Pattaya - Is It Like a Virus ?

Glasseye

It gets into your blood and festers. Once you've had it it will never leave you. It may go dormant for years, but every now and then may come back. There are vaccines that can suppress it, but nature is nature. It will always be something we will struggle with, but once we learn to manage it will always be with us and hopefully not kill us.

Hang in there mates ! Life is good !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Good point.... addiction, virus...... Either way, both hard to shake off.

I typed "Why do kids love Disneyworld" into Google .....

“We've all known the power of attracting emotions through strong storytelling, and that's what makes Disney so unique. At Disney, it's about the power of narrative and being able to create a world with a theme and characters, to draw emotions that are common to all people around the world.”

EDIT = To point out that is their bold highlights not mine!

Edited by Derek Dangleberries

More like a rash...

Good place to get over jet lag (if you fly into Bangkok), have a steak (Beefeaters), and a few cheap massages prior to a long Asian tour.

Stay too long and strange things start to grow. 🥺

Edited by lazarus

3 hours ago, Sangsom said:

Maybe for the first few trips, after that it starts to get old….

3 hours ago, lazarus said:

More like a rash...

Good place to get over jet lag (if you fly into Bangkok), have a steak (Beefeaters), and a few cheap massages prior to a long Asian tour.

Stay too long and strange things start to grow. 🥺

I love Pattaya, but then again I have found a place that suits me. My own little spot of Isaan within a short walk to the Baht bus.

Regarding the steak on a long Asian tour......I get that. I worked around the countryside of numerous PRC Provinces in the early 90s for 2 years eating fantastic food every day. Most local specialties were never eaten outside the Province, but what sticks in my mind is eating pizza in the shangralila in Hangzhou washed down with Dragon Seal red! (This was 30 years ago!!!!)

As to Pattaya being "old" after a few trips..I get that too! In my working days I had a general rule of thumb "You haven't been to a place unless you have been there 6 months but if you have been there 2 years you have been there too long"

All I can say further is that Lazarus is right. Strange things have started to grow. I left home in '72 to join the Army.I have had a fantastic life of danger,excitement and travel but now roots have starting to grow !!!!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sangsom said:

Maybe for the first few trips, after that it starts to get old….

Yea, people can change.

Loved it the first few trips, but then my priorities changed, what i wanted for my life.

Even though i have a small condo there, the last few trips, didn't stay in Pattaya that much at all. 

I have a 5 year old daughter, i'm not keen on her being exposed to the in your face sleaze. Pattaya is nowhere like it used to be, but it's still there. Each to their own though, that's just me. 

We prefer t travel about and explore more of Thailand anyway, nature, scuba, elephant sanctuaries etc.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Yea, people can change.

Loved it the first few trips, but then my priorities changed, what i wanted for my life.

Even though i have a small condo there, the last few trips, didn't stay in Pattaya that much at all. 

I have a 5 year old daughter, i'm not keen on her being exposed to the in your face sleaze. Pattaya is nowhere like it used to be, but it's still there. Each to their own though, that's just me. 

We prefer t travel about and explore more of Thailand anyway, nature, scuba, elephant sanctuaries etc.

For me once the novelty of having hookers on tap fades there are far better places in Thailand than Patts to visit.

3 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

For me once the novelty of having hookers on tap fades there are far better places in Thailand than Patts to visit.

Agreed, depends on the person though, what their priorities are, what they want. 

For your average sex pest board member, nothing in Thailand beats Pattaya ...:default_biggrin:

'Runs away and hides' 

:default_527:  :lol:

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

And the fact they have hookers on tap too is just coincidental. 🙄

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, KWA said:

And the fact they have hookers on tap too is just coincidental. 🙄

Yep, for me it's always been about the pristine beaches..... and the past few years the wonderful added assortment of the Indian food establishments.

:default_evil:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

It's the uniqueness of the place that brings mostly single men back time and time again. Let's face it, if you were looking for somewhere to have a holiday with your Mrs or family, Pattaya is probably fairly far down the list. I have taken my family to Pattaya a few times, but we tend to head on to Rayong and stay there for a week or so, although pattaya has great restaurants and stuff to do plus family friends we visit and stay with.

The p4p scene is really the one and only reason to visit for a majority, and guys tend to put up with smelly drains, pollution, noisy streets, 2 tier pricing, piss heads and a general hostility from the locals for the chance to shag a stunner for a few grand a night.

I've seen guys punching way way over their considerable weight when it comes to some to the girls they've gone home with, but that's the beauty of pattaya, nowhere else in the world can you do that with such a user friendly interface of beers - barfine - longtime - see ya later honey-  on an easy rinse and repeat basis with pretty much no issues.

Also, if you go there with a wedge of hard earned cash, you are, unless you act a complete asshat, guaranteed a good time, and at a price point which is not beyond the reach of most.

I wouldn't say Pattaya is a virus, but over the years I've certainly caught a disease.

• Like 7

Even without a family , I realise Pattaya is a shithole , only reason to go there is for the nightlife ... I always have great fun ,, but need a break from it after a week or so .. the great thing about Thailand is the nighttime fun can be had in many locations.. 😎

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Even without a family , I realise Pattaya is a shithole , only reason to go there is for the nightlife ... I always have great fun ,, but need a break from it after a week or so .. the great thing about Thailand is the nighttime fun can be had in many locations.. 😎

Yup completely agree, loads of places way better than patts where you can still get the main vein drained when required……also with less chav lowlifes around, which Patts has a large quantity of.

Its totally a virus. Or more like a disease.

1st trip was 10 years ago.

24 hours after i landed back in Australia i was already booking my second trip.

10 years on and i think im up to about 30 Pattaya trips now.

And last time i was there was December 2019 before the world stopped and its like a junkie trying to stay clean.

• Like 3

This sums it up pretty well.

4 of my mates in the UK asked why i keep coming to Thailand ? I said  " if you really want to know, come and try it, as it's hard to really describe " So they did......

On my next trip 3 months later, all 4 returned too, one of the chaps named Gary had some t-shirts made for us all and presented me with a framed photo.

I'm in the center, Gary is far right, Y.R.M.F.L. on the t-shirts means You've Ruined My F*cking Life, ( but they were all most thankful for it ).......

20180913_144612.jpg

20180913_144642.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, SteveBC said:

This sums it up pretty well.

4 of my mates in the UK asked why i keep coming to Thailand ? I said  " if you really want to know, come and try it, as it's hard to really describe " So they did......

On my next trip 3 months later, all 4 returned too, one of the chaps named Gary had some t-shirts made for us all and presented me with a framed photo.

I'm in the center, Gary is far right, Y.R.M.F.L. on the t-shirts means You've Ruined My F*cking Life, ( but they were all most thankful for it ).......

20180913_144612.jpg

20180913_144642.jpg

Nice one !!!