Your preference for Accomodation in Pattaya.

Butch

Hotels, Guest House, Rented Condo or apartment above a bar?.

I've always been a hotel man, must have a pool and decent security. Recent trips I've stayed in the LK Royal Wing, having migrated from the blue sky on Soi 8 for one trip, and prior to that it was the Sabai group.

LK Do provide a good product, and if you can get it at the right time, a decent price point. Contacting them directly often yields a discount, and in all cases, I never have breakfast and always ask for that to be removed, which in todays money can be around 200 -250 baht per night (over £5) - certainly in the case of the Sabai group anyway.

Years ago I've stayed at the Residence Garden, Penthouse, Flipper group and Eastiny, and only once in an apartment above a bar, which was way too noisy! - that's also why I moved from the Eastiny / Flipper groups on Soi 8, location was awesome but the noise levels excessive at night, plus the Eastiny on 10 became a favoured Indian hotel so another reason why I binned it.

Next trip I might look into renting a condo in VT6, or possibly another Hotel group like D hotel in the Bukhao area, or maybe stay within my comfort zone in the LK Group.

Be interested to read what you guys think and do for your preferences.

Hotels - location most important, plusI like having my room cleaned daily , laundry service and a swimming pool 

if I was staying in one place for a longer time , then I would probably look at a condo , to encourage myself to stay in a bit ... 

Diana Inn was my go to place for almost 20 years ( original building , New wing then pool wing )  , moved to Tim Boutique ( Intimate Hotel ) about 11 years ago  ... on a couple of occasions when my first choice was full or I wanted a brief change - I tried the Nova Lodge , Royal Twins , Page 10 , Mercure , Secrets and Avani 

• Like 1

Last 4 or 5 trips I have stayed at the LK Royal Wing which I find is conveniently located, is in a quiet area with rooms which are certainly worth the price. As said before they have some good deals if booked in advance.

Have stayed at Mercure behind the Avenue with my family. Nice hotel but not if they have some conference mobs in, it can then be a noisy and inconvenient stay but rooms OK. 

Likely to look at LK Royal Wing as first choice.

• Like 1

Early trips were always Sunshine Gardens by the Dolphin roundabout or Sunshine in Soi 8.Then Romeo Hotel in Soi Wongamat a few times. 

Last half dozen trips were mainly Secrets, Rock House or Soi 6.

Had a room down Soi Roilang for a year when I had a long stay trip once. 

• Like 1

In the early days, it was a hotel, I have stayed at a few, Secrets, PBR, Sabai Lodge, one on soi 5, Carlton maybe, Shagwell mansions and my latest favourite was the Dynasty Inn on soi 13.

During the last 8 years I have done much longer trips, so have rented a condo, but my last trip was spent travelling around, so it was back to hotels again.

I can't see me staying long term in any one place again, so it will be hotels from now on methinks.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Homor said:

I always stay at whitehouse on soi 13 .Great location walking distance to soi 6 or walking street or lk metro 

I've seen it but never actually considered it, looks good from the website.

What are the low / high season rates?

7 hours ago, Butch said:

Hotels, Guest House, Rented Condo or apartment above a bar?.

I've always been a hotel man, must have a pool and decent security. Recent trips I've stayed in the LK Royal Wing, having migrated from the blue sky on Soi 8 for one trip, and prior to that it was the Sabai group.

LK Do provide a good product, and if you can get it at the right time, a decent price point. Contacting them directly often yields a discount, and in all cases, I never have breakfast and always ask for that to be removed, which in todays money can be around 200 -250 baht per night (over £5) - certainly in the case of the Sabai group anyway.

Years ago I've stayed at the Residence Garden, Penthouse, Flipper group and Eastiny, and only once in an apartment above a bar, which was way too noisy! - that's also why I moved from the Eastiny / Flipper groups on Soi 8, location was awesome but the noise levels excessive at night, plus the Eastiny on 10 became a favoured Indian hotel so another reason why I binned it.

Next trip I might look into renting a condo in VT6, or possibly another Hotel group like D hotel in the Bukhao area, or maybe stay within my comfort zone in the LK Group.

Be interested to read what you guys think and do for your preferences.

I’ve stayed in all the types of units you described and also most of the specific hotels/guests you listed.  I realized after a few trips in, based on the activities I partake in at night, being central is key for me.  I don’t really bother with the pool or beach so neither are important to me.  Clean, centrally located, safe and feel are things i look for.  

In regards to VT6, stayed a few times. Most of the rooms I rented were updated and not just the bare minimum AirBNB.  There are quite of people coming & going on the 1st floor, but never really had any issues on the floors i stayed on with people moving about and didn’t hear too much noise except for one time a group of 10 chinese people tried to stay in a small #50 sqm room and we’re told to move out.  The 1st floor has a few shops, laundry & massage shops which are convenient.  Millions of places just outside, along with Central Mall - btw, don’t stay on the mall side as the giant A/C units make too much noise.  I’ve rented some extra large nice rooms from spider and definitely enjoyed my stay there.  

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

We have a house on the darkside where we stay on holidays. However these days if we are having a night out or friends in town we book a hotel for a night or two. Lately we have been staying at Nature View or Zip hotel. Both of these hotels are quite good and handy to the LK Metro area.

14 minutes ago, Sea-Hawks said:

- btw, don’t stay on the mall side as the giant A/C units make too much noise.  

After staying on the south side for many years, the last few I enjoyed the mall side as the afternoon and evening sun doesn't hit that side so the room stayed relatively cool. I was on the 21st floor and couldn't hear the A/C units.

• Like 2

Usually hotels for me as I like room cleaned and bed linen changed every day. Soi 13 is an excellent location and I have stayed at both the Dynasty Inn and the Whitehouse Condotel. Sorry Butch cannot give you rates for the latter as not stayed there for 4 + years. Dynasty rooms could do with a refurbishment (unless done since 2019) but I never had any complaints there, friendly staff. Last trip I tried the Deep Blue Z10 on Soi 10, next to Sea Me Spring Too hotel. It was a fairly new hotel at the time so all was spic and span, but the room I had was small. I made sure to barfine only petite little spinners to fit in the room and it worked out fine. 

One of my longer stays I stayed in a private condo in Jomtien owned by a friend and that gave me a chance to get to know Jomtien. 1 minute walk to beach, seaview and close to all amenities.   

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Always stay at the LK Metropole, its a tad dated now but as a regular every 3/4 months the staff know us well and we always get great service. Big plus factor is its location next to LK Metro and my mate lives in Diana estate. We've always got the car so need parking and the LK Metropole has an excellent underground car park with security man.

Long stay we used a high end condo up on Pratumnak soi 4, 18K per month.

I usually stay in Pattaya less than 2 weeks, so i usually stay in a hotel. LK/Diana/Buakhao sois are my favourite area, so...PBR, Areca (many times, one of my favourites), LK Metro (too dated for me), Adelphi (i like it too), Page 10 (good, but i dont like the pool).

In the future, i intend to stay longer time, so i will look for a condo for rent

• Thumbs Up 1

I was told a yarn, possibly true, that when Soi Bukhao flooded really badly (2018 perhaps?) that one of the LK group underground carparks flooded, and an unsuspecting farang found his hire car under 6 feet of water...

Not sure if true but I have seen the car park on the Blue Sky Soi 5 under a foot of water before...

Ive only ever stayed in hotel. At first I would stay in one hotel for the full 4 week duration of my vacations. That worked great for awhile but then I started to change it up a bit so I could see different areas around town and would stay in 4 different hotels for one week each. Back then I would start my vacation with the first at week at Secrets. Then down to soi7 & 8 for a week. Next would be a week at Queen Victoria on soi6 and then off to the soi Bukou area. I would sometimes mix in a week or 2 in Cambodia with a week up in Angkor Watt an then a week in PP. A couple years back I ventured over to Hou Hin (sp?)

Would also like to get back up to Chang Mai and Bangkok for a bit of time.