Emirates ad

Krapow

She's got bigger bollocks than I have. Even though I work at heights, I don't work at anything near those heights. Made my knees go all to jelly just watching it as the drone drew back.

One question I'd ask is what happens if she had needed a dump half way through filming?.

Awesome ad though, and while we're on the subject of Emirates, anyone considering flying their Premium Economy in the future, if ever?.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Butch said:

She's got bigger bollocks than I have. Even though I work at heights, I don't work at anything near those heights. Made my knees go all to jelly just watching it as the drone drew back.

1 hour ago, Freee!! said:

I am just curious which way she took down as she is an experienced skydiver and it is easily high enough.

It is something that has always confused me.

I jumped "double L" several times when I was a roughy toughy. I was never frightened of the height but more concerned about steering the damn thing.

Later in life climbing towers, I was the first to get "disco knee" when you get involuntary and uncontrollable leg shaking! Whereas climbing at night was never a problem!

In the ad I was comfortable  until the initial pull away shot but when it got to the panoramic shot I was OK with it.

EDIT = Of course my own perceptions of danger, height and longevity have changed since I have become nearer to my grave ..

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Like 1

Just now, gs joe said:

That would be a base jump, sky diving is a different game 

Beat me to it. I've jumped from a few perfectly good Airplanes, the noise, the concentration, trying to hear instructions, the checking of your own and your oppo's gear, and the excitement all remove most of the fear factor, but being in a place where the only thing you have to worry about is the sound of the air around you, no distractions apart from the thought of hitting the ground at 120mph, would lead me to ending up shitting myself.

10 minutes ago, Butch said:

Beat me to it. I've jumped from a few perfectly good Airplanes, the noise, the concentration, trying to hear instructions, the checking of your own and your oppo's gear, and the excitement all remove most of the fear factor, but being in a place where the only thing you have to worry about is the sound of the air around you, no distractions apart from the thought of hitting the ground at 120mph, would lead me to ending up shitting myself.

I was a qualified skydiver , looking out of an aircraft’s open door 

with a rig on my back I felt safe , hats of to the girl I couldn’t do it ,

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Utterly amazing! Let's see Tom Cruise pull off a stunt like that in his next action flick!

Flew Emirates once, Nairobi-Dubai-San Francisco on the A-380. Beautiful aircraft, excellent service in economy and the 32" seat pitch left just enough leg room to make it tolerable on the 15 hour flight over the polar ice cap from Dubai to SF.

Having the middle seat empty certainly didn't hurt.