Bangkok Airways - cyber security breach

Bazle

I've just received an email advising of the above. The most relevant sentence is:

"From our investigation, the personal data that has been accessed are passenger name, family name, nationality, gender, phone number, email, address, contact information, passport information, historical travel information, partial credit card information, and special meal information."

Last month it was Tmobile (I am a customer), this month Bangkok Airways (I am a frequent customer). I am expecting another email any day.

f**k me..... who will it be next. Stick your hand in the fish bowl and pull out a name, pick any name. It's a fucking free for all. Dog damn scammers and idiot tech people, and cheap corporations - f**k them all !

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Last month it was Tmobile (I am a customer), this month Bangkok Airways (I am a frequent customer). I am expecting another email any day. 

My solicitors (lawyers) were hacked a few months ago. Unfortunately, as they are the Executors under my will, they hold considerably more personal information about me than any other organisation. That one has me rattled. 

2 minutes ago, Bazle said:

My solicitors (lawyers) were hacked a few months ago. Unfortunately, as they are the Executors under my will, they hold considerably more personal information about me than any other organisation. That one has me rattled. 

Inform them they are liable for any resulting damage to you, that will rattle them (and deservedly so).

2 minutes ago, Bazle said:

That sucks Baz, I hope it works out ok eventually mate.

This is what pisses me off about modern society. Even buying some crap from "toolstation"  or wine from Majestic needs my email or home address. All that data which, in the old days was only accessible from the phone book and no one in a shop would ever ask where you lived or for your phone number.

Nowadays, any spotty store clerk with a flash drive and bit of nouse can probably download customer contact info and pass it on.

It's not conspiracy, it's just a surrender of information that in the past, would have been kept private.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Butch said:

That sucks Baz, I hope it works out ok eventually mate.

AMEN!

8 minutes ago, Butch said:

This is what pisses me off about modern society. Even buying some crap from "toolstation"  or wine from Majestic needs my email or home address. All that data which, in the old days was only accessible from the phone book and no one in a shop would ever ask where you lived or for your phone number.

Nowadays, any spotty store clerk with a flash drive and bit of nouse can probably download customer contact info and pass it on.

It's not conspiracy, it's just a surrender of information that in the past, would have been kept private.

For some reason, just about every company I do business with gets another email address from me and it always contains the name of that business. That way I can always trace leaks and things like that.

Spoiler: I have my own domain and I use a catch all.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Oh my Buddha, that is seriously f***d.

I bet there are some tight puckered up holes in that firm. They must be scrambling around like a bunch of cats on a hot tin roof. They need to call out the friggin Best Buy Geek Squad and get things in order, pronto. Keep a close eye on that one buddy.... you may have some recourse coming to you in the future on that deal. 

And I would consider seeking guidance from another firm relating to that one, just to have in your back pocket..

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Bazle said:

To their credit, they told me that. Problem could be proving it! 

It all would come down to proving "damages". And likely that won't happen, which is a good thing. Just important to monitor things closely, and have a strategy for how to approach issues if they develop.