Campers, Caravans, Trailers, RVs - Back to the Future & Beyond.

lazarus

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/28/2023 at 2:13 AM, lazarus said:

'do it yourself-er...' with a view. 🙂

20230927-IMG_0247.jpg

20230927-IMG_0253.jpg

Made me think of a couple of "trailers" I lived in for two years while in college In Southern Illinois.  

In the South trailer parks and solo trailers are spread around everywhere. I still remember the stink of the cheap panelling and carpet. Roach infested shit holes.

Looking back I was actually in real poverty, but getting my degree was the objective. Drove a rusted out Ford with no muffler. Didn't give a damn. 

9 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Made me think of a couple of "trailers" I lived in for two years while in college In Southern Illinois.  

In the South trailer parks and solo trailers are spread around everywhere. I still remember the stink of the cheap panelling and carpet. Roach infested shit holes.

Looking back I was actually in real poverty, but getting my degree was the objective. Drove a rusted out Ford with no muffler. Didn't give a damn. 

In the late '70s my brother bought an old converted travel trailer in a local trailer park and let me live in it during the winter when he was going to college - I can remember my blanket freezing to the wall when it got below -40, pretty basic living but cheap as the pad rent was only $80 a month; the same trailer is still there but pad rents are now $450 and up. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...