Year in review, September editon.

Butch

How about a break with tradition?. We had the Equinox a couple of days ago in the UK heralding the start of Autumn, already the night time temp has dropped from 14c to 9c but the daytime weather is still sunny and clear where we are.

This time last year it was hard to imagine we would be still facing travel restrictions and the spectre of Covid hanging over the globe, still.

We have seen the efforts of so many decent people in Pattaya providing food and drink for the needy. We've seen some incredible acts of kindness along with some sights we'd have thought we would never see and still it continues.

The last year , for me, seems to have passed by fairly quickly. Each weekend is spent catching up on the news in the Philippines and Thailand, checking if there are any developments regarding travel or indeed anything newsworthy.

The UK has moved forward with the vaccination program and it's reaping the benefits now. We've been in and out of lockdowns, had Xmas restrictions removed only to face another lockdown, we have seen political movements, wokeism, "the climate emergency" and migrant crossings, arguments about Brexit, shortages in the supply chain, Prince Andrew being found out over getting sticky fingers and Prince Harry turning into the Royal cuckold. We've seen failures in Policing, government scandals and biased reporting. The arguments over Trump continue, anti vaxxers keep telling us we've drunk the Govt kool aid and China flexing it's muscles.

In a world dominated by Covid, both in the media and social media, discussions, our behaviour and our plans, are we any further forward?. The concensus is now to deal with it and live with covid, not try and eradicate it (Note, someone tell the Australian and NZ PM's that by email). We can now travel to many places, deaths are decreasing and advances within the vaccine development itself are advancing exponentially. Yes, we are moving forward and we are gaining ground (touch wood).

The next challenge is the world post covid. We're seeing inflation in the UK increasing, uncertainty over food supplies and a lack of skilled labour, along with the govt trying to balance the need for Air travel versus the climate bollocks that goes along with it.

For me, it seems my life has been placed on "hold" for 2 years, even wasted perhaps. Like being in prison but with better food and I can actually have consensual sex with my cellmate, but not able to escape the UK. I'm still healthy though, and for that, I am eternally grateful.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Butch said:

How about a break with tradition?. We had the Equinox a couple of days ago in the UK heralding the start of Autumn, already the night time temp has dropped from 14c to 9c but the daytime weather is still sunny and clear where we are.

This time last year it was hard to imagine we would be still facing travel restrictions and the spectre of Covid hanging over the globe, still.

We have seen the efforts of so many decent people in Pattaya providing food and drink for the needy. We've seen some incredible acts of kindness along with some sights we'd have thought we would never see and still it continues.

The last year , for me, seems to have passed by fairly quickly. Each weekend is spent catching up on the news in the Philippines and Thailand, checking if there are any developments regarding travel or indeed anything newsworthy.

The UK has moved forward with the vaccination program and it's reaping the benefits now. We've been in and out of lockdowns, had Xmas restrictions removed only to face another lockdown, we have seen political movements, wokeism, "the climate emergency" and migrant crossings, arguments about Brexit, shortages in the supply chain, Prince Andrew being found out over getting sticky fingers and Prince Harry turning into the Royal cuckold. We've seen failures in Policing, government scandals and biased reporting. The arguments over Trump continue, anti vaxxers keep telling us we've drunk the Govt kool aid and China flexing it's muscles.

In a world dominated by Covid, both in the media and social media, discussions, our behaviour and our plans, are we any further forward?. The concensus is now to deal with it and live with covid, not try and eradicate it (Note, someone tell the Australian and NZ PM's that by email). We can now travel to many places, deaths are decreasing and advances within the vaccine development itself are advancing exponentially. Yes, we are moving forward and we are gaining ground (touch wood).

The next challenge is the world post covid. We're seeing inflation in the UK increasing, uncertainty over food supplies and a lack of skilled labour, along with the govt trying to balance the need for Air travel versus the climate bollocks that goes along with it.

For me, it seems my life has been placed on "hold" for 2 years, even wasted perhaps. Like being in prison but with better food and I can actually have consensual sex with my cellmate, but not able to escape the UK. I'm still healthy though, and for that, I am eternally grateful.

I am beginning to feel quite optimistic about life again. 

Can't remember such a shitty period of history in my life for the last few years, what with Covid and Cancer. 

Things can't get any worse. Or can they? 

Met up with some friends last night, and had a hilarious evening of banter. Best night I have had in months. I forgot about all the ills of the world for a few hours. 

It was always inevitable that there would be repercussions from the Covid pandemic and no doubt we will all end paying for it, and the next generations which follow. 

Britain managed to recover from WW2 and the death, destruction and hardship that befell our Nation

At least our homes are still intact, and our infrastructure. 

So many shops and businesses gone to the dogs, and as you point out, we are going into recession. 

I have taken up wearing women's clothing as a hobby and I find it helps 😄

Just kidding about the last bit 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I am beginning to feel quite optimistic about life again. 

Can't remember such a shitty period of history in my life for the last few years, what with Covid and Cancer. 

Things can't get any worse. Or can they? 

Well that just about sums up my feelings and situation as well and you have my best wishes for the future.

The move I made "Up Country" was a disaster in several respects made infinitely worse by the restrictions imposed through Covid. Living the absolute dream for 14 years to suffering the nightmare for much of the last 18 months.

I was missing seeing my family back in the UK as well and I know they were missing me so when the opportunity arose to fly back to the UK I immediately booked a flight. I was very fortunate as the window only lasted for 3 months when the UK closed the door again by adding Thailand to the red list.

My trip back is likely to be extended as I too have medical issues and I did not want to rely or trust being treated in Thailand. Or more particularly, if my medical problems suddenly get worse I simply did not want to take the chance of being seriously ill in Thailand.

I am enjoying being back in the UK and if I am honest, except for those I left behind, I am not missing Thailand.

I never ever thought that time would come as the good times were so good.

• Like 3