Lake Tahoe/Foreigner Concert....

Yessongs

Still living life to the max good for you Mike...

Stunning pictures , really enjoyed seeing something different and how life is treating you both now.

If I lived over in your neck of the woods I think I would care less about even going back to LOS .

Take care 🍻

• Like 2

Many thanks for the Tahoe pics. Nice scenery. 👍

Mrs. Mike is especially photogenic when she's having fun spending your money... 😉 

Lake Tahoe -- one of my favorite places in the summer as a kid...lived there in the winter (Donner Lake & Squaw Valley) in my mid-30s. 

I'm heading up that way tomorrow (north shore) to visit my cousin & will add some pics to the thread when I get back to the fog.

• Like 2

Fabulous report, outstanding !

Tremendous pics, wow !

Now that you mentioned it... The tune "Juke Box Hero" is a great song to finish with. That song friggen cranks ! For sure one of their top songs. probably my favorite from them.

Most of all, it's really cool that you enjoyed yourself. Nice to see pics of you and Ranchanee. You are both looking great (especially her, wink wink).

Thanks !                            

• Like 2

16 hours ago, roomark said:

Still living life to the max good for you Mike...

Stunning pictures , really enjoyed seeing something different and how life is treating you both now.

If I lived over in your neck of the woods I think I would care less about even going back to LOS .

Take care 🍻

Thanks buddy, yeah we are having a blast here, lot's of things to see/do. For sure right now LOS is in the rear view mirror till things get better over there..when ever that is. Are you a Foreigner fan? I think you have mentioned a few concerts you have been to. May 2022 they are doing shows in Glasgow, Newcastle, London, Manchester, Nottingham, Birmingham and Cardiff with Whitesnake and Europe. They play well and think it might be worth a look. Forgot to mention, a fair amount of good looking gals were at this show. 

14 hours ago, lazarus said:

Many thanks for the Tahoe pics. Nice scenery. 👍

Mrs. Mike is especially photogenic when she's having fun spending your money... 😉 

Lake Tahoe -- one of my favorite places in the summer as a kid...lived there in the winter (Donner Lake & Squaw Valley) in my mid-30s. 

I'm heading up that way tomorrow (north shore) to visit my cousin & will add some pics to the thread when I get back to the fog.

Thanks Matt, have a good time on the north shore, hey go all the way in the water and let me know how it feels? 

12 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Fabulous report, outstanding !

Tremendous pics, wow !

Now that you mentioned it... The tune "Juke Box Hero" is a great song to finish with. That song friggen cranks ! For sure one of their top songs. probably my favorite from them.

Most of all, it's really cool that you enjoyed yourself. Nice to see pics of you and Ranchanee. You are both looking great (especially her, wink wink).

Thanks !                            

Thanks Glass, yeah good time for sure. I am so glad that "hacks" like us, still have some of these bands from back in the 70's that still tour and the best part is, they still sound great. Good to see live music is back...at least for a while hopefully. 

On 8/1/2021 at 7:33 AM, Yessongs said:

Thanks Matt, have a good time on the north shore, hey go all the way in the water and let me know how it feels? 

Nice up on the lake today...

I picked up a little boat so you don't have to rent one next trip!

20210801-IMG_7242.jpg

20210410-IMG_3090.jpg

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 5

Lake Tahoe, one of the crown jewels of North America. Fabulous pics, you and your wife looked to have had a great time. Sorry I couldn't come up for the day like I had hoped to.

How large was the venue that Foreigner played? Maybe 7500? It's amazing how a band that has been at it for well over 40 years, through personnel changes, no Top 40 hits for a generation, and yet, can still draw huge enthusiastic crowds to hear their greatest hits catalogue and still kick ass doing it. Just proves how much their 70's and 80's stuff still holds up with the audience, both the old one and the younger people who are discovering what a great band they were and still are and they don't need to go on the State Fair circuit as an "oldies" act.

The difference in recreational opportunities here we can enjoy couldn't stand in more stark contrast to what we are seeing happening in Pattaya with the lockdowns. Like night and day.

Glad you both enjoyed. I'm off on a cross country road trip tomorrow. Be gone nearly all of August. Hope to reach Maine before heading back.

America, as your pics can attest, is a beautiful country. We need to remind ourselves of that fact from time to time and get out there and see it.

The open road will show me the way.

• Like 5

@Yessongs

Cheers for the info I just looked it up Manchester is the 18th May I wouldn't mind going to see that , that's a good line up Whitesnake and Foreigner I used to really like Europe were OK too.

It's not a bad arena either I think the biggest in The U.K I saw Roger Waters there last (though have seen a few over the years)

• Like 1

Awesome pics Mike, good to see you two looking well. Thanks for posting them. 

Lake Tahoe looks stunning, just the sort of place I'd love to see. Do like the great outdoors. Can't beat the old 70s and 80's bands, was meant to see a Saxon, Krokus and Girlschool gig but that's been changed for the third time to next year. WASP ended up being cancelled altogether, Geoff Tate was meant to be this month but is now next year, and Toyah is next year also. Most of them were booked nearly 2 years ago. 

But hopefully gigs will get going properly soon as most will be dying of old age by the time they get back lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 8/1/2021 at 8:15 AM, Aqualung said:

Brilliant stuff Mike. Stunning pictures and the scenery ain't half bad as well. Glad you both had a great time. 

Thanks Steve.....hope you and wifey are doing well? 

20 hours ago, forqalso said:

The first concert I ever went to had Foreigner as one of the opening acts for the Eagles. Over forty years ago. Good to see they’re still at it. 

Good on you, I am just amazed at how great these "70's" bands still sound. So glad to hear live music again. 

12 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Great quality pics as usual Mike TFP. Wifey's looking as lovely as ever.

Thanks Cliff, was hoping Angus had left one of his "Gibson SG's" at The Hard Rock. How is wifey doing? 

10 hours ago, lazarus said:

Nice up on the lake today...

I picked up a little boat so you don't have to rent one next trip!

20210801-IMG_7242.jpg

20210801-IMG_7245.jpg

Dam Matt, that boat is a beast. Is that your "bar fine" you picked up at one of the local clubs taking care of you on the boat?  If you want to be in the "big leagues" I need to hear that you went in the water and tell me how it felt. Wifey and I are in the club now LOL! 

9 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Lake Tahoe, one of the crown jewels of North America. Fabulous pics, you and your wife looked to have had a great time. Sorry I couldn't come up for the day like I had hoped to.

How large was the venue that Foreigner played? Maybe 7500? It's amazing how a band that has been at it for well over 40 years, through personnel changes, no Top 40 hits for a generation, and yet, can still draw huge enthusiastic crowds to hear their greatest hits catalogue and still kick ass doing it. Just proves how much their 70's and 80's stuff still holds up with the audience, both the old one and the younger people who are discovering what a great band they were and still are and they don't need to go on the State Fair circuit as an "oldies" act.

The difference in recreational opportunities here we can enjoy couldn't stand in more stark contrast to what we are seeing happening in Pattaya with the lockdowns. Like night and day.

Glad you both enjoyed. I'm off on a cross country road trip tomorrow. Be gone nearly all of August. Hope to reach Maine before heading back.

America, as your pics can attest, is a beautiful country. We need to remind ourselves of that fact from time to time and get out there and see it.

The open road will show me the way.

Oh Smooth, thanks for your inputs buddy. We will meet up one day, that theater was 2,600 seats. Love when those 70's bands play places like this. You can feel the drums hitting your stomach! Looking forward to hearing about your cross country trip and some pics. Be safe out on the open road, have a great time. 

7 hours ago, roomark said:

@Yessongs

Cheers for the info I just looked it up Manchester is the 18th May I wouldn't mind going to see that , that's a good line up Whitesnake and Foreigner I used to really like Europe were OK too.

It's not a bad arena either I think the biggest in The U.K I saw Roger Waters there last (though have seen a few over the years)

Yeah would love to hear a review of that show, always wanted to go to "Wembley" or some other "monster" place like " Donington" to see a concert in Europe. Roger Waters is phenemonal. He will be here Sept 2022...I got my tickets. Cancelled shows from last year. 

4 hours ago, galenkia said:

Awesome pics Mike, good to see you two looking well. Thanks for posting them. 

Lake Tahoe looks stunning, just the sort of place I'd love to see. Do like the great outdoors. Can't beat the old 70s and 80's bands, was meant to see a Saxon, Krokus and Girlschool gig but that's been changed for the third time to next year. WASP ended up being cancelled altogether, Geoff Tate was meant to be this month but is now next year, and Toyah is next year also. Most of them were booked nearly 2 years ago. 

But hopefully gigs will get going properly soon as most will be dying of old age by the time they get back lol.

Thanks Alan, I need to ask you. Am I too old to go to one of those shows like you go to? I mean I can still "bang" in the mosh pit! I am older but in relatively good shape, I know if anyone f***d with me, you would get it sorted pretty quick LOL! 

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

Superb Mike, it's very refreshing seeing you both living life to the max. :default_cheers:

Thanks Stu, saw a few guys fishing in Lake Tahoe. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Yessongs said:

Is that your "bar fine" you picked up at one of the local clubs taking care of you on the boat?  If you want to be in the "big leagues" I need to hear that you went in the water and tell me how it felt. Wifey and I are in the club now LOL! 

That's 'Angel'...picked her up off the street in front of my house. Seriously. Woof.

Nope, didn't go in. Just lunch & a hello to my Cuz...then back to the Bay. I could feel the altitude...didn't want my heart to stop, too.

On the way home took a side route (Highway 12) through lower Napa into Sonoma Valley.  Very beautiful there right now.  Take your Mrs...she likes wine, right?

20210618-IMG_1710.jpg

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, lazarus said:

That's 'Angel'...picked her up off the street in front of my house. Seriously. Woof.

Nope, didn't go in. Just lunch & a hello to my Cuz...then back to the Bay. I could feel the altitude...didn't want my heart to stop, too.

On the way home took a side route (Highway 12) through lower Napa into Sonoma Valley.  Very beautiful there right now.  Take your Mrs...she likes wine, right?

20210618-IMG_1710.jpg

Cool Matt that you took her off the street...well done. Yeah wifey is good for a glass of Wine, then her "Engrish" becomes a challenge LOL! We are going to San Luis Obispo for a week at the end of this month, staying at the Mt. Madonna Inn. There are some fun things to do hopefully. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Cool Matt that you took her off the street...well done. Yeah wifey is good for a glass of Wine, then her "Engrish" becomes a challenge LOL! We are going to San Luis Obispo for a week at the end of this month, staying at the Mt. Madonna Inn. There are some fun things to do hopefully. 

Good to see you both out enjoying the good life. When I bought my old Mercedes from a gentleman in Pismo Beach a few years ago, we had to go to SLO to take care of the legalities and he took me to the Madonna Inn when we were there - quite the place and I still have a souvenir t-shirt...

21 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Good to see you both out enjoying the good life. When I bought my old Mercedes from a gentleman in Pismo Beach a few years ago, we had to go to SLO to take care of the legalities and he took me to the Madonna Inn when we were there - quite the place and I still have a souvenir t-shirt...

Thanks Gord, yeah been planning on going to Mt. Madonna Inn since my first wife LOL!  Too bad for her huh? Place is unique and looking forward to this. Hope all is well in Canada..... eh? 

• 4 weeks later...

Dam, this is tough to see for me and alot of others I am sure. 52 years going to Lake Tahoe and god only knows what is going to happen here. It was "pristine" the 2nd week of July when we were there. 

Hope a miracle happens and all the people there survive. 

Edited by Yessongs
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Sad 2