Happy 4th of July to all the Fine Americans on Here

lazarus

9 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Happy July 4th to a great nation ! 

11953B0D-C84C-4DDC-85B7-5BB334DB26B4.jpeg

Explains why TW's got bigger after she passed her naturalization exam.  Either that or having kids.

• Haha 1

When I first arrived here I met a fantastic bunch of Americans. All of which had (or still were) serving in various arms of the military. Many have now gone, but the humour still remains. There is no humour like gallows humour between soldiers.

I despair at current American politics.

Cheers to the guys no longer here! We will remember you ! 

25 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I've gotten so I hate fireworks. Reminds me of the guy who blew his face off on Soi 13/2 a couple years ago on New Years Eve. 

It's become nuts recently -- all out warfare for a few nights where I live. Some blasts that have to be as large as dynamite.

. . .

Classification of Explosives
Explosives are categorized as high-order explosives (HE) or low-order explosives (LE).
HE produce a defining supersonic over-pressurization shock wave. Examples of HE
include TNT, C-4, Semtex, nitroglycerin, dynamite, and ammonium nitrate fuel oil
(ANFO). LE create a subsonic explosion and lack HE’s over-pressurization wave.
Examples of LE include pipe bombs, gunpowder, and most pure petroleum-based bombs
such as Molotov cocktails or aircraft improvised as guided missiles. HE and LE cause
different injury patterns.

https://www.cdc.gov/masstrauma/preparedness/primer.pdf

208083787_4399324460099419_3165543348278804837_n.jpg

Edited by lazarus

20 minutes ago, lazarus said:

It's become nuts recently -- all out warfare for a few nights where I live. Some blasts that have to be as large as dynamite.

. . .

Classification of Explosives
Explosives are categorized as high-order explosives (HE) or low-order explosives (LE).
HE produce a defining supersonic over-pressurization shock wave. Examples of HE
include TNT, C-4, Semtex, nitroglycerin, dynamite, and ammonium nitrate fuel oil
(ANFO). LE create a subsonic explosion and lack HE’s over-pressurization wave.
Examples of LE include pipe bombs, gunpowder, and most pure petroleum-based bombs
such as Molotov cocktails or aircraft improvised as guided missiles. HE and LE cause
different injury patterns.

https://www.cdc.gov/masstrauma/preparedness/primer.pdf

208083787_4399324460099419_3165543348278804837_n.jpg

Mentally ill world we live in. I want nothing to do with any of that shit.

I did a two year assignment in Norway.  You should see their fireworks when the new year happens.  At least all the debris from what they're firing in the air is landing in fairly deep snow, so not much chance of fires.

7 hours ago, tko said:

I did a two year assignment in Norway.  You should see their fireworks when the new year happens.  At least all the debris from what they're firing in the air is landing in fairly deep snow, so not much chance of fires.

The Alaskan towns of Haines and Skagway are only a matter of hours by road from where I live and generally are quite well attended on July 4 by Americans, Canadians and various tourists from everywhere arriving on cruise ships  - in normal times; the border has been closed due to Covid for over a year now and I know many people, especially those with boats permanently berthed in Skagway, who would dearly love to get back there again - hopefully this will happen in the next month or so. 

Our federal Canadian gov't used to give money to the provinces and territories for fireworks to celebrate Canada Day on July 1, until more sensible heads in the northern territories such as where I live pointed out to them what a waste it was since at that time of year it is almost 24 hour daylight in the north.

On 7/4/2021 at 6:28 PM, Krapow said:

FB_IMG_1625418770210.jpg

FB_IMG_1625413134582.jpg

Happy 12th of July to BM Krapow ...... he couldn't get his giant bonfire lit in his back garden as its pissing down with rain in London so whistle along ..

.... 'My father wore and Orange sash on the ....'

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Happy 12th of July to BM Krapow ...... he couldn't get his giant bonfire lit in his back garden as its pissing down with rain in London so whistle along ..

.... 'My father wore and Orange sash on the ....'

Rain stopped play, can't even get my petrol bombs lit ffs!

Stop it now, Fatbhoy Tim will get offended ..........................................again :default_biggrin:

• Haha 1