Looking to build Custom Built Display Mirror

Sea-Hawks

Looking for someone in Pattaya to build me a custom display mirror.  When the tv is off, you will have your typical mirror.  When the unit is on, you can access the touch display to access/see the weather, stock ticker, grocery list etc (whatever i decide to see on the desktop screen).  Also, if I choose so, could also watch tv/movie. 

FAF182BE-1DBF-447D-95E0-A0455DB9CC3C.jpeg

628143EE-7ABD-49AD-9084-ABAE3898D713.gif

ADA8E06A-5F4B-4D84-94F5-0D9B20903190.jpeg

I believe one route is to connect to a raspberry pi cpu.  

I absolutely need touch screen capabilities.  

This mirror will be placed in the bathroom, just above the bathroom sink. 

Ability to link/sync with my Alexa Main hub would be an added bonus. 

If you or someone you know can build me a Display 2-way Mirror here in Pattaya, please send me a PM. 

thanks,

Todd

Edited by Sea-Hawks
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Depending on how handy your are you could DIY.

I saw a couple of these DIY vdo’s.  It’s definitely not for me.  They make it look so dam easy.  Let’s just say I’m not the most tech savvy person out there.  I’ve owned a raspberry pi in my arcade cabinet & don’t know how to fix, adj or make any modifications.  The tech & computer guys at my office have told me that outside of the really really old guys, I’m pretty bad at managing the company hardware & software.  

…so, I won’t be doing this level of a DIY project 

We can do the woodworking aspect of this - no problem. Sourcing a suitable 2 way mirror might be problematic - I'll make some enquiries. If you can supply ( a comparatively simple, with built-in GUI ) electronics package, we should be able to integrate it. Smart TV's are readily available here, so that aspect shouldn't be a problem.

Have you had your condo hard-wired for internet ( LAN ) ?

3 hours ago, Proffesor said:

We can do the woodworking aspect of this - no problem. Sourcing a suitable 2 way mirror might be problematic - I'll make some enquiries. If you can supply ( a comparatively simple, with built-in GUI ) electronics package, we should be able to integrate it. Smart TV's are readily available here, so that aspect shouldn't be a problem.

Have you had your condo hard-wired for internet ( LAN ) ?

Yes, hard-wired

Regarding: a comparatively simple, with built-in GUI )electronics package, we should be able to integrate it.

I don’t know what that all means, lol.

1) The wholesale glass supplier here in Pattaya, doesn't have 2-way mirror glass.

2) Comparatively simple electronics package: whatever device that you are going to use to feed the information to the screen. A package that doesn'tr need a Degree in Computer engineering / Software Design to set-up.

3) GUI : Graphical User Interface - output from the electronics package that will display the information on the screen in a manner that is logical / understandable.

It occurs to me, using a 2-way mirror in front of a TV screen won't give you "touch-screen" operation.

Need to do more research, when I have the time. Will get back to you . . . .

2 hours ago, Proffesor said:

2) Comparatively simple electronics package: whatever device that you are going to use to feed the information to the screen. A package that doesn'tr need a Degree in Computer engineering / Software Design to set-up.

I'd say a Raspberry Pi, see the second post/first reply by @forcebwithu. Additional benefit is that it will also be able to run a Pi-Hole at the same time.

2 hours ago, Proffesor said:

It occurs to me, using a 2-way mirror in front of a TV screen won't give you "touch-screen" operation.

Correct, that is another layer (see the picture in the TS) with additional electronics.

5 hours ago, Proffesor said:

Need to do more research, when I have the time. Will get back to you . . . .

32CA4CB7-9D34-4E46-8904-DC77A4C0F472.jpeg

I believe that a “IR Touch screen” will provide that part

10 hours ago, Sea-Hawks said:

32CA4CB7-9D34-4E46-8904-DC77A4C0F472.jpeg

I believe that a “IR Touch screen” will provide that part

Found these sources or an IR touch frame using Google Shopping search (link).

My interests lie more in the coding and database side of computers, but if I were competent with and had an interest in building frames, this would be an interesting project to build.

• Thumbs Up 2