The HDR Photo Thread

john luke

10 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Nice ... I have a Samsung S21 but not a clue how to turn on HDR or what it means.

I sort of point and click and was dab hand with Kodak Instamatic Polaroids back in the day ......

In camera app mode "Photo" -- tap "Camera settings" (the little gear on the upper left).

Scroll down to "Auto HDR" - toggle it on.

That's it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I’m happy enough with whatever pics my IPHONE takes for me……bought a Nikon D60 for my 8 month trip in 2009, pressed one wrong button and the pics came out worse than my $80 digital Hewlett-Packard . Ended up selling it to Wombat for 3/4 of what I paid……don’t have the patience to learn all that, I’m not a photographer 

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 12:51 AM, nampla69 said:

Nice ... I have a Samsung S21 but not a clue how to turn on HDR or what it means.

I sort of point and click and was dab hand with Kodak Instamatic Polaroids back in the day ......

Well i've spent hours looking for this feature on my TOTR Samsung J1 🙁

• Haha 2

On 7/13/2021 at 10:01 AM, Jambo said:

I have nothing to add as when I switched on HDR and took some photos I could not see any difference. Or at least they were no better than my usual efforts.

Seriously? Look at all the clouds in your pics pre HDR on your phone…..you will be amazed at the difference…..

• 2 weeks later...