Vigil - New BBC Drama

john luke

New BBC drama Vigil delivered a massive shock just eight minutes.  It was written by the same team as wrote 'Line of Duty'.

It is being broadcast on BBC1 on Sunday evenings at 2100 hours.  It is also on BBC iplayer.

I do not know how realistic it is regarding Royal Navy, culture and procedures, however I have enjoyed the first episode.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, galenkia said:

I'll wait until the whole series is on iplayer then watch it. 

Currently watching Scottish crime drama The Loch on ITV Hub. That's pretty good. 

Ditto from me, I like to binge watch a good series. 

Apart from the end of the last series of Line of Duty, I thought it was brilliant. 

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 1

Watched the first episode, was a couple of things I thought were hard to believe happening in real life, but won't spoil it.

Enjoyed it enough to download the 2nd episode though, I'd give it  7/10.

By contrast downloaded Parkinson at 50. Had no expectations of it, was absolutely brilliant, particularly if you are fan of the old movies- Bacall, Welles, Jimmy Stewart, alongside some of his more notorious interviews with Ali or Helen Mirren.

Brought home just how dull much of modern TV is( f**k that makes me sound old). Today political correctness would have seen him sacked not far into the show's life.

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/31/2021 at 7:59 PM, Lemondropkid said:

Watched the first episode, was a couple of things I thought were hard to believe happening in real life, but won't spoil it.

By contrast downloaded Parkinson at 50. Had no expectations of it, was absolutely brilliant, particularly if you are fan of the old movies- Bacall, Welles, Jimmy Stewart, alongside some of his more notorious interviews with Ali or Helen Mirren.

Brought home just how dull much of modern TV is( f**k that makes me sound old). Today political correctness would have seen him sacked not far into the show's life.

I watched that last week, brilliant, especially how he treated Helen Mirren, little did he know how talented and successful she would be.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/31/2021 at 7:59 PM, Lemondropkid said:

That’s a 👍👍. Good assessment and given I think we are similar age it’s amazing how quick it’s deteriorating but perhaps that’s. BBC ?

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, AJSP said:

That’s a 👍👍. Good assessment and given I think we are similar age it’s amazing how quick it’s deteriorating but perhaps that’s. BBC ?

Don't really know if it's just limited to the BBC, like many I just tend to dip into stuff on catch up now when it suits.

Parkinson just stood out a mile as being way better that anything I had currently seen. 

Back to the topic-thought the second episode of Vigil an improvement on the first, plot bubbling along nicely. Recording tonight's now that is a rarity. Something I've only done recently for Line of Duty (think Vigil might be the same production team, not saying it's near that class, but a good watch so far).

On 8/31/2021 at 4:16 PM, john luke said:

New BBC drama Vigil delivered a massive shock just eight minutes.  It was written by the same team as wrote 'Line of Duty'.

It is being broadcast on BBC1 on Sunday evenings at 2100 hours.  It is also on BBC iplayer.

I do not know how realistic it is regarding Royal Navy, culture and procedures, however I have enjoyed the first episode.

Episode 1

Vigil.S01E01.480p.x264-mSD [P2P]
MKV | AC3 | 322MB

I found the first link below a quick download, not a overly big file -

https://drop.download/5b2321xai7g9/Vigil.S01E01.480p.x264-mSD.mkv

Other links to episode 1 -
https://nitro.download/view/F53292498C3A21D/Vigil.S01E01.480p.x264-mSD.mkv
https://rapidgator.net/file/4e27616334b8485d4fcab13af6d3a48c/Vigil.S01E01.480p.x264-mSD.mkv.html
https://uploadgig.com/file/download/93D9d96f66003d0b/Vigil.S01E01.480p.x264-mSD.mkv

Episode 2 -

Vigil.S01E02.HDTV.x264-TGX
MKV | AAC | 283MB

I found the first link below a quite good -

https://uploadgig.com/file/download/7052D16043aF780d/Vigil.S01E02.HDTV.x264-TGX.mkv

Other links to episode 2 -

https://nitro.download/view/175414F26C72F25/Vigil.S01E02.HDTV.x264-TGX.mkv

https://rapidgator.net/file/2ae0fc0acc193609df44b5a7ba28927a/Vigil.S01E02.HDTV.x264-TGX.mkv.html

Edited by Zeb

Well I have enjoyed watching it so far.

Assuming the size of the interior of the nuclear sub is reasonably accurate it is like a 5* hotel compared with the sub in Das Boot. I had no idea they are so large.

I was once a guest for the day on The Kennedy Aircraft carrier and that was enormous.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2021 at 3:52 PM, Jambo said:

Well I have enjoyed watching it so far.

Assuming the size of the interior of the nuclear sub is reasonably accurate it is like a 5* hotel compared with the sub in Das Boot. I had no idea they are so large.

I was once a guest for the day on The Kennedy Aircraft carrier and that was enormous.

Whilst there is considerably more room on the modern boats ( submarines ) they are no way as spacious as portrayed here.

I believe this ( "submarine life under the waves" - available via EZTV  ) was actually filmed in a nuclear attack boat and is far more representative, though the "story-line" is more representative of a Drama as opposed to a Documentary.

It should be understood that my direct involvement with submarines ended in 1981, so my knowledge is somewhat dated.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/16/2021 at 3:25 AM, Proffesor said:

Whilst there is considerably more room on the modern boats ( submarines ) they are no way as spacious as portrayed here.

I believe this ( "submarine life under the waves" - available via EZTV  ) was actually filmed in a nuclear attack boat and is far more representative, though the "story-line" is more representative of a Drama as opposed to a Documentary.

It should be understood that my direct involvement with submarines ended in 1981, so my knowledge is somewhat dated.

Remember it would have been filmed during Covid restrictions, I imagine the studio was probably huge, but a stupendously talented Camera crew managed to make it look smaller , but not quite small enough!

Well it continues to be a very entertaining series as far as I am concerned.

I cannot help smiling that as I sit here entering in my lap top I am sitting less than 15 miles away in a straight line from Russia (and China's?) no doubt number one target for a nuke aimed at the UK being our resident nuclear submarine base.

It is right now quite a political hot chestnut as the SNP would like nothing more than all our subs parked down south although that would put a good few thousand potential INDY 2 voters on the dole so maybe me thinks they do protest but not too loud.

• Like 1

Not watched the Vigil gonna wait until it's all online.

But there's an excellent prog on ITV at the moment: Manhunt:The Night Stalker,it's based on a serial burglar/rapist who targeted elderly folks in SE London from 1992 to 2009.Stars Martin Clunes.

That's right it took 17 years to catch the bastard.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

Just finished the series. As a murder mystery, spy thriller it was good. Found myself using FF through most of the backstory relationship scenes as I found they did nothing to move the story forward and were mostly PC BS. If they had pared the number of episodes down to three or four it would have been a very good series, but at six episodes I'd rate the series 5/10 at best.

• Thumbs Up 1

Slight change of subject, but did anyone watch Ridley Road, the new series which has the 2100 hours spot on BBC1?

Based on UK in the Swinging sixties London as you've never seen it. A young Jewish woman is drawn into a world of deceit and lies in a high stakes fight against the far right. Based on a true story.  First four episodes are on BBC iPlayer.

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, john luke said:

Slight change of subject, but did anyone watch Ridley Road, the new series which has the 2100 hours spot on BBC1?

Based on UK in the Swinging sixties London as you've never seen it. A young Jewish woman is drawn into a world of deceit and lies in a high stakes fight against the far right. Based on a true story.  First four episodes are on BBC iPlayer.

Watched the first episode last night, will continue  with another one a bit later. Thought it seemed a decent watch. 

45 minutes ago, john luke said:

Bloody Antifa  ...

😉 

going to watch it on iPlayer 👍