THAI resuming 2 Weekly LHR-BKK Flights + some European Services

Butch

Finally a step in the right direction for flights at least.

https://www.thaiairways.com/en_GB/plan/travel_information/flights_service_update.page

JULY - SEPTEMBER 2021

THAI will operate the following frequencies and routes:  

EUROPE

- London – Bangkok: 2 weekly return flights, on Wednesdays and Sundays and an additional flight from Bangkok on Saturdays

- London – Phuket – Bangkok: 1 weekly flight, on Saturdays (return via Bangkok)

- Copenhagen – Bangkok: 2 weekly return flights, on Wednesdays and Sundays and an additional flight from Bangkok on Fridays

- Copenhagen – Phuket – Bangkok: 1 weekly flight, on Fridays (return via Bangkok)

- Frankfurt – Bangkok: 3 weekly flights, on Mondays, Thursdays, and Sundays, (flights from Bangkok on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays)

- Frankfurt – Phuket – Bangkok: 1 weekly flight, on Fridays (return via Bangkok)

- Paris – Bangkok: 1 weekly flight, on Sundays (flights from Bangkok on Thursdays and Saturdays)

- Paris – Phuket – Bangkok: 1 weekly flight, on Fridays (return via Bangkok)

- Zurich – Bangkok: 1 weekly flight, on Thursdays (flights from Bangkok on Wednesdays and Fridays).

- Zurich – Phuket – Bangkok: 1 weekly flight, on Saturdays (return via Bangkok)

From what I gather it's the early afternoon departure (TG911 ?) from LHR - happy to be corrected if I'm wrong though.

It feels like wading through treacle waiting for things to re open and get back to some kind of normality, but small things like this are encouraging if nothing else.

Edited by Butch
  • Like 2
  • Great Info 2

• Butch changed the title to THAI resuming 2 Weekly LHR-BKK Flights + some European Services
2 hours ago, Krapow said:

Gonna stick with EVA if possible, at least if something goes wrong i know i'll get a refund or can talk with someone.

I think I mentioned it elsewhere, the airlines are pretty quick to reinstate flights or services that they deem is a fairly busy and profitable route, EVA having a very large fleet and probably keep an eye on the competition, so when the THAI flights begin to get booked up, they'll probably reinstate the BR068 service.

Actually EVA seem to be doing OK through all of this, I admit , they refunded me very quickly back in 2020 . The only potential downside I can see is the flight prices being higher when they start again, but perhaps balancing out a bit after a few months.

Edited by Butch

2 hours ago, Jambo said:

Surely the need to undertake 10 days self isolation and two Covid tests on return to the UK is going to severely restrict the numbers of UK passengers?

The 10 days is going to stop very soon for all but Red Countries. 

Not sure is testing will also change to just the one on the 2nd day as with Green.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jambo said:

Surely the need to undertake 10 days self isolation and two Covid tests on return to the UK is going to severely restrict the numbers of UK passengers?

Compared to the hotel quarantine for flights transiting Oman, Qatar and UAE I think Thai have a good chance of getting some bookings, IMO the only potential risk is Thai not operating flights due to their financial situation.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Krapow said:

The 10 days is going to stop very soon for all but Red Countries. 

Not sure is testing will also change to just the one on the 2nd day as with Green.

To which Thailand has a very good chance of getting red status given the record numbers of new covid cases. It is no longer just 10 days self isolation if that happens.

• Great Info 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Jambo said:

To which Thailand has a very good chance of getting red status given the record numbers of new covid cases. It is no longer just 10 days self isolation if that happens.

The rate Sturgeon Land is climbing up the Covid charts you'll be locked in there soon.

• Haha 1

Good news about direct flights resuming. With the mess that Thailand has made of things this year, and particularly the almost complete lack of vaccines for foreigners, I'm seriously thinking of heading back to get my jabs. Wales is still allowing up to 12 weeks between the AZ jabs so it would probably mean being back there at least until end-October, when Thailand is supposed to have reopened to vaccinated tourists with no quarantine. Of course, that date may and probably will change, but they seem hell-bent on opening up again this year, regardless of how many people have been vaccinated (and that's another reason to go and get your jabs elsewhere). An Indian-style outbreak would stymie those plans, though, and then I'd be stuck in Britain for the duration, but if Thailand gets THAT bad I wouldn't want to be here anyway with the bunch of dumb clucks running the show. Actually, if that happened I would probably just head to the Caribbean for the winter, it would make a pleasant change from Pattaya. I've long fancied a few months in Costa Rica.

Edited by Toy Boy
  • Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 3:48 PM, Jambo said:

Ireland, who had the most strict and longest lockdown in Europe, have just said those fully vacced coming from Red list only have to do home quarantine. 

Hopefully that's the way the wind's blowing now, and UK might follow...

FB_IMG_1625304186752.jpg

Edited by Krapow
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think the new Minister for Health , Javid does exercise more common sense and determination than Hancock ever did. I actually believe that he would have been the better choice for the position in the first place. Hancock has little, if any professional respect from the rank and file of the NHS. I think also that Javid is "less afraid" of the PM and willing to stand by his guns.

Reports also claim that Singapore are going to reclassify C-19 as "seasonal flu" once the Country has officially reached Herd immunity, according to Sky News Australia at least.

Agree wholeheartedly, with any luck the UK will soon follow.