A week in Malta

john luke

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Yes indeed, TFP JL, i look forward to more. I've never been to Malta so will be interesting, does Malta actually have any beaches with sand on ?

https://www.maltauncovered.com/travel-guide/best-beaches/

I have not. seen one around here; there are some.  The above link does show some and where on the Island they are.

• Great Info 1

My Dad and uncles served in Malta between the North Africa campaign and the invasion of Italy.

They often said that they lost their "toothbrushes" in Malta. I have no idea if they lost them at the same time or in the same "place".

Any photos of WW2 would be much appreciated. Maybe I'll spot my Dad...and perhaps the person that stole his toothbrush!

In the the seventies, I used to visit Malta 3 times a year as a family member owned a villa in St Paul's Bay and I had the use of his car. Beautiful island, and fairly unspoiled then. Locals were exceptionally friendly and hospitable.  

Mdina the silent city is a fascinating place to visit and a trip to Gozo is worthwhile

Thanks for the pictures, which brought back some good memories. 

On 9/13/2021 at 6:10 AM, Derek Dangleberries said:

My Dad and uncles served in Malta between the North Africa campaign and the invasion of Italy.

They often said that they lost their "toothbrushes" in Malta. I have no idea if they lost them at the same time or in the same "place".

Any photos of WW2 would be much appreciated. Maybe I'll spot my Dad...and perhaps the person that stole his toothbrush!

Friday should be the day for this.  WW2 trip planned for Friday.

• Thumbs Up 1

0B0A1357-Edit-Edit.jpg

One of the negatives of organised tours is the fact that they often call at jewellery outlets, cut/blown glass outlets and similar.  Some may enjoy but really not for me.  The above is the view from outside the cut glass outlet which we visited.  The cut and blown glass is beautiful, but even so I would not fancy carrying it in check in luggage on a flight.  Moan over.

0B0A1359.jpg

0B0A1361.jpg

0B0A1363.jpg

0B0A1365.jpg

0B0A1366.jpg

0B0A1367.jpg

0B0A1370.jpg

0B0A1380.jpg

0B0A1383.jpg

0B0A1384.jpg

0B0A1386.jpg

0B0A1394.jpg