The New Subic Bay

Glasseye

Given the issues concerning the Spratleys, and Chinese attempted dominance of the region in question, this comes as no surprise.

Let's see how the Chinese feel about having aUS  Carrier group perched on their doorstep. I expect a few Chinese toilet blockages.

The Chinese like to rattle the sabre a bit, but the Americans rattle the sabre, then proceed to back it up. Duterte was anti American and pro China in the outset, but he has since seen the light and has been perhaps persuaded that if you're going to bring a knife to a gunfight, it might be a better idea to bring your friend along, you know, the guy who collects big guns.

The Chinese have a lot to answer for, and I also think they will be very reluctant to contemplate challenging the USA and associated ASEAN Nations as time goes on.

Also, it is good news for the Philippine economy, so everyone is a winner.

• Like 6
  • Great Info 1

3 minutes ago, Butch said:

Given the issues concerning the Spratleys, and Chinese attempted dominance of the region in question, this comes as no surprise.

Let's see how the Chinese feel about having aUS  Carrier group perched on their doorstep. I expect a few Chinese toilet blockages.

The Chinese like to rattle the sabre a bit, but the Americans rattle the sabre, then proceed to back it up. Duterte was anti American and pro China in the outset, but he has since seen the light and has been perhaps persuaded that if you're going to bring a knife to a gunfight, it might be a better idea to bring your friend along, you know, the guy who collects big guns.

The Chinese have a lot to answer for, and I also think they will be very reluctant to contemplate challenging the USA and associated ASEAN Nations as time goes on.

Also, it is good news for the Philippine economy, so everyone is a winner.

China is in for a very harsh spanking if they keep acting like an abused two year old. Their diapers will be filled with poop.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

China is in for a very harsh spanking if they keep acting like an abused two year old. Their diapers will be filled with poop.

This also has implications for Taiwan.

The US are simply responding to a threat within the region, the Chinese see it as a threat to territory. The problem is, the Chinese actually think that it will only be the USA who will stand up for Taiwan, in reality it will be a global response, with of course the exception of Thailand,,,

Just as an aside I preferred the 'old' Subic Bay back in the 80s/90s before the navy boys upped and left.  Those were some of my most special times and living in Barrio Barretto between 91 - 93 and heading north to Subic or south to Olongapo for some very interesting days and nights will remain as great memories.

Don't think the heady days back then will be returned with the 'new' Subic bay but where there is military there will be girls, there will be good times.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Just as an aside I preferred the 'old' Subic Bay back in the 80s/90s before the navy boys upped and left.  Those were some of my most special times and living in Barrio Barretto between 91 - 93 and heading north to Subic or south to Olongapo for some very interesting days and nights will remain as great memories.

Don't think the heady days back then will be returned with the 'new' Subic bay but where there is military there will be girls, there will be good times.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...