Length of allowable stay

Sea-Hawks

A.   I am allowed 30 days + a renewal stay of 30 extra days?

Could I renew again for a second time for a total of 90 days?

B.  What is the maximum number of days i can be in Thailand over a 6 month period?

…does that period reset if i were to fly outta tge country for a few days prior to returning?

1 minute ago, boydeste said:

A. You can only extend the once, but things may be diffent in current times.

B. You can stay as long as you like as long as you obtain the relevant visa mate.

B.  Well, I can’t get a retirement or marriage visa.  I’m currently not on a work visa….any other options available???

5 minutes ago, Sea-Hawks said:

B.  Well, I can’t get a retirement or marriage visa.  I’m currently not on a work visa….any other options available???

A normal tourist visa is 60 days which can be extended to 90 for 1900b.

My last one was a non imm O which gave me 90 days but that may be age related too!

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Sea-Hawks said:

Education visa , to learn Thai language, Thai cooking , massage or Muay Thai .. up to 12 months 

• Thumbs Up 1

This company , Thai Visa Centre , was mentioned in a recent vlog I watched , I'm sure there are many similar companies that offer the same services, worth sending a message to see what they suggest, costs , and how much they charge for their assistance 

another one , Tik Tok Services , helped me when I wanted to open a Bank account ( I was only on a 30 day tourist visa and was rejected by three Banks I approached on my own .. ) they also provide assistance with Visas

2A6F21EE-33F3-484D-89C3-5AB94B2A562A.jpeg

6926C394-BD6A-4EAE-85B8-697CF4E61183.jpeg

• Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Sea-Hawks said:

…so is there no limit to the # of days in ‘Total’ you can be in Thailand over a 6/12 month period ….could i just fly out to Cambodia/Vietnam/Lao every few months to reset my days in Thailand???

I guess that depends on the Covid situation at the time and the restrictions in those places , at least with Education, you don't need to leave Thailand ... the vlogger I was watching was on a STV , he was concerned that it won't be renewed in Nov and his only option maybe to return home and then start the visa process again 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sea-Hawks said:

If you have money burning a hole in your pocket you could go the Thai Elite Visa route.

https://www.thailandelite.com/

Edited by forcebwithu
changed link to the official site
  • Haha 2

There are also currently 60 day Covid extensions after you've used your 30 day regular extension.  These will continue to be available until November some time I think, but this date could be extended again as it has been numerous times already.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CampariO said:

Read somewhere about a proposal for a 9 month tourist visa (3 month, then can extend twice by 3 month each time). No idea when this will become real.

Add two Covid extensions at the end and you are over a year.

• Like 1

You are going to get several different opinions on this sort of matter seeking information in a forum. I am sure most well intentioned.

I would recommend contacting Ben Hart (an American attorney in Bangkok, U.S. and Thai citizen - 14 years experience).

I consider him to be the best resource for the most up to date and accurate information regarding obtaining proper guidance in how to proceed and what to expect.

Things are changing constantly and IMO working with Ben will offer the best information out there, and will be well worth the small amount of dosh for "peace of mind". 

Best of luck to you !

https://legal.co.th/contact-us/

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2

54 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Thats funny you have to show that you have prepaid for your hotels and need 2 different insurance policys I am thinking there will not be a line to get this 

…i am assuming that they’ll be lifting the quarantine on Nov 1st….am i being too optimistic???, lol.  

7 hours ago, Sea-Hawks said:

i am assuming that they’ll be lifting the quarantine on Nov 1st….am i being too optimistic???, lol.  

would bet not and if in fact they do there will still be requirements to enter Thailand. The days of buying a ticket and just arriving here are in my opinion are over.........................I so hope i am wrong

Edited by Yesitisdakid
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, Sea-Hawks said:

…i am assuming that they’ll be lifting the quarantine on Nov 1st….am i being too optimistic???, lol.  

I will be surprised if that happens and if it does there will still be hoops to jump through that make a headache seem preferable. 

It's only a few weeks away, so sit on your hands mate and see what happens. 

• Thumbs Up 2