Road trip to Kanchanaburi, Krabi and Phuket

CampariO

Got some spare time to post some pics from my roadtrip in March/April 2021.
The trip took 17 days: first a couple of nights in Kanchanaburi, going up to the Pilok Village and Mon Bridge, then to Krabi, Koh Phi Phi, Koh Lanta, Phuket, James Bond Insel, Khao Lak with stops in Prachuap and Hua Hin.

I will post in this forum section the Kanchanaburi part, the rest in the southern forum section.

Took around 1000 pics, don't worry, will post a selection only.

Let's get it on.

Before reaching Kanchanburi City, there were a few temples on the way. First stop at Wat tham sua (Tiger cave tempel) and Wat Tham Khao Noi which are close to each other.

Unfortunately the cable car was out of order. Stairs it was.

IMG_5871b.jpg

IMG_5873.JPG

IMG_5875.JPG

IMG_5878.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

When Mrs. CO encountered the bats, she declared to have seen enouigh, wanting to return. I was allowed to further explore the cave on my own. Which I did, of course. 

IMG_5989.JPG

IMG_5979.JPG

IMG_5980.JPG

IMG_5981.JPG

IMG_5983.JPG

IMG_5984.JPG

IMG_5986.JPG

IMG_5987.JPG

IMG_5988.JPG

At that time we didn't know that there was a second exit. The cave exploration took some time and Mrs. CO became worried, as I was not yet back. So she enterd the cave again to look for me, while I left the cave on the other end to go back to the entrance where - of course - I couldn't see Mrs. CO.

It took some time but finally we met eachother again. Of course it was all my fault and for the next hours I was listening to all possible scenarios what could have happed to me, such as being lost in the cave, having had an heart attack, kidnapped by ghosts, mugged by bad people.....

She must really love me.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I know you want to see them, so here is another temple. A bit older than the others.

First we went to the Ban Kao National Museum which unfortunately was closed becasue of Covid.
Next stop was Wat Prasat Muan Sing.

Quite large terrain, good to be allowed to enter with the car. Though not much to see.

IMG_6040.JPG

IMG_6040b.jpg

IMG_6040c.jpg

IMG_6040d.jpg

IMG_6040e.jpg

IMG_6042.JPG

IMG_6044.JPG

IMG_6045.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wat Pa Luang ta Maha Bua was famous for all those tigers living there. We didn`t know that it was now closed - no more tigers. There had been some shady deals going on - tigers being secretly sold during nighttime and so on...

Nowadays there are a couple of wild pigs, goats and dears which looked quite pitiful. They are being fed but I don't think anybody is taking proper care. Sad to see.

IMG_6097b.jpg

IMG_6097d.jpg

IMG_6097e.jpg

IMG_6097f.jpg

IMG_6097g.jpg

IMG_6097h.jpg

IMG_6097i.jpg

• Like 1