Swimming Pool - How'd you like this one in your garden ?

Glasseye

Looks good now, but with no filter that water is going to get rather nasty in a short amount of time. Don't understand what they intend to use the underground bunker in the middle for. Wonder if they really did fill the pool by hand, a bucket at time, or if that was for show and they used a pump.

I was a teenager when we moved and my folks bought a house from a guy who owned a pool company.  It had a great swimming pool with lights, jets, a heated Jacuzzi,  diving board, wading pool with a fountain, the works.  But I became the pool maintenance boy. I never wanted my own again.

I'm quite happy living in a place with community infinity pools (adult and little one's) that comes with my quarterly payment for the gatehouse guards and patrols, a park, fitness room, and landscaping.

13 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

I thought this was Mr Tfue, but it’s another channel. Amazing stuff they build with minimal tools, don’t know how authentic these videos are though. Whatever, great way to stay in shape

…during my first two years visiting LOS/Issan, I saw a lot of hand built things while trek throughout northern Thailand.  Pools, huts, floating pontoons, fishing net contraptions etc…Quite amazing how creative people are and how resourceful lesser wealthy people are building/making things with whatever free items that are about.  

39 minutes ago, Sea-Hawks said:

…during my first two years visiting LOS/Issan, I saw a lot of hand built things while trek throughout northern Thailand.  Pools, huts, floating pontoons, fishing net contraptions etc…Quite amazing how creative people are and how resourceful lesser wealthy people are building/making things with whatever free items that are about.  

Yes, that is the interesting part to me. The inginuity, use of available resources and the conditioning it must take to do such work. Amazing.

I wouldn't want to f**k with one of those guys in a fight. Two of them....55555555 I'd be cut up and made into a door mat jn about 3 minutes.

Not a swimming pool, but a DIY hot tub on the banks of the Mississippi River. A buddy of mine and I dreamed this up over beers one cold winter day as we beerstormed what we could do different on our annual Mississippi houseboat cruise. Decided it would be easy enough to dig a large hole in the river bank sand, line it with plastic, pump river water into it and then use the same pump to recirculate the water through copper tubing to heat the water.
P1010107.JPG

Since we had plenty of beer left during our beerstorming session, we also came up with the idea to make a slip and slide too.
P1010078.JPG

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Can remember back in 1984 me and a friend went on a 21 day coach tour of Italy. 

The passengers mainly consisted a few Brits, Canadians, Aussies but most were retired Americans. All were brilliant company and very friendly and generous if a little naive. 

One elderly guy and his wife from Florida asked us if we had a pool in our yard ( garden). They couldn't believe it when we told them we didn't and we had only had in indoor toilet for a few years. 

Great 21 days that was. 

On 8/24/2021 at 1:26 PM, Aqualung said:

Can remember back in 1984 me and a friend went on a 21 day coach tour of Italy. 

The passengers mainly consisted a few Brits, Canadians, Aussies but most were retired Americans. All were brilliant company and very friendly and generous if a little naive. 

One elderly guy and his wife from Florida asked us if we had a pool in our yard ( garden). They couldn't believe it when we told them we didn't and we had only had in indoor toilet for a few years. 

Great 21 days that was.