Hiroshima, the land of the Rising Sun........ Part 1

Sherlock

Hiroshima, the land of the Rising Sun.

Such a beautiful city to visit, but you must remember its tragic history, and the part it played in ushering in the Atomic age into our world.

The tragic events that happened here must never be forgotten, and be remembered for all time. Luckily, this ( and Nagasaki) are the only times that an Atomic weapon as ever been used in anger, and especially against a civilian population, as Hiroshima had no military value whatsoever to either the Japanese war machine, or to the American invading forces. This was just a show, to show who was the biggest, badass kid on the block!!!

WARNING; SOME PEOPLE MAY FIND SOME OF THE IMAGES DISTURBING, and for that i apologise beforehand.

This is the view from my bedroom window when i woke up, and no, its not the Radioactive glow of Hiroshima............................

IMG_4846_zpsh5janhde.jpg[/size]

IMG_4849_zpsfqctxhf2.jpg

IMG_4850_zpspq4t8zce.jpg

IMG_4854_zpsuwkvaxuo.jpg

IMG_4857_zpsvyejampn.jpg

IMG_4858_zpsnxmuhum4.jpg

IMG_4862_zpsidbscnbq.jpg

The Children's museum...........................

IMG_4865_zpswazgqdqq.jpg

IMG_4867_zpszbnphzuo.jpg

IMG_4869_zpsoje3ax2f.jpg

IMG_4870_zpskxamvisz.jpg

IMG_4872_zpssiggoxli.jpg

These are the clothes of a young school girl, worn at the time of the explosion.......................

IMG_4875_zpsn1maqy2f.jpg

IMG_4876_zps1m2uyzit.jpg

Its good to know that Japanese school kids are taking a great interest in what happen here 70 years ago. These kids were everywhere today, and in there 1000's..................................

IMG_4879_zpsb95jybax.jpg

IMG_4880_zpsdgiwramy.jpg[/size]

IMG_4883_zpsjb37uwlp.jpg

Now, i don't know if you can see this clearly enough, but you should be able to see a dark "stain" on the step. This is believed to be the "shadow" of a person that was sat on the step waiting for the bank to open, at the time of the explosion. He was vapourised instantly!!!...........................

IMG_4886_zps2eifzzcv.jpg

IMG_4888_zpse8esffwr.jpg

IMG_4889_zps3xxglzkr.jpg

IMG_4891_zpsa12vnmtw.jpg

IMG_4892_zpsaqrg29pk.jpg

IMG_4896_zpsmw7wduk5.jpg

IMG_4901_zps91fdtihf.jpg

IMG_4904_zpswr9xtgp1.jpg

So hot that roof tiles started to melt!!!......................................

IMG_4902_zpswn5lp5fe.jpg

IMG_4908_zpsyluhggiq.jpg

IMG_4910_zpszdwk1l2e.jpg

A still radioactive piece of material, that the museum let you play with..................................

IMG_4911_zps04ttufum.jpg

This is the actual "black rain" that came down after the explosion............................

IMG_4912_zpsygjqdmst.jpg

A human tongue, with black spots. A cause created by the radiation........................[/size]

IMG_4914_zpsx2h9oiix.jpg

A thousand paper cranes created by a young girl called Sadako Sasaki. Its a very moving story. Legend has it if she made 1000 paper cranes she would be granted a wish, and she wished to live. Unfortunately, that never happen, and she has now become a legend for the rights of children and for peace.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadako_Sasaki

IMG_4915_zpsm3bonkwf.jpg

This is the group of children, who, shortly after this photo was taken, all lined up in single file, and said hello to me, and every single one of them "high 5" me as they walked past. The teacher was very apologetic for that, but i said it was fine. I really enjoyed that moment with the kids.............................

IMG_4916_zpsry81mcbg.jpg

IMG_4917_zpshstndw6a.jpg

IMG_4928_zpskoriv29m.jpg

IMG_4929_zps9nhdn8ap.jpg

IMG_4936_zpsaxxhj7xh.jpg

IMG_4943_zpsl64srsra.jpg

This is the shrine to Sadako Sasaki...........................................

IMG_4957_zpsm1unestf.jpg

IMG_4964_zpshbr5sfzh.jpg

IMG_4966_zpshqram9iq.jpg

IMG_4971_zpsh5aiivjk.jpg

IMG_4972_zpsdpro6kyt.jpg

IMG_4980_zpse9zv4kpm.jpg

IMG_4985_zpsv7vo5yyy.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Info 1

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, RimmerMan said:

I was in Hiroshima in June 2019.  It was a very nice city.

Thanks for sharing your photos as it brought back a lot of memories.

It is a wonderful place. Would love to go back again when this is all over.

• Like 1

Great pictures, TFP. It’s unfortunate that so many innocents were killed, but war is an awful event where all sides usually commit horrible acts to the enemy. I’m sure if you ask Japanese and Americans about both the 2 bombs and Pearl Harbour, you’re likely to get very different and biased answers

• Like 1