Your favourite 3 Venues in Pattaya (from any time)

Butch

A bit of a follow on from the "Best Bar" thread.

Time frame can be any, venues can be anything from a Bar to a noodle stall and the reasons why, in no particular order.

My 3 (in no particular order):

Mistys A GoGo , soi Pattayaland 2 circa 2002

Purachai's social order campaign which shut everything down at 0200 had its benefits. The GoGo's opened at 2pm in the afternoon. Mistys had 2 shifts and was then a 1 unit venue. Andy was mad, Tim was brilliant and I didn't know it was possible to have so much fun in a day. It was also the Bar where PSP organised the "PBG* Oktoberfest" ( *PBG was a forum which existed back then called Pattayabargirls) - it was a "private party"-  started at 2pm one afternoon, went on until 8pm included free drinks, a free barfine, free food and a T shirt for (I think) 5000THB as it was then.

For a fun time Mistys was unbeatable, and the above party just one example of the utter insanity of the place at times.

Residence Garden Hotel - 2004

With the "FLB Discount", the hotel offered incredible value for money, a quiet location, large suites, a great pool and very good food and service. At the time it was hard to beat, and some fun times were had in there. A good place to meet, sit by the pool with friends, The venue next door offering an awesome BBQ menu as well.

Slightly ruined by selfish twats slamming their doors at all hours of the morning, and although the location was great, it didn't personally suit me after that time. Ib was a good host, despite the moody woman on reception. Security was top drawer, rooms spacious and very clean, it was also a big hit with the girls and the fold out "futon" in the lounge area was an invaluable addition, in case one needed to accommodate those "extra" guests.

Babydolls

Always consistent, a great fun bar with many "advantages" over others in the Soi, excellent service, excellent management and never a dull moment, bad evening or issue with anything. Babydolls epitomises what the GGB scene in Pattaya always was and had the ingredients that so many GGB's lacked. It is very hard to put something specific down , like making a cake, all the ingredients came together in the right order, every time, for me at least.

I was not a regular customer there (as in visiting every night), but it was still a place firmly on my "to do" list a few times each trip. Each and every visit I had was good fun, had great company and the Staff would always come over and say "hi" and the whole atmosphere was just spot on.

To be truthful I was torn over Babydolls and CEB in its walking street guise, but on balance I had more fun nights in BD than CEB. No GC's on my list, they're not really my thing these days, although Winchester Club in Jomtien got a bit hedonistic at times.

• Like 3

Off the top of my head and in no particular order

Wild West Agogo (S13

Bobby's Bar (Bhuakow) 

Club Boesche Gogo (WS) 

and of course...... 

King Kong Bar S6 (a shit hole in terms of decor and beauty but I enjoyed many afternoon  hours of filth and debauchery there, both upstairs and downstairs) 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

More than 15 years ago now my Mum flew out to see me for a holiday. She was 85 at the time. Her 3 favourites are my 3 favourites... who am I to argue with such a wonderful woman...!!!!

Toy bar on the corner of Soi 3 and Second road. Down a couple of steps into the comfy chairs listening to the live band. She was treated like a queen by the girls and she absolutely loved getting up to dance!! All long gone now I'm afraid!

PBG  She loved it in there, especially when the covers came down when the storms hit!

Moom Arroy This was in the afternoon when it was quite quiet with no tourist coaches ... and in the days when they had a decent selection of wine (and when I could afford it!). So bloody relaxing. No rush to kick you out...Just supping bottle after bottle of wine and hours of snacking on seafood.

All wonderful memories of time spent with my Mum !

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

Tahitian Queen daytime in the early '00s.

Club Boesche Gogo also in the '00s.

More recently I've been enjoying Celona shop style beer bar on LKM.

There are a huge number of places I quite enjoy, you limited us to three.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Off the top of my head and in no particular order

Wild West Agogo (S13

Bobby's Bar (Bhuakow) 

Club Boesche Gogo (WS) 

and of course...... 

King Kong Bar S6 (a shit hole in terms of decor and beauty but I enjoyed many afternoon  hours of filth and debauchery there, both upstairs and downstairs) 

I often sit and think what would happen if ever there was a murder there and the King Kong Bar needed forensic examination. The amount of DNA material spread over the walls, bar, floors, tables and faces of the girls would probably incriminate 90% of the male visitors to Pattaya over any given 10 year period.

Same goes for the future, maybe there will be  some spectacled archaeologist standing in the ruins of Soi 6 with a futuristic device which measures concentrations of historic DNA in any one place, scratching his head in wonder...

Anyway, great replies chaps 🙂

I limited to 3 choices because everyone's list would be pretty long. so hopefully limiting it to 3 will jog a few memories and cause the old grey matter to get to work, deciding why.

• Haha 6

Lennies was a popular place for me  to hang, party, watch sports, 

Goldfingers  Soi 7 not for everyone but I had many a good night there 

Misty Agogo service staff were some of the best 

I could go on

Cherry Bar some 12-15 years ago - just great people, booze, craic in those days 

Kateserrie  on buakhao - cheap ale and superb people watching spot

Robin Hood bar in Jomtien had some good times in there 

list could go on but only 3 were asked for 

Lobster Pot on walking street , first restaurant I ate at on my first trip to Patts in 93, never had a bad meal there and the Irish coffees were mental ...

Secrets , most number of Barfines from one single bar and prob most money spent ... had the best times there 

Hell Club / Devils Den - so many great afternoons spent there and a few overnights , must have tried most of the girls on offer ... first visit was a Rose / Cake combo ♥️♥️

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

Secrets - It had everything i ever needed, great aircon, great snacky food and of course pretty gals.

New Star Bar - Great viewing point for people watching and of course pretty gals, wifey especially lol

Blues Factory - Great live music in lovely comfortable surroundings, no rip off pricing.

• Thumbs Up 2

PBG at sundown, early 2000's- ice cold beer Lao and some food, planning the nightly assault on WS. Best part of the day wondering what the evening would bring😎

Heaven Above- same time period, best atmosphere of any bar in it's heyday.

Secrets during the Larry years. Was in there the night he knicked, ridiculous episode. After that the bar  never hit those heights again, around that time Pattaya was starting a slow slide down, still fun but we'd passed peak Pattaya for me.

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Happy Man said:

Winchester Club

Winchester Club

Wincjester Club

This was when Big Bill was the Captain of the ship. R.I.P. Big Bill

Sad to hear Bill has passed, I wasn't aware.

The Walking Street GoGo venture of his was great, a large venue with a decent array of girls, but sadly short lived. Loved the Winchester club, had a few good times in there, especially during the Sunday BBQ.

- Club Electric Blue back in early days. I think it was on the main part of Walking Street back in 2007/8. The Bangkok location, closed permanently back in 2018, was originally in PatPong and called Rififi

- TQ2

- Vientiane - when it was where the Avenue is now