Looking to buy a good treadmill, can anyone recommend one available in Thailand ?

Pumpuynarak

As the topic title says, i'm looking for a good reliable treadmill. Its way to hot for me to exercise outdoors so i'm thinking about buying a quality treadmill that i can operate indoors in the aircon. I'm particularly interested in one where i can get good after sales service if it ever goes wrong.

Is there anyone out there who has experience of buying/using one in Thailand ? Thanks for any help.

I think you're going about it the wrong way. Plenty of information out there on buying a treadmill, deck length, deck width, motor power etc. I'd draw up a list of specifications first and then see if I could find a machine that matched those specifications. A lot of eye candy, big screens, flashy display, used to sell inferior quality machines.

A light commercial (or better) machine looks small in the showroom or gym but is fuking huge when you get it home.

• Like 2

IMG_20210629_093019.jpg

I hired one of these during my last quarantine in June and was so impressed that I will be buying one when the new farang escape pod is finished.

Yeah I know it's an exercise bike as apposed to a treadmill 👏just putting another option out there.

Around 7,000 baht from BigC.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

26 minutes ago, Smiler said:

IMG_20210629_093019.jpg

I hired one of these during my last quarantine in June and was so impressed that I will be buying one when the new farang escape pod is finished.

Yeah I know it's an exercise bike as apposed to a treadmill 👏just putting another option out there.

It's a good suggestion, especially for those who have knee and/or hip pain. With a bike you still get range of motion exercise with no impact on the joints like you get when running.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I bought my excersise bike about 4 years ago from Big C. I use it everyday for 15 minutes and now consider it as a " Good Habit " Very reliable bike with a few squirts of oil now and then for squeaks. Please consider the bike over the mill.

• Like 3

Cliff, do they a "Supersport" Sporting Goods store up in your area? Many to choose from. 

Wifey cannot remember the " brandname" of the one she bought in 2007 at her home, but we both use it regulary. 

One of the best things about being back here is, we run outdoors here at the local High School. I tried running outdoors in  a park down the street from her home...forget it. Miserable humidity year around. 

Treadmill is the way to go in LOS for sure.

IMG_4135 (1).jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Cliff, do they a "Supersport" Sporting Goods store up in your area? Many to choose from. 

Wifey cannot remember the " brandname" of the one she bought in 2007 at her home, but we both use it regulary. 

One of the best things about being back here is, we run outdoors here at the local High School. I tried running outdoors in  a park down the street from her home...forget it. Miserable humidity year around. 

IMG_4135 (1).jpg

Good suggestion.

Here in Thailand these days those large warehouse type sporting goods stores go by 'Decathalon.' He has one in Korat.

• Thumbs Up 1

Personally I would recommend just going outdoors for a walk in slightly cooler moments in the day. Probably not what you want to hear. My reason for this would be for wellbeing, personally it took a bit of toll on me in the UK doing literally everything indoors and then struggling to get outside was hard to get used to. During my long holidays in Patts I’ve always done the entire length of beach road and back with a bottle of water as a guide to ensure I drank it being hydrated. This is unless with health issues its better on the treadmill for low impact, just my thoughts as I don’t know the full situation in Thailand right now apart from watching some Thai news and working it out.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Smiler said:

IMG_20210629_093019.jpg

Love a good, hard spin class ...

4 hours ago, tingtong2k said:

Personally I would recommend just going outdoors for a walk in slightly cooler moments in the day.

For me there arn't any lol plus with no pavements and the braindead Thai drivers i really don't fancy putting myself at risk. I had a German mate here in Korat who used to do just as you say and "go for a walk" that is until a Thai M/C rider ploughed into him, he now has a disability and walks with a limp.

19 hours ago, fygjam said:

I think you're going about it the wrong way. Plenty of information out there on buying a treadmill, deck length, deck width, motor power etc. I'd draw up a list of specifications first and then see if I could find a machine that matched those specifications. A lot of eye candy, big screens, flashy display, used to sell inferior quality machines.

A light commercial (or better) machine looks small in the showroom or gym but is fuking huge when you get it home.

Then i need to do some extensive research. I was trying to circumvent that Fyg by getting a recco of a good machine that was tried and tested by a boardie here and one i could test before purchase......

This maybe is the solution.....

5 hours ago, Peroni said:

Here in Thailand these days those large warehouse type sporting goods stores go by 'Decathalon.' He has one in Korat.

9 hours ago, Yessongs said:

BINGO

22 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

For me there arn't any lol plus with no pavements and the braindead Thai drivers i really don't fancy putting myself at risk. I had a German mate here in Korat who used to do just as you say and "go for a walk" that is until a Thai M/C rider ploughed into him, he now has a disability and walks with a limp.

Not 100% fool proof, but if you walk/run against traffic rather than with, you have a better chance of seeing and avoiding an inattentive, drunk driver. I spend most of my time on Buakhao these days and am amazed at the number of pedestrians that walk in the road, with traffic, and are blissfully unaware of the danger fast approaching them from behind.

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Then i need to do some extensive research. I was trying to circumvent that Fyg by getting a recco of a good machine that was tried and tested by a boardie here and one i could test before purchase......

This maybe is the solution.....

https://www.decathlon.co.th/en/?query=cardio treadmill

https://www.decathlon.co.th/en/?query=cardio exercise bike&nature_id_en[0]=Exercise bike

https://www.decathlon.co.th/en/?query=cardio exercise bike&nature_id_en[0]=Studio bike

Edited by Derek Dangleberries

54 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Not 100% fool proof, but if you walk/run against traffic rather than with, you have a better chance of seeing and avoiding an inattentive, drunk driver. I spend most of my time on Buakhao these days and am amazed at the number of pedestrians that walk in the road, with traffic, and are blissfully unaware of the danger fast approaching them from behind.

I take your point entirely and when i'm forced to walk in the road (most of the time) i always walk against the traffic BUT what about the braindead Thai M/C riders who are going in the wrong direction which in Korat is MOST of the time lol.

You'll NEVER convince me that you are SAFE here on Thai roads walking/running on the roads but we're all different ehh lol 

38 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Thanks DD, just had a lookie at Decathlon here at the Mall, i think i'll pay them a visit when they're open again.

20 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

The shop is shut but they are still doing deliveries during lockdown FYI.

Don't thank me - thank FBWU that put me onto them ....!!!!

I want to see it in the flesh and try it out first then what i'll do is check availability online and the price. The Mall here in Korat is notoriously expensive.

Thanks to FBWY

• Thumbs Up 1