Special offers in Pattaya and vicinity

CampariO

Stocked up on cheese at BigC Southpattaya today. Buy one get one free for many kinds of cheese in the refrigerated display case.

Which meant a Gruyere for 1295 Bt per kilo was less than 700 Bt (the 2nd pack might be a tad smaller than the first, both taped together).

For the Gruyere the best before date was December.

IMG20210913160709.jpg

Edited by CampariO
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

11 hours ago, CampariO said:

Stocked up on cheese at BigC Southpattaya today. Buy one get one free for many kinds of cheese in the refrigerated display case.

Which meant a Gruyere for 1295 Bt per kilo was less than 700 Bt (the 2nd pack might be a tad smaller than the first, both taped together).

IMG20210913160709.jpg

Best you get yourself over the Siamburi's, they always have a good and often changing selection of cheeses at FAR better prices than that...

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, CampariO said:

IMG20210913160709.jpg

I was tempted on another board to start a similar thread so everyone can share special offers. Thanks for starting this one.

- Friendship has buy one get one free on Tipco red grape juice which makes it 30 baht a litre.

- Expatfoods have recently expired hash browns @ 20 baht a kilo. 5 of them Bunged in the microwave, with garlic and a handful of frozen mixed veggie makes fantastic mashed potato with a knob of butter added!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

As a matter of interest and comparison .How much is their Gruyere?

Depends on what they can acquire and at what price.

I have no connection to them other than as a customer, but the very large cheese fridge in the shop is always well stocked with a good selection of all types of cheese. I'm a strong cheddar man myself.

They are on Facebollocks and update often many times each day as new stock arrives. They are also very good with replying to messages....

https://www.facebook.com/siamburis/

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

I'm a strong cheddar man myself.

Yep. I buy their English Cheddar cheese from https://expatfoodsthailand.com/shop/ but didn't spot any Gruyere which is why I responded to your post.

My question was only for the purposes of bonhomie and information sharing which is what I think the gist of the thread is about.

• Surprised 1

21 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Thought this was gonna be 500 Baht ST back again ...

With the broadness of the thread title, my interpretation is that it can be about anything.

Would you like to share any special prices for any special services?

Do you have a go to place for enemas and anal cavity probe? Just asking on behalf of a friend because he is a little tied up at the moment!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 9/13/2021 at 9:06 AM, CampariO said:

IMG20210913160709.jpg

That is how I buy my cheese when in Chiang Mai. I wait for the doubled up deals that you see from time to time. Usually at a place called Rimping Market.

There was a Youtube vid out a while back from one of the Pattaya Vloggers who did a piece on where he bought his glasses. The deal he got was very good and he seemed very happy with them. I think the place was located on Soi Honey, but I can't be certain. I will try to find the vid.

On 9/14/2021 at 12:02 PM, Derek Dangleberries said:

As a matter of interest and comparison .How much is their Gruyere?

Never seen Gruyere at Siamburies. Went there today and bought some Grana Padano at 650 Bt/kg.

They have some Swiss cheese at 350 Bt/kg which I bought last time but haven't tried it yet. Much lighter color than Gruyere for sure.

11 minutes ago, CampariO said:

Never seen Gruyere at Siamburies. Went there today and bought some Grana Padano at 650 Bt/kg.

They have some Swiss cheese at 350 Bt/kg which I bought last time but haven't tried it yet. Much lighter color than Gruyere for sure.

I don't use the shop much nowadays but prefer their delivery service as mentioned previously. A few times I made the effort and came back empty handed.

I've got my eye on their Arla cream cheese (179/kg) . Have you tried it ??

https://expatfoodsthailand.com/shop/chilled-products/cheese-dairy-products/arla-cream-cheese-1kg-approx-weight/

Edited by Derek Dangleberries

Just saw this offer for Chiangmai/-rai coffee in BahtSold, 480-620 Bt/kg:

https://www.bahtsold.com/view/freshly-roasted-alpine-coffee-from-chiangmai--408547

Haven't tried it yet, I am drinking currently Doi Chang coffee which I buy online for 460 Bt/kg, which is not that good compared to a coffee from one of those nuclear power plants in a proper coffee shop, but I have just a cheap one (Krupps Quattro Force, earlier a Spidem Trevi Chiara/Saeco Klone), and all beans I have tried gave the hot water hardly any flavor, despite triying different settings.

So, I am always keen to try a different brand. Open to any suggestions.

IMG20210919191603.jpg

Edited by CampariO
typing error of price for Doi Chang

1 hour ago, CampariO said:

Mr. Camp ( that don't sound too good,  5555 )

I'm a coffee addict and also have a bean-to-cup machine. I've tried numerous brands of beans, some quite silly money, but since i tried this one in the attached link i'm more than happy. A small company called Bluekoff, 135bt for a 250grm pack, buy four packs or more it's free delivery. my fave is the blue colour pack 'A5'.

I normally order 6 bags, or rather the Mrs. does for me, and whoever it is at Bluekoff roasts the beans to order and despatches them the very next day.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/bluekoff-a5-100-a-dark-roast-250-i907082778-s1835268328.html?dsource=share&laz_share_info=240155105_2_100_8000895_230009466_null&laz_token=e962774100940f3496a35640db8b176f&exlaz=e_iqeJxmuQOjPGip8qo24MCSTeQCjDld4siVQ4kY1ODqrCXvTKdNAtBb55%2BgIiSkmNnXkPoNuoMIIpR8IEI%2FLi1U0sC6tUOx2TD3WnASIas1Y%3D&sub_aff_id=social_share&sub_id2=240155105&sub_id3=8000895&sub_id6=CPI_EXLAZ

Edited by SteveBC
  • Great Info 1

On 9/19/2021 at 8:23 AM, CampariO said:

Just saw this offer for Chiangmai/-rai coffee in BahtSold, 480-620 Bt/kg:

https://www.bahtsold.com/view/freshly-roasted-alpine-coffee-from-chiangmai--408547

Haven't tried it yet, I am drinking currently Doi Chang coffee which I buy online for 460 Bt/kg, which is not that good compared to a coffee from one of those nuclear power plants in a proper coffee shop, but I have just a cheap one (Krupps Quattro Force, earlier a Spidem Trevi Chiara/Saeco Klone), and all beans I have tried gave the hot water hardly any flavor, despite triying different settings.

IMG20210919191603.jpg

I drink 2-3 cups of tea in the morning, roughly about 1.5 cents per cup. Occasionally I will have a cup in the afternoon, usually cheap instant (not very good quality, but it gets the job done). Every now and then I will have a cup of the good stuff when I am out in the afternoon.  Makes me piss like a racehorse. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Already expired since a couple of days but still good. As it it sweetened already, might not be good for cooking, but if you like your ice cream or cake with a dollop of whipping cream, this is a good deal.

25 Baht only for 1 liter of Sure Whip at Siamburies.

IMG20211201185605.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, CampariO said:

Already expired since a couple of days but still good. As it it sweetened already, might not be good for cooking, but if you like your ice cream or cake with a dollop of whipping cream, this is a good deal.

25 Baht only for 1 liter of Sure Whip at Siamburies.

IMG20211201185605.jpg

Thanks, I've added a litre to my delivery order for next week. Do you think it will still be ok?

I like the small apple pies from Fever but they need a little extra whooomph. This should fit the bill.