Kasikorn Online App

Sea-Hawks

my phone got smashed, so I had to get a new phone.  I added the Kasikorn app to the new phone, but it doesn’t seem to allow me access to my acct via online app

Has anybody else had this same problem when switching phones? …Do I need to be back in Thailand to set that up? 

53 minutes ago, Sea-Hawks said:

my phone got smashed, so I had to get a new phone.  I added the Kasikorn app to the new phone, but it doesn’t seem to allow me access to my acct via online app

Has anybody else had this same problem when switching phones? …Do I need to be back in Thailand to set that up? 

My wife has the Kasikorn app on her old phone which she has to use to access her account. She has the app on her new phone but she can not access her account, she was told something to do with an OTP (one time password) which can only be sent within Thailand, we are in the UK.

• Like 2

…on another issue, my original acct was opened in Jomtien.  I don’t live there anymore and now in Pattaya.  Is it easy/possible to have my registered branched switch over to a Kasikorn branch across the street ?

10 hours ago, Sea-Hawks said:

…on another issue, my original acct was opened in Jomtien.  I don’t live there anymore and now in Pattaya.  Is it easy/possible to have my registered branched switch over to a Kasikorn branch across the street ?

I don't think it matters where you opened the account mate, you can do your transactions in any branch. The only thing I noticed is if you do an atm transaction out of your province, then you incure a 10 or 15 baht fee, give or take.

Yes, my K account was opened at a branch in south pattaya road 18+ years ago but all my interaction (new pass book etc) for the last 10 years has been at the Big C Extra branch. Never had a problem with that. 

On 7/25/2021 at 11:47 PM, Horizondave said:

My wife has the Kasikorn app on her old phone which she has to use to access her account. She has the app on her new phone but she can not access her account, she was told something to do with an OTP (one time password) which can only be sent within Thailand, we are in the UK.

I had the same problem with KTB after I went back to the UK.

However, I could still access my Thai account by logging in online where I do not need a OTC unlike when using my phone. On the other hand I cannot make transfers from the account as that does generate a OTC to my old Thai telephone number and it will not recognize my new UK number in the settings.

55 minutes ago, Jambo said:

However, I could still access my Thai account by logging in online where I do not need a OTC unlike when using my phone. On the other hand I cannot make transfers from the account as that does generate a OTC to my old Thai telephone number and it will not recognize my new UK number in the settings.

I have my Thai Sim turned on in the UK and the security codes come through to it OK. If you still have the Sim card it's worth a try.

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

Yes it is the transfers that are the issue.  Hopefully her old phone won't give up the ghost before she visits Thailand next summer.

23 hours ago, boydeste said:

I have my Thai Sim turned on in the UK and the security codes come through to it OK. If you still have the Sim card it's worth a try.

That is interesting as I never considered that would work.

My daughter had a new UK Sim card waiting for me and I just substituted that for my Thai sim card on arrival. My Thai ATM card worked okay so I have just now left a nominal amount in the Thai account to keep it ticking over. I discovered KTB bank hit me with a 1,500 baht fee which appears to be for "excessive" use of my Thai ATM card overseas! 😝

I have been using "Wise" now for the occasional transfer as that is really efficient.

33 minutes ago, Jambo said:

That is interesting as I never considered that would work.

My daughter had a new UK Sim card waiting for me and I just substituted that for my Thai sim card on arrival. My Thai ATM card worked okay so I have just now left a nominal amount in the Thai account to keep it ticking over. I discovered KTB bank hit me with a 1,500 baht fee which appears to be for "excessive" use of my Thai ATM card overseas! 😝

I have been using "Wise" now for the occasional transfer as that is really efficient.

I am with AIS, the phone logs on to one of the UK phone providers as roaming. Everything works fine. Just don't make or answer any calls as your baht drops faster than a whores drawers. 

• Like 1