Top Three Stand Out Memories - Pattaya Only

Glasseye

For those, going back a few years (or even recently)....

What memories come back to you as perhaps the most vivid or significant when looking back at your times (good and bad) in Pattaya ? Try to keep them brief (initially at least), 3 or less.

1. The day I finally got to Secrets walked in and there was hardly anyone there. Had a few drinks and then met Ben (like shaking the hand of a fish), huge disappointment. Then I met the guy with the funny moustache sitting in the back corner of the bar. The rest is history :default_getdown:

2. The first night of lockdown in Pattaya. I was staying in VT 6. 3 am looking down 2nd road and not seeing one car, or hearing any music. Unforgettable !!!  :default_ermm:

3. New Years Eve - 2020. Hanging out on Soi 13/1, Midnight. Fireworks going off everywhere. My Thai friend telling me there was an accident with a man in the next Soi over (Soi 13/2). Then later hearing that some guy blew his face off with fireworks. :default_drink::default_bomb:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1. The airport closure , loads of guys stranded ... might sound good , but some were running out of funds and had no idea when they could get home .. I was lucky as my departing flight was on the 5th , so wasn't affected , but there was uncertainty for eight days 

2. My first ever soapy body massage, I didn't stop smiling for hours ....

3. My first time at Hell Club , with Rose and Cake , I didn't stop smiling for days ... 🙂 

• Like 2

Since I have only been to Pattaya 4 times and one time was cut short to just 5-6 days I don't have much to choose from....

1) But.... the number one memory (which hopefully will never become memory number 2): I fell in a massage shop in soi Honey and broke my shoulder. I have mentioned it before: 

2) Walking through groin high shit water along buakhao after a thunderstorm.

3) Watching an old chinese woman taking a shit between 2 busses along beach road.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Surprised 1

8 minutes ago, Lirchenfeld said:

Since I have only been to Pattaya 4 times and one time was cut short to just 5-6 days I don't have much to choose from....

1) But.... the number one memory (which hopefully will never become memory number 2): I fell in a massage shop in soi Honey and broke my shoulder. I have mentioned it before: 

2) Walking through groin high shit water along buakhao after a thunderstorm.

3) Watching an old chinese woman taking a shit between 2 busses along beach road.

5555555555555555  !!!!

Some good ones there Lirch !!!!

I have had one soapy in my lifetime, and that is all I will ever have. Due to the fear of slipping and breaking something for sure.

Thanks for your sacrifice. Very courageous of you.    :default_evil:

*** On a side note....   I once saw a Chinese couple having their 3 year old take a dump on the curb, Beach Road a few years back. Probably wasn't as entertaining as your lady between the buses though. :default_blink:

• Like 1

1. Dinner(s) at the Beefeater. Love that place.

2. A smart & pretty massage woman named Lucky I met in '17. 

3. Riding a scooter in the early morning along Beach Rd, over Pratanak Hill, and along Jomtien. Something about the quiet in the morning...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, lazarus said:

1. Dinner(s) at the Beefeater. Love that place.

2. A smart & pretty massage woman named Lucky I met in '17. 

3. Riding a scooter in the early morning along Beach Rd, over Pratanak Hill, and along Jomtien. Something about the quiet in the morning...

Nothing like flying down Beach Road at the break of dawn on the back of some yaba'd up motorbike. :default_bow:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Glasseye said:

Nothing like flying down Beach Road at the break of dawn on the back of some yaba'd up motorbike. :default_bow:

I prefer to be driving my own bike. 🏁

But yeah...throwing caution to the wind on a motorbike is a time honored Pattaya pastime. 🙂

I mean...what could go wrong? ☠️

mini-20110813-IMG_9995.jpg

20110814-IMG_0128.jpg

20110814-IMG_0134.jpg

20110920-IMG_1928.jpg

20110918-IMG_1734.jpg

20110720-IMG_6950.jpg

20110720-IMG_7018.jpg

20110721-IMG_7130.jpg

20110721-IMG_7185.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, lazarus said:

I prefer to be driving my own bike. 🏁

But yeah...throwing caution to the wind on a motorbike is a time honored Pattaya pastime. 🙂

I mean...what could go wrong? ☠️

mini-20110813-IMG_9995.jpg

20110814-IMG_0128.jpg

20110814-IMG_0134.jpg

20110920-IMG_1928.jpg

20110918-IMG_1734.jpg

20110720-IMG_6950.jpg

20110720-IMG_7018.jpg

20110721-IMG_7130.jpg

20110721-IMG_7185.jpg

Absolutely nothing.....   😁

• Surprised 1

12 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

1. My first, and only, soapy on 2nd Road, with 2 ladies. Awesome fun, but I’ve always maintained it’s a “been there, done that” kind of experience

2. My foursome with 3 ladies from the Simon complex. Pic attached, nuff said

3. My first whole day as a newbie  in Pattaya, after a single short night sleeping in BKK, midnight arrival. ST massage w/FS, a mere 20 minutes after checking in on Soi 5, just past lunchtime. Through the Secrets forum, found the bar thanks in large part to the hawkers with the signs on WS. Met Larry, he introduced me to MrDK(Lars RIP buddy), he and a friend took me on a nice long bar hop, and then the next afternoon my first tour of Soi 6. 

Sounds obvious, but without much planning back home and in the days before smartphones, your first day as total newbie could be quite challenging

E2FB17AD-202F-46CB-AD58-2E278B011FA5.jpeg

Big 10-4. Lars was one of the best hosts I've ever been with. RIP good buddy. Sure was looking forward to more good times hanging with him, and dinner at the Tin cup. Miss him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I had just bought a small carved horse in a shop for a friend back home when I was approached by a young Thai girl.  She was a tout for some time share, which I had no interest in. She asked me where I was from, so I said, “the US”.  She’d never heard of it. “USA?” Nope. “America?” “Aaah, Ameri-ka, you from America.  Are you a cowboy,” she asked. I answered, “sure, why not?” She then asked, “if you cowboy, where is your horse?” And I reached into my bag….

• Haha 4

The first night, had arrived from Bangkok with a mate ,

Knew nothing about Pattaya was going to be just an overnight trip , had even left passport in safe in Bangkok hotel 

loved the way place changes off a night into a cartoon,

the first time on Soi 8 and partying in the FLB 

• Like 1

1)Like for many others my first day,I was on a 3 day excursion from my first time in Bangkok(& was unaware of places like Cowboy & Patpong).Walking down beach road I met Mike Smith(in his Caesars Bar) & Wayne Tischburn,who became good friends & then I went into the TQ & barfined a very fit honey for the 3 days.

2)In the same year(1981) in the early hours of Christmas morning out of my head on waccy baccy(via Xmas cake made by Wayne) getting mugged at gunpoint by a baht bus driver & his buddy.

3)Meeting the missus in August 1990,although I was very drunk at the time I can remember bits of it.Like playing pool & falling over & busting my glasses.

Many,many more memories....

• Haha 1
  • Surprised 1

1) My first time walking into a GGB .TQ I was 24 and looked about 14. most of the girls screamed, most of the blokes laughed and it took about 3 seconds before a girl grabbed me.

2) Meeting, entirely by chance, the legendary Happy Girl number 58 in a beer bar on Soi 7 of all places. She had gone there to meet her room mate, her mate had been barfined!. I spent a glorious 2 1/2 weeks with her, gave her a daily tip (nothing like the GGB cost though) and she damn well looked after me. She did have a tough exterior but was a really sweet girl.

3) The Mistys pattayabargirls "Oktoberfest" as organised by PSP. Hours of total debauchery in Mistys, along with the ticket came a barfine, beer and some local spirits, a massive pig roast, food and a lock in for the entire afternoon / early evening.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

[...]

I was alone taking a morning stroll when the prick forced his way in front of me basically blocking my way. Every question he asked me I answered honestly for about 20 minutes. Are you here on holiday? How long for? Where are you from in England? bla bla bla It got as far as him filling the form out and just needing my home address....in Surin!!! When he saw it he yelled all the English expletives at me for "wasting his time etc etc!"

The point of this little ditty from me is just to say that this was the ONLY time whilst living in Asia since 92 that I witnessed local employees openly laughing, mocking and publicly ridiculing their boss.

I am unsure who experienced more enjoyment them or me !!!

Karma is such a lovely bitch 😉

• Haha 1

My first visit was with a Bangkok girl who said we should check it out.  1983.  Bored stiff after a couple days and headed back to the big mango.

My second visit some Thai friends in Bangkok said their other western friends really liked it, and drove me down to drop me off at a hotel on 2nd road not far from walking street.  1997.  OMG.  Not very many years later I just started going straight to Pattaya from the airport.

• Like 1