Pattaya Icons that are no longer there.

Another iconic Pattaya establishment that is no more, at least at present in brick-and-mortar premises, is the Hell Club and its successor, the Devil's Den.  I can remember the board battles in 2007 with the trolls on the Pattaya Talk and old Secrets boards who confidently  predicted the Hell Club wouldn't last more than a few months. :default_071:

hell.png

Evil

• Like 4

9 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Might be the most recent icon no longer there. Closed and cleaned out last month.

It's always sad when an "icon" goes, but Buffalo Bar had a much longer run than most bars in Pattaya.  I believe it started in the 1990s, maybe earlier.  But it had been on the decline for a long time and I'm a bit surprised it lasted as long as it did.  Even pre-Covid it had become only the faintest shadow of what it had once been.

Just like FLB and Secrets, Buffalo Bar fell victim to the changing tastes and demographics of Pattaya's visitors.

Evil

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

It's always sad when an "icon" goes, but Buffalo Bar had a much longer run than most bars in Pattaya.  I believe it started in the 1990s, maybe earlier.  But it had been on the decline for a long time and I'm a bit surprised it lasted as long as it did.  Even pre-Covid it had become only the faintest shadow of what it had once been.

Just like FLB and Secrets, Buffalo Bar fell victim to the changing tastes and demographics of Pattaya's visitors.

Evil

Agree. Also had one of the best Mamasans in town.

During the height of its popularity it was considered to be "out of the way". I recall going there on a bar crawl with a few BM's at the time, after which we descended upon a "Ska" themed bar on Chaiyapoon, one of maybe 2 or 3 bars on the road at the time. We felt like we were in the boonies. LKM had pretty much nothing to offer and all the action was on 7/8, pattayaland 2 and Walking St.

Changing tastes indeed.

Edited by Butch
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

Not my photo, but might induce nightmares in some who can recall the place. I remember when the sign was pink and non illuminated.

for info, it was upstairs on the pier (the bars downstairs are the ones you walk past to get to PBG).

Some say that it is the elusive BM @Nightcrawler is pictured leaning against the post, plucking up the courage to enter.

513153358_1589c25455_b.jpg

Edited by Butch

4 minutes ago, Butch said:

Not my photo, but might induce nightmares in some who can recall the place. I remember when the sign was pink and non illuminated.

for info, it was upstairs on the pier (the bars downstairs are the ones you walk past to get to PBG).

Some say that it is the elusive BM @Nightcrawler is pictured leaning against the post, plucking up the courage to enter.

513153358_1589c25455_b.jpg

Had a frog shot out of a snatch that landed on my lap. Glory days.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

Had a frog shot out of a snatch that landed on my lap. Glory days.

It was one of those places where your feet stuck to the floor whilst walking to your seat and you had to be careful to not step on any wildlife, frogs ( as you mentioned ) live catfish slitthering about or other types of fish flapping/flipping around on the floor. One of the main show"girls" was 3 times the size of me ( and i'm not small ) and looked like a cross between Barry White and a gorilla. The things she used to do on stage induced many nightmares and is best forgotten about !!!

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, SteveBC said:

It was one of those places where your feet stuck to the floor whilst walking to your seat

Your reference to "feet stuck to the floor" made me think of the glass ceiling in Bouche. Except in Bouche you looked up to see at least one naked dancer doing the splits with her piss flaps stuck to the ceiling. :default_blum:

"Pissflaps" what a classic phrase that is !!

Pissflaps like the tailboard of a cart.........

That Bouche place was one of my regulars back in the days when i was living halfway up Phra Tamnac hill, employed many a lovely from there...

Edited by SteveBC

• 2 months later...
On 7/14/2021 at 2:51 PM, cosceguinhas said:

That's right - Glitterman.  Pre-Covid, he could be seen ocasionally cycling around the Wimbledon/Merton area in South West London.

You can follow him on Instagram….. he’s still riding around London frequently on “windless” days