3 Seawolf's Deployed

Glasseye

The US and UK are still MASSIVELY ahead of China in SSN submarines. The RN Astute Class boats are of equal capability to the USN Seawolfs. 

There is one DELCARED and I belleve one shadow/dark Astute unit with the Queen Elizabeth CSG at the moment.....as well as 2x Type 45 Destroyers, 2x Type 23 Frigates, Destroyers - USS The Sullivans and Dutch HNLMS Eversten, multiple replenishment and refueling ships. 

The Queen is carrying 18 F35B's from RAF 617 and USMC VFMA-211 Sqdn's, plus 20+ RN Fleet Air Arm Merlin Mk2's, Mk4's, and Wildcats. 

This is the largest and most powerful ever martime carrier deployment of 5th generation strike aircraft. 

To be sure, China is paying attention.

210730002537-01-navy-south-china-sea-exlarge-169.jpg

210730002800-02-navy-south-china-sea-exlarge-169.jpg

UK Carrier Strike Group lineup 310321 CREDIT ROYAL NAVY.jpeg

Edited by Shaksey

I'm far from being any kind of military buff, by a longshot. But, from my lowly perspective I reckon the combined naval and air forces of the U.S, England, Japan and others would knock the snot out of the Chinese if they attempt any foolishness. Hands down.

3 hours ago, biggles said:

Yes, but WOULD they take the Chinese on or just back down.? 

Unforeseen, obviously.  

I tend to look China like the new dominant dog in the Soi. Barking a lot and pissing everywhere. If he shits in the wrong spot both Mamma and Pappa will come back home and tear him a new asshole. Then he will lose all respect and confidence from his local pack. They will kick him out on his ass and he will find himself up on Suhcumvit road dodging lorries and digging through bins.

9 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I'm far from being any kind of military buff, by a longshot. But, from my lowly perspective I reckon the combined naval and air forces of the U.S, England, Japan and others would knock the snot out of the Chinese if they attempt any foolishness. Hands down.

Scratch Japan for anything except (limited) self-defense, check the Japanese constitution. As for others, Australia might be able to lend a hand, otherwise there aren't that many any more and few with any interest in the area.

2 minutes ago, Freee!! said:

Scratch Japan for anything except (limited) self-defense, check the Japanese constitution. As for others, Australia might be able to lend a hand, otherwise there aren't that many any more and few with any interest in the area.

On the contrary they are rapidly advancing, including development of a new 6th generation fighter that is reported to be far more advanced than the F-35. they also have a shit load of those. In addition... they are spreading some very sophisticated missell systems throughout their chain of islands leading toward Taiwan and deploying newly built super advanced naval ships (including small aircraft carriers that they can launch F-35's from.

Just now, Glasseye said:

On the contrary they are rapidly advancing, including development of a new 6th generation fighter that is reported to be far more advanced than the F-35. they also have a shit load of those. In addition... they are spreading some very sophisticated missell systems throughout their chain of islands leading toward Taiwan and deploying newly built super advanced naval ships (including small aircraft carriers that they can launch F-35's from.

But it (officially at least) is still all meant for self defense.