Who do you fancy for the next James Bond?

Aqualung

16 hours ago, Aqualung said:

He played a good part in " Inglorious Basterds". Loved the accent he used. 

Handsome bastard aswell. 

It has to be a British male playing. Ian Fleming's iconic MI5 agent otherwise you might end up with somebody like that totally miscast "Jack Reacher" character.

My daughter has booked us all VIP seats for next Saturday as my birthday treat. :default_biggrin:

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Jambo said:

It has to be a British male playing. Ian Fleming's iconic MI5 agent otherwise you might end up with somebody like that totally miscast "Jack Reacher" character.

My daughter has booked us all VIP seats for next Saturday as my birthday treat. :default_biggrin:

You are right Jambo. I didn't realise that Fassbender was a German citizen but brought up in Ireland. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Roger_Miller said:

Anybody, as long as it's a British male. Otherwise, it just ain't James Bond. 

James Bond has already been played by an Australian and an Irish actor, so he doesn't necessarily have to be British, just not American.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Freee!! said:

James Bond has already been played by an Australian and an Irish actor, so he doesn't necessarily have to be British, just not American.

I was kinda referring more along the lines of the character, not the actual actor portraying it. I'm throwing out between the lines stuff.

8 hours ago, Roger_Miller said:

I was kinda referring more along the lines of the character, not the actual actor portraying it. I'm throwing out between the lines stuff.

Yes a good strong male character with a good command of  spoken English would be ideal, doesn't need to be an English national.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2021 at 9:25 AM, Jambo said:

Just thought I would mention that we all loved the film and a fine climax to Daniel Craig's tenure as Mr Bond.

The sound system in the cinema was awesome.

I gave my grandson £5 to buy himself some popcorn only to discover that wasn't enough!

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jambo said:

Just thought I would mention that we all loved the film and a fine climax to Daniel Craig's tenure as Mr Bond.

The sound system in the cinema was awesome.

I gave my grandson £5 to buy himself some popcorn only to discover that wasn't enough!

How much for popcorn now? 

On 10/1/2021 at 6:07 PM, KWA said:

yesitisdakid

I'm sure Larry would make a great bad guy...I can just see him now on that classic black arm chair spinning around with that green haired hat on stroking a kitten. Actually I think this could work....the floor would open up and Bond would be taken by a group of LB's....ok this is even messed up in my head for thinking this...

• 3 weeks later...

I watched the latest one last week at the showcase cinema in my nearest city. Not been there for years, I was quite impressed with the large leather seats which electrically reclined.

Enjoyed the film and will definately go again sooner rather than later.

As for the next James Bond, I have no idea!

• Like 1