Fast food - love it or hate it?

Butch

Detest fast food, depressing to see hordes of delivery drivers outside of my locals McDonalds waiting to pick up.

No wonder the UK has the highest levels of obesity in Europe.

Love fish and chips though, don't see a decent haddock/cod and chips as fast food. Good quality fresh fish is delicious, world of difference from the chicken/burger trans fat fests.

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 5

There's a McDonalds opposite the gym I use & almost next door to the gym a Five Guys burger bar has just opened....there's already a Nandos there & another shite food place whose name evades me.

Mind you so long as the big fat birds with their false eyelashes can keep using the gym they'll be ok I suppose.

• Haha 3

KFC has gone down hill. Last few tries has been absolute shit. Besides I get dizzy looking at their menu.

Mcdonalds is what it is. I rarely go in anymore. But to be honest their sausage egg Mcmuffin is one of the most enjoyable treats there is, and quick and easy. I could eat one every day (but I don't).

I will always have a hankering for a Taco from Taco Bell. Loved them ever since I first had one when I was 7 years old. Not sure what it is as there are other better tacos you can find. But, there is just something about them.... Glad to see they opened the one in Patts.

A Whopper from Burger King is also a nice treat once in a while, but no fries.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Detest fast food, depressing to see hordes of delivery drivers outside of my locals McDonalds waiting to pick up.

No wonder the UK has the highest levels of obesity in Europe.

Love fish and chips though, don't see a decent haddock/cod and chips as fast food. Good quality fresh fish is delicious, world of difference from the chicken/burger trans fat fests.

In all honesty most fish and chip shops are shit. You need to be really selective where you buy them, most of them can’t even brown off chips properly 😒

7 hours ago, Glasseye said:

KFC has gone down hill. Last few tries has been absolute shit. Besides I get dizzy looking at their menu.

Mcdonalds is what it is. I rarely go in anymore. But to be honest their sausage egg Mcmuffin is one of the most enjoyable treats there is, and quick and easy. I could eat one every day (but I don't).

I will always have a hankering for a Taco from Taco Bell. Loved them ever since I first had one when I was 7 years old. Not sure what it is as there are other better tacos you can find. But, there is just something about them.... Glad to see they opened the one in Patts.

A Whopper from Burger King is also a nice treat once in a while, but no fries.

McDonald’s breakfasts are arguably the best food they do, as well as the sausage muffins here in the uk they do a really good bacon roll with uk style bacon (ie back bacon)

Taco bell opened here in the Uk a few years ago, never had it before that but I really like the food from there (although their seasoned chips are crap).

8 hours ago, coxyhog said:

There's a McDonalds opposite the gym I use & almost next door to the gym a Five Guys burger bar has just opened....there's already a Nandos there & another shite food place whose name evades me.

Mind you so long as the big fat birds with their false eyelashes can keep using the gym they'll be ok I suppose.

Five guys is quality, expensive but quality.

6 hours ago, SteveBC said:

This place in Central Festival Pattaya does a pretty good burger, and what you get even looks somewhat similar to the pictures on the menu, which is a rarity in the land of fast food !!!

Carls_Jr_Pattaya_15.jpg

Eaten there a few times years ago, and also found it very good. 

8 hours ago, SteveBC said:

This place in Central Festival Pattaya does a pretty good burger, and what you get even looks somewhat similar to the pictures on the menu, which is a rarity in the land of fast food !!!

It's long gone now, but Hippopotamus Grill could give you a real burger if you were in Central Festival.  Good choice of side dishes apart from the usual chips/fries too.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d6580759-Reviews-Hippopotamus_Restaurant_Grill-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Sangsom said:

In all honesty most fish and chip shops are shit. You need to be really selective where you buy them, most of them can’t even brown off chips properly 😒

I'd say many Fish & Chips shops are poor but that makes them no different from curry houses or bars. Finding a good one is pretty straight forward- big queues outside and fat ladies serving!!

They tend to be family owned, and have mastered the art of cooking of a chip😄

Doubt I'd have them more than once a month max, as a treat. Feels good supporting a local business serving decent food.

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Thumbs Up 1