Family pressure into prostitution.

Willem

My neece is now in holland, she is 22 years old and now she is dating and hopefully this man can bring her here permanently.

The problem is her family is demanding money. We send a little bit out of pocket, but they are constantly demanding more from her, because of course their daughter should be earning 1000s of moneys through sex work. I think they got the wrong idea of our intentions of bringing her here and my only thought is to make a visum for the aunt so she can earn the money that she wants herself.

To add some more info, my thai neeces father died when she was 5 and she grew up with a mother who works in sweat shop 10-14h a day and a stepdad. A really unsafe household so she bassically had to stay with friends most of the time. The last few years she even slept with friends due to her stepdad locking the door at night.

Does anyone have any experience dealing with this shit? Her family is almost telling her to make money here any way possible, even though it is illegal.

• Sad 1

About the only thing you can do, is to support your niece if/when she decides to go against family pressure. If her mother wants that kind of money, she can earn it herself the same way. The same goes for the stepdad.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Its f...... appalling what predominantly Isaan parent(s) will try and force on their daughters so they can have an easy life, not all but some. A far cry from what is acceptable in the west, do you know of any western parents doing the same thing with their daughter ?

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Like 1

Cut the family off, root and stem. Stepdad and mother, everyone. Delete numbers, change your SIM cards and treat them as never had existed.They are toxic, demanding and a drain on her progression thought life. They are human leeches and see her as nothing but a source of income. She owes them nothing, by virtue of the fact they think she owes them something.

You can choose friends, but not family.

Cut them off, they are not going to come over and demand from you on your doorstep, and if they do, offer them a mediation via a machete. I've had experience of this, and effectively told the family if they want the money to come and get it themselves, in person or forget it.

I have had relatives turn up on the doorstep at our house in the Philippines asking for the money back which they spent supporting my wife in the 80's. My answer was telling them to leave and never return or face the prospect dealing with a (bribed) Police officer.

She has a chance to make a good life for herself, not the leeches that surround her mother. If she feels bad, get her mother over as a dependent on the condition that her mother comes on the girls terms rather than her mothers.

Family pressure is only relevant if you allow it to be.

In essence, tell them to get f***d. Tell them to come and get the money themselves, and good luck with accommodation and looking after themselves.

Give the girl a chance to make her life worthwhile, f**k the family. If they cared then they would be asking about her welfare, not about how much cash she can make.

Cunts.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

All I can say about this is I have been lucky 

Mrs rock's family have nothing and have never asked for anything Some years back when the mom in law was pretty sick and sis in law's partner was commuting up ( 7 or 8 hours each way) every weekend to help out ,I took his pickup to the local garage to get new suspension and wheel alignment ( 4.5k) when the father in law got sick i offered to pay for a better. Room but he sent a message via one of his daughters to save my money and buy more beers when we come for a visit . Since then I have been sending him NZ$ 100 a month via he's daughter that he lives with ( Mrs didn't find out for a while till the niece let the cat out if the bag)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Butch said:

Cut the family off, root and stem. Stepdad and mother, everyone. Delete numbers, change your SIM cards and treat them as never had existed.They are toxic, demanding and a drain on her progression thought life. They are human leeches and see her as nothing but a source of income. She owes them nothing, by virtue of the fact they think she owes them something.

You can choose friends, but not family.

Cut them off, they are not going to come over and demand from you on your doorstep, and if they do, offer them a mediation via a machete. I've had experience of this, and effectively told the family if they want the money to come and get it themselves, in person or forget it.

I have had relatives turn up on the doorstep at our house in the Philippines asking for the money back which they spent supporting my wife in the 80's. My answer was telling them to leave and never return or face the prospect dealing with a (bribed) Police officer.

She has a chance to make a good life for herself, not the leeches that surround her mother. If she feels bad, get her mother over as a dependent on the condition that her mother comes on the girls terms rather than her mothers.

Family pressure is only relevant if you allow it to be.

In essence, tell them to get f***d. Tell them to come and get the money themselves, and good luck with accommodation and looking after themselves.

Give the girl a chance to make her life worthwhile, f**k the family. If they cared then they would be asking about her welfare, not about how much cash she can make.

Cunts.

You seem to be overlooking the small problem the young lady is only visiting for a limited time and still has to go back home. And yes, I would also recommend her to cut them off, but it still is her choice, maybe at a later stage together with the guy she is dating at the moment.

On 7/23/2021 at 9:28 AM, Willem said:

My neece is now in holland, she is 22 years old and now she is dating and hopefully this man can bring her here permanently.

The problem is her family is demanding money. We send a little bit out of pocket, but they are constantly demanding more from her, because of course their daughter should be earning 1000s of moneys through sex work. I think they got the wrong idea of our intentions of bringing her here and my only thought is to make a visum for the aunt so she can earn the money that she wants herself.

To add some more info, my thai neeces father died when she was 5 and she grew up with a mother who works in sweat shop 10-14h a day and a stepdad. A really unsafe household so she bassically had to stay with friends most of the time. The last few years she even slept with friends due to her stepdad locking the door at night.

Does anyone have any experience dealing with this shit? Her family is almost telling her to make money here any way possible, even though it is illegal.

Easy ...get the name of a decent (better always use a female Bangkok lawyer).

One (illegal activities drugs, money laundering, prostitution) cease and desist letter / email / phone call job done for ever,

Cost less than 100 Euros ..... 

• 10 months later...

A friend of mine Thai wife living in the UK was constantly been asked for more and more money by her parents. They told her that her sister who lived in Japan was not sending home any money.

My friends son visited his aunt in Japan and she asked why is her sister not sending money home.

2 hours ago, Siam Addict said:

A friend of mine Thai wife living in the UK was constantly been asked for more and more money by her parents. They told her that her sister who lived in Japan was not sending home any money.

My friends son visited his aunt in Japan and she asked why is her sister not sending money home.

says it all really

• Haha 1

I know this was an old topic , but still made me shake my head. We just keep hearing more  about stories like this, basically the greed of Thais and the concept of face(which sorry we will NEVER 100% grasp unless we are born into a Thai family). 

All I will say is, thank God I read the web about such tales way back in 2007 before my first trip. It could have easily been me that got duped had I fallen in love back then, when I had more $ in my accounts. When I fall, I fall hard, and love to spoil the right woman. Unfortunately most of the time as tourists we will meet a BG, and rarely can it last. Would you proudly prance around, or even dare bareback, the local massage parlour girl back home ? It’s brutal to say that, but am I exaggerating? 

But there was a tall, tanned brunette who gave me a Nuru in 2009, about 2 miles from the F1 racetrack. The one that got away……

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1

On 7/24/2021 at 9:54 AM, Yesitisdakid said:

I never forget the mother who brought her 18 year old daughter into baby dolls so she could dance

I remember that happening in another go go with a girl who's age I won't even mention.

Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch cherry :default_bomb:

A few years ago...back when I stayed at Rancho Isaan...the neighbors built a little cottage for their daughter. 

Turns out she was using it to discreetly service a number of local gov'mint officials. No worries, right?

I've also seen many roadside "karaoke" clubs in other parts of Isaan. Just part of the local economy. No big.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

3 hours ago, lazarus said:

A few years ago...back when I stayed at Rancho Isaan...the neighbors built a little cottage for their daughter. 

Turns out she was using it to discreetly service a number of local gov'mint officials. No worries, right?

I've also seen many roadside "karaoke" clubs in other parts of Isaan. Just part of the local economy. No big.

Very well said!

6 hours ago, lazarus said:

Saw the same as well when I first moved here and lived in a small Isaan village.

I enjoyed going to the local karaoke clubs with my GF. Locals were always buying me drinks trying to get the farang drunk. Good fun.

One night saw what was obviously a minor working the karaoke, sitting on the lap of a Thai guy that was old enough to be her grandfather. Mentioned that to my lady on the way home and asked why the BIB don't do something about. Turns out the Thai guy was the top BIB for area. She also said the young ones were imports from Laos.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

She also said the young ones were imports from Laos.

Yeah...

I was driving in backwater Mukdahan one night on a road trip with a gal from Secrets and we passed a 'honky tonk' looking place in the middle of nowhere all lit up. I asked what's that and the reply was "sao Lao"...

7 hours ago, lazarus said:

These roadside karaoke are everywhere in Isaan when you know the area. Mostly owned and controlled by the boys in brown I have been very reliably informed. Ages seem to range from grandma Ma Crockett to I dread to think. 

Mostly little roadside shakes lit up like Santa's grotto with fairy lights.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 7/24/2021 at 10:03 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

Its f...... appalling what predominantly Isaan parent(s) will try and force on their daughters so they can have an easy life, not all but some. A far cry from what is acceptable in the west, do you know of any western parents doing the same thing with their daughter ?

Sadly I do know some western parents that have done so

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, lazarus said:

Been to a couple of them with the brother in law I was a extreamly good boy as I was the sober driver plus I knew if I played up I knew the whole village would know before I finished my orange juice 

• Haha 1

Some years ago when I used to stay on Soi 6, I'd hang around at a bar near my hotel run by a genial Aussie; we'd laze away the afternoon drinking beer, chatting away and watching the goings-on. One day a cute new girl popped her head out of the door and looked around a bit - she looked very young and  I asked my friend about her.

"Yeah, she's only 16, mate - she was being such a little slut at home that her parents told her if she was going to behave like that, she may as well go to Pattaya and make some money for them doing it; she's probably bringing in more cash through the back door than some of the other girls are through the front."

Very tempting, I must say, but I decided I'd better not indulge although I have enjoyed a couple of Thai teenagers - just none quite that young; mind you,  I've often thought that a lot of these village girls do grow up pretty quickly, so to speak...

2 hours ago, maipenrai said:

"Yeah, she's only 16, mate - she was being such a little slut at home that her parents told her if she was going to behave like that, she may as well go to Pattaya and make some money for them doing it; she's probably bringing in more cash through the back door than some of the other girls are through the front."

Very tempting, I must say, but I decided I'd better not indulge although I have enjoyed a couple of Thai teenagers - just none quite that young; mind you,  I've often thought that a lot of these village girls do grow up pretty quickly, so to speak...

I found out many years ago that it’s scary how much that goes on. And I’m sure the vast majority are legitimately there to earn some baht for Mama. But just like narcotics, you’d have to be a fool to mess with that as a farang. And the BiB or anyone else doesn’t give 2 shits about her health or the morality of the actions ...110% it’s an excuse to fleece you of $

But as with anything else, there’s 2 standards in Thailand, and I don’t even know if punishment exists for a local man who does the same thing. Heard the Philippines is huge for that scam, meet a lady and she says “ can I bring a friend for threesome”……you hear that, RUN!