Covid Vaccine - The Definitive Poll.

john luke

Covid 19 Vaccinations  

52 members have voted

1. 1. At the present time, have you had one or two Covid Vaccinations?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If and when offerred will you have a booster Covid 19 Vaccination?

• No
    • Yes

I think it's fair to say a large majority of the forum membership fall into the sensible demographic of understanding that the vaccine is a good idea and don't believe the expert opinions peddled by people on Facebook.

John, another option you could add is:

Would you encourage and allow your children to have it?.

My answer would also be "yes" - justified by the success of the vaccine so far and reassured by the very small number of issues caused to an unfortunate minority.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

Surely the answers to have you had one or two should be one & two not yes & no?

That confused me at first, but I took it to read "at the present time, have you received any covid vaccine?"

In some ways it's a pity it can't be a compulsory, non anonymous poll, with built in lie detector.... just to weed out anyone who might be shouting one thing but practicing another..... not, of course, that there will be anyone like that on here!

Edited by Painter
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On the 2nd October I may well have to prove I have had both vaccinations to take up my season ticket seat at Hearts.

It looks like wee Nicola has seen some common sense and is not going to require every punter going through the turnstiles to hold up the queue just a representative sample from the 18K likely crowd.

The vast majority of the over 25's in Scotland have been fully vaccinated.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

On the 2nd October I may well have to prove I have had both vaccinations to take up my season ticket seat at Hearts.

It looks like wee Nicola has seen some common sense and is not going to require every punter going through the turnstiles to hold up the queue just a representative sample from the 18K likely crowd.

The vast majority of the over 25's in Scotland have been fully vaccinated.

Some great fake QR Code apps out there .... I don't need one anymore but early days of Covid ahem ..... my mate said they were quite useful ......!!!

Has anyone ever actually had their QR code actually scanned anywhere ???

Heard they do it in Ireland yesterday but never ever happened to me in UK or Portugal recently.

11 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Some great fake QR Code apps out there .... I don't need one anymore but early days of Covid ahem ..... my mate said they were quite useful ......!!!

Has anyone ever actually had their QR code actually scanned anywhere ???

Heard they do it in Ireland yesterday but never ever happened to me in UK or Portugal recently.

The Domestic use QR code is only one code whereas the Travel use details shows 2 QR codes (one each for the individual vaccinations - 1 and 2).  If traveling make sure you scan or show the latest QR code (2nd vaccination) as the first one will show an error.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just had a quick look at the results of the poll survey so far and it appears that out of the 29 members who have taken part so far have had one or more Covid vaccinations and would consider having a Covid Booster. 

29 responses being 100% of the Poll so far. 

I suspect that one or two may have abstained 😊😊 and therefore have not yet seen the results

I can assure everyone that the Poll was not rigged and that the Forum software was not hacked by the Chinese😄

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I can assure everyone that the Poll was not rigged and that the Forum software was not hacked by the Chinese😄

The first jab was to insert a microchip that controls our thoughtszzzz xzphwrtzzzz#####@@@@ - Beware incoming attackkkkkkkrrrassszzzzttt###bpforrrrrzzzzzz - Must kill Thatcherzzzzzzzzbrrrup.

I think I had an old version fitted.. 

• Haha 7

13 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

The first jab was to insert a microchip that controls our thoughtszzzz xzphwrtzzzz#####@@@@ - Beware incoming attackkkkkkkrrrassszzzzttt###bpforrrrrzzzzzz - Must kill Thatcherzzzzzzzzbrrrup.

I think I had an old version fitted.. 

I demand a recount 😁😁

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Horizondave said:

The Domestic use QR code is only one code whereas the Travel use details shows 2 QR codes (one each for the individual vaccinations - 1 and 2).  If traveling make sure you scan or show the latest QR code (2nd vaccination) as the first one will show an error.

Thanks for that, I just downloaded mine for travel tonight and see there are two separate barcodes for each vaccine. I do have a paper copy from the Government but the barcode won't scan for some reason.

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, boydeste said:

Thanks for that, I just downloaded mine for travel tonight and see there are two separate barcodes for each vaccine. I do have a paper copy from the Government but the barcode won't scan for some reason.

If or when you get a Booster, that should be automatically added to your NHS records and show up on the App in a few days. The QRs may alter slightly but you would never know just by looking. 

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, boydeste said:

The paper copy is valid without a QR code, the digital one shows a QR code for each vaccine (Travel use) and only the 2nd (latest) one needs to be scanned.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 2

I've got a few EU apps on my phone that scan these barcodes.  Here's some bits and pieces I've learned over the last few weeks:

Our ones are a different set up to the Thai system where the QR Code contains a URL that opens a webpage on the Thai MOPH website showing your status.

I forget some of the technical terms, but EU apps read the code and refer back to the app host country's database of vax data where they validate (or not) the code read.  If anyone wants to try them out (to prepare for visits to Europe) the apps I've used are VerificaC19 (Italy), TousAntiCovid Verif (France), SpTH (Spain) and Covid Tracker Ireland (guess).

Some countries have not loaded the UK data onto their systems (Brexit haters!), so UK codes will show as invalid when scanned so these apps let you check in advance and prepare accordingly.  For me (NHS Scotland data) the Spanish and Irish ones are good.

If you've downloaded your certificate and are failing to read it from your computer screen, zoom in on it to enable reading.

If you're planning to use your QR Code for travel, take a copy and edit the file so it only has the second code on it as some automatic systems get confused if there's two on the same page.  Keep the original too as someone somewhere will probably want it.

If you've downloaded an electronic copy and it's too big to upload to a checking system, do a "print to pdf" as the resulting pdf will have the same data but be considerably smaller than the original.

• Great Info 2

4 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

If or when you get a Booster, that should be automatically added to your NHS records and show up on the App in a few days.

I don't use the NHS app but I've been told it'll show up as a third pane in the app, but you should show the second pane when asked for proof.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, boydeste said:

I applied for a paper copy about three weeks ago which arrived very quickly, no longer than a few days. About 10 days later a further printed copy arrived with an instruction to throw the previous version away as it had been updated.

I simply scanned the new version into my phone.

• Great Info 2

On 9/25/2021 at 10:03 AM, Jambo said:

I applied for a paper copy about three weeks ago which arrived very quickly, no longer than a few days. About 10 days later a further printed copy arrived with an instruction to throw the previous version away as it had been updated.

I simply scanned the new version into my phone.

I have had mine a while now, maybe I will apply for another one.

Think Q2 could do with a not sure option.

A friend of mine is double jabbed and got COVID subsequently, albeit as minor thing. He's not going to get a booster. In his situation I'd be the same.

Given the level of antibodies in the UK running at well over 90% + in the UK, I'm not entirely convinced about the booster(except for the vulnerable) but will probably take it.

I'd rather export the jabs to those in need and suspend the Premier League till they take time out from taking a knee to showing a proper example and get vaccinated (some teams are below 50% jabbed)

Edited by Lemondropkid

• 2 months later...