.jpg

On 3/23/2022 at 2:04 PM, nampla69 said:

Sharapova was better looking but .... not as good as the Aussie ...290387055_Barty.jpg

FFS….. that’s a mighty pair of guns, reminds me of girls in the Eastern Bloc days. Yes it’s obvious sex sells, she’s very talented but I’m afraid the whole world would know her face if she was more “ photogenic”

Funny enough, I was just channel surfing and we get TV5 from France, she was on a sofa explaining her decision…..now that I know what she looks like, she isn’t playing anymore 

Edited by Golfingboy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

NBC over here has some Roland Garros matches on. Really enjoying watching Zheng- Swiatek, didn’t know the Polish girl was #1. Zheng is unseeded and looked poised for a huge upset, but dropped the 2nd 6-0 after a leg injury. She looks very sweet, especially to us Asian lovers……but just found out she’s taller than me at 6’1. I love my Asians more around 4’11” 

509DC409-1F1C-4627-BBDC-0EA927E7299C.jpeg

5 hours ago, Stillearly said:

1-1  ... this could be a marathon 

It endend with a 3-1 Nadal win, so he will be up against Sascha in the semi, who beat Alcaraz also 3-1.

Today the with other semifinalists will be found. Rune the last remaining unseeded player against Ruud, and Cilic vs Rublev.

Edited by Lirchenfeld
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...