3 BB internet speed...WOW >>WOW>>>WOW

Happy Man

I have 3 BB fiber internet for 590 Baht/ momth. I have been downloading HD movies at incredible speed. For a 1.5 - 2.xx GB movie it only takes 2-4 minutes. D/L speed has been 11GBs and all I can say is.....WOW...WOW...WOW. 3 BB has ben reliable, extremely fast and very cheap monthly charge. ...A HAPPY camper

Another mark in the plus column for living in Thailand. Internet service is relatively inexpensive, fast and reliable. I have True Fibre for 599/month and this is the speed I get.

11714238854.png

I'm also impressed by the speed I get on my phone via AIS 4G. I'm on a data plan that gets me 2GB of data per week for 99B/week. I never use but a small fraction of the data, but keep the plan going as it's a great backup for the infrequent times I lose my home service.

7523848309.png

3 hours ago, Happy Man said:

I have 3 BB fiber internet for 590 Baht/ momth. I have been downloading HD movies at incredible speed. For a 1.5 - 2.xx GB movie it only takes 2-4 minutes. D/L speed has been 11GBs and all I can say is.....WOW...WOW...WOW. 3 BB has ben reliable, extremely fast and very cheap monthly charge. ...A HAPPY camper

We have 3BB in the village outside of Khon Kaen, fibre optics have made the speed much faster, really good service with good back up when there are any problems.

When I was with 3BB (pre fibre optic days) I was on first name terms with all the girls in their service center due to the number of times I phoned them to complain about my internet going down......................................AGAIN!

The conversation always ended with them quoting from a script asking me to comment on the service I had received today. I usually replied on the lines of "You are doing your best but 3BB is absolute shite!"

They always thanked me for my call. 🤣

16 hours ago, Freee!! said:

To further improve the experience, I recommend adding a Pi-Hole. It will boost the apparent performance of websites considerably.

Well ad-blockers use to be helpful but now I would guess about 60% of news sites ask you to turn it off.......The You-tube ad blocker works pretty good though....

Edited by fforest

2 hours ago, karon steve said:

Is there a Windows version or similar?

You could run one in a VM (Oracle VirtualBox is free and one of the few Oracle products that is really good), but I would recommend buying a Raspberry Pi and install it on that, it will protect your whole home network.

And also a link for Pi-Hole

Edited by Freee!!