Flight prices Feb 2022 from the 3 direct services

Butch

Just as something to kill some time, I've searched prices for the following dates in Feb 2022 with the 3 direct services, however please note that the THAI service is now showing as Via phuket.

All are Economy fares, but not the basic economy, they are one step up from the cheapest so allow baggage etc.:

image.png

image.png

EVA Air:

image.png

THAI Airways

image.png

Not coming in cheap, BA being the most competetive. These are direct with the Airlines.

Edited by Butch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

EVA is a bit of a shocker, you're right. I've found that their prices seem to adjust a bit but are always higher or in line with THAI, on this occasion being £150 or so more.

Hopefully over time and as demand increases we'll see them getting a bit cheaper.

4 minutes ago, Butch said:

EVA is a bit of a shocker, you're right. I've found that their prices seem to adjust a bit but are always higher or in line with THAI, on this occasion being £150 or so more.

Hopefully over time and as demand increases we'll see them getting a bit cheaper.

You have prompted me to check out express coaches. There is only one a day leaving T3 around 18:30 so I'm quite limited....Albeit a dream anyway !!!!

Edited by Derek Dangleberries

6 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

You have prompted me to check out express coaches. There is only one a day leaving T3 around 18:30 so I'm quite limited....Albeit a dream anyway !!!!

Bit of a faff I know, but could you land and book at night at the Premier Inn on the Great West Road or the other one on Bath Rd and catch a bus / train the following morning?. An Uber from LHR to the hotel won't be a lot either.

1 minute ago, Butch said:

Bit of a faff I know, but could you land and book at night at the Premier Inn on the Great West Road or the other one on Bath Rd and catch a bus / train the following morning?. An Uber from LHR to the hotel won't be a lot either.

Yep, In the good old days that is exactly what I would have done ... maybe a taxi all the way home...but have you seen hotel prices lately? Bloody ridiculous mate! 

31 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yep, In the good old days that is exactly what I would have done ... maybe a taxi all the way home...but have you seen hotel prices lately? Bloody ridiculous mate! 

I recently stayed at the Premier Inn on the Colnbrook Bypass (near former Peggy Bedford site), I stayed 2 nights on separate occasions over the last 5 weeks. I stayed there as I was flying out of Terminal 5 to Rhodes and then to Prague. I paid £39 on both occasions but could have got the rate to £35 if I was willing to book the non refundable price.

I also stayed at the Premier Inn Terminals 1/2/3 on the Bath road Heathrow in June and again only paid £35.

Now the price of the food and drink in those hotels is rather silly.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 2

On 9/23/2021 at 7:14 PM, Derek Dangleberries said:

Mate I'll give you my contact details and if ever, I can pre book you a decent rate this end. As Dave says, the food is costly but you only need the "just eat" app and order it in from the local takeaway.

On 9/23/2021 at 7:51 PM, Horizondave said:

I recently stayed at the Premier Inn on the Colnbrook Bypass (near former Peggy Bedford site), I stayed 2 nights on separate occasions over the last 5 weeks. I stayed there as I was flying out of Terminal 5 to Rhodes and then to Prague. I paid £39 on both occasions but could have got the rate to £35 if I was willing to book the non refundable price.

I also stayed at the Premier Inn Terminals 1/2/3 on the Bath road Heathrow in June and again only paid £35.

Now the price of the food and drink in those hotels is rather silly.

Also a very nice Italian restaurant in Colnbrook called La Bettola, nice simple food. https://newbettola.co.uk/

Edited by AJSP
  • Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, AJSP said:

Also a very nice Italian restaurant in Colnbrook called La Bettola, nice simple food. https://newbettola.co.uk/

That looks like it is opposite my local when I lived in Colnbrook. That was the Punchbowl which has a rather poor Thai restaurant inside.

The hotel opposite the pub was built when I lived there back in the 90s, looks like the hotel is close to the Italian.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...