Tokyo Olympics

Stillearly

Class act on Caeleb Dressel's part, giving his gold medal to Brooks Curry after winning the 4x100m freestyle relay, and before the medal ceremony. He did it because Curry swam for him in the prelim, allowing Dressel to rest and swim the final 15 hours later.

Why Caeleb Dressel tossed his first gold medal of the Tokyo Olympics to a teammate in the stands

6f79f130-eddd-11eb-afac-fca3281ba06c.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Class act on Caeleb Dressel's part, giving his gold medal to Brooks Curry after winning the 4x100m freestyle relay, and before the medal ceremony. He did it because Curry swam for him in the prelim, allowing Dressel to rest and swim the final 15 hours later.

Why Caeleb Dressel tossed his first gold medal of the Tokyo Olympics to a teammate in the stands

6f79f130-eddd-11eb-afac-fca3281ba06c.jpg

He will get one later anyway, but that's still great to see!

3 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Two more golds for Team GB 🇬🇧 

Tom Daley/Marty Lee in diving 

and Tom Pidcock in mountain biking 

Silver for Lauren Williams in Taekwando ... she was about six points ahead with 30 secs to go .. gutted for her 

She f***d up big time, she was leading with around 10 seconds to go, all she had to do was back off the mat a couple of times and she had gold, instead she took a late hit.

Inexperienced hurt her unfortunately.

Hard to watch, but I was gutted for her too!

Just now, boydeste said:

She f***d up big time, she was leading with around 10 seconds to go, all she had to do was back off the mat a couple of times and she had gold, instead she took a late hit.

Inexperienced hurt her unfortunately.

Hard to watch, but I was gutted for her too!

Exactly the same thing happened yesterday to Sinden ... so close ...

10 minutes ago, boydeste said:

So far it's been good, but could have been so much better!

Worth remembering in 96 Team GB only won one Gold during the whole games .... since Lottery funding we have been spoilt , the last few games have been special 🙂 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Worth remembering in 96 Team GB only won one Gold during the whole games .... since Lottery funding we have been spoilt , the last few games have been special 🙂 

I agree, but it is only where we should have been.

Olympics should be about show casing your best athletes, not about who has the best funding.

6 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I agree, but it is only where we should have been.

Olympics should be about show casing your best athletes, not about who has the best funding.

But they need funding to perform at their best ,  before the lottery most GB athletes had to balance a job and training 

13 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

But they need funding to perform at their best ,  before the lottery most GB athletes had to balance a job and training 

Yes I know mate, glad things have improved and it's great to see.

• Like 1