Do you play the Thai Lottery when in Thailand?

john luke

Do you play the Thai Lottery when in Thailand?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play the Thai Lottery when in Thailand?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you play a Lottery in your home country?

• No
    • Yes

…i use to buy the tickets, then either forgot or lost my tickets - so never knew if I won/never cashed a winner.  

I still buy tickets, but I buy them on the spot for whatever girl is on my side or if I’m sitting at a bar & the lottery person walks by, I ll buy and give it to the girl sitting with me…it seems to make them extra happy. 

13 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Never buy for myself, but will buy as gifts for the ladies in my life. I make a point of seeking out the disabled lottery sellers to help them out in a small way.

Same here, there is a " blind guy" who works at the front entrance of " Foodland" in Minburi where we live. Always buy from him, he speaks good English and amazingly, when I walk over to him, he always recognizes my voice and asks me how I am doing. Cool guy really. 

Just a quick story, back in July 1998 here in Calif. We have Calif Superlotto, it was pick 6 numbers out of 49. One night I got 5 out of 6, I was one number away from $38 Million USA and no on else won that night. I got a paltry $1,546 for getting 5. I have never come close since.......sadly. But I play every week still. Wifey is now picking the numbers, from some Thai "lucky numbers" site LOL! 

Edited by Yessongs
  • Like 2

Wifey's a regular buyer as seems to be the case with most of the Thai girls but i ensure its only 1 or 2 she buys. Personally i don't partake in Thailand but i do in England, me mum buys for me retaining the same numbers i've used for years.

She pays and i got 5 out of the six once, 150gbp, she said what do i do with the money ? i replied keep it to pay for the next 150 tickets.   

Never once thought of buying a ticket for myself  in all the years I have been visiting.  On a couple of occasions, I have paid for a female companion to purchase a ticket or two. 

Never play the lottery in UK either. I have more chances of being hit by a speeding truck than becoming a millionaire.