BA / Qatar Bringing A380's back into service

Butch

Initially with BA on short haul routes to Frankfurt and Madrid, then possibly going on to the Long Haul US Routes.

Interesting report from Simply flying explaining it, although the title says "rumours" many other sites are reporting this as factual.

https://simpleflying.com/british-airways-rumored-to-fly-the-a380-to-frankfurt-madrid/

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news/qatar-brings-a380-fleet-out-of-retirement

It's great news that BA and also Qatar have predicted that there will be increased demand. and I'll be chuffed as nuts to see these behemoths return to the skies. It also hopefully means that jobs in the Industry will be more secure and people can begin to enjoy holidaying again.

Edited by Butch
  • Like 3

I understand Qatar decision to bring back half their A380 fleet is only to cover for the problems they have with

Airbus A350 fleet. Qatar Civil Aviation have instructed Qatar Airlines to ground 16 A350 aircraft owing to composite cracks.

• Surprised 1

Have flown on one only once, back in 2013. Flying from Paris back to Dubai on Qatar Airways. The trip was Paris De-Gaulle to Doha, and then on to Dubai after layover. I guess they had to get the big bird back to Dubai and used it for just that short hop. There was less than 100 on board and we had pick of our seats in economy. I sat all the way in the back so I could see the whole plane. It was brand new.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 10:30 PM, BrownManc said:

Emirates operating 2 x A380 MAN-DXB end of this month

Already running I think.  EK17/18 changed on 1st September and EK19/20 reported as re-starting on 1st October also with an A380.  Third service (777) reportedly running on a few dates later this month but no sign of the lounge re-opening AFAIK?

• Like 1