Introduce yourself to the Forum

3 hours ago, n210mp2 said:

As a "senior" who "married " into this culture with a wonderful Thai family,  maybe it is natural to become a little cynical and to become  a  "Grumpy old man" with a built in  a sense of "seen it all before".

Well said mate!

I live among Thais in Pattaya but have been around a bit. They are all going through extreme hardship at the moment but the daily laughter never stops, especially with the children. They get their schoolwork books every Monday and without exception sit at tables outside their homes every morning doing the work assigned to them. I do what I can to help and my monthly target is that every penny of my meagre pension is spent helping out wherever I can.

I love Thailand and thank the day I was offered a contract here in 96. 

The only negativity I come across here is when I venture into farangland. There are are a right bunch of miserable gits out there ..!!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, john luke said:

Welcome to the forum, sir.

Without doubt there are common features and traits that pervade all Thai forums.  One of the aims of this forum is that members can post without fear of being abused or ridiculed.  Politics are kept in a separate section (politics club) that members can opt into; although all the forum rules apply to the politics club, as a moderating team we are able to perhaps interpret the rules a little less strictly.  

Thank you john luke

My name is Marc Paul. I am a retired American Army Officer who has been living in Huay Yai, near Pattaya, for 4 years. I’m studying Thai language, rehabbing rotator cuff surgery, missing golf, and waiting anxiously for a COVID vaccination.  Love bourbon, Guiness, and a bitter IPA.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have to say it is great to see so many new members joining the forum;  I really hope that it generates an increase in posts and threads which will benefit all of us. There are some members joining that have a wealth of experience and knowledge of Thailand which can only be a positive asset.

Welcome all.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, Anto Ex Jomtien said:

Yes in a small way .I had a LABRADOR  pair ,who had several sets of puppies .

Yea, thought i remembered you from a different forum which shall remain nameless!

You used to post loads of good pics of Pattaya when you were living there/Jomtien.

That must be what, at least 12 years ago, maybe more?

On 7/9/2021 at 9:41 PM, Krapow said:

Yea, thought i remembered you from a different forum which shall remain nameless!

You used to post loads of good pics of Pattaya when you were living there/Jomtien.

That must be what, at least 12 years ago, maybe more?

Correct .I moved up North to Chiang mai in 2010 .I did like posting photos taken around Pattaya .There was another guy used post far more photos than me .Mainly girls on motorcycles .I think he may have been called Steve .Nice Guy .I met him once in Nickom Court ,Soi Bukhao

2 hours ago, Anto Ex Jomtien said:

Correct .I moved up North to Chiang mai in 2010 .I did like posting photos taken around Pattaya .There was another guy used post far more photos than me .Mainly girls on motorcycles .I think he may have been called Steve .Nice Guy .I met him once in Nickom Court ,Soi Bukhao

That would be sa-teef methinks!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/11/2021 at 4:26 AM, Deerculler said:

Hi,

I am new to this site. Live in Surin. Retired here now for more than eleven years. Thought I would join this site and hopefully meet new people and perhaps exchange ideas.

Just jump in no one bites ( if they did nightcrawler will appear regularly in their dreams ) 

My Mrs family come from South of surin near prasat

On 7/10/2021 at 11:26 PM, Deerculler said:

Hi,

I am new to this site. Live in Surin. Retired here now for more than eleven years. Thought I would join this site and hopefully meet new people and perhaps exchange ideas.

I moved to Kap Choeng in '97. I can remember building work starting behind the shell station in Prasat. It became Ryans Resort ..