Forum Upgrade - can we keep everything in this one thread please.

Whitespider

9 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Prior to the upgrade you could hover over a name and it would tell you what thread they were viewing but that has been replaced by the aforementioned badges. I am ambivalent towards the use of badges but the "hover" function was good.

Badges I am turning off - just waiting on the support guys to confirm I wont fuck other things up.

Yeah the hover thing is annoying

In their wisdom they have moved this to the Members Profile so you have to actually click their name or avatar to see it. Thats one I cant do anything about unfortunately.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Prior to the upgrade you could hover over a name and it would tell you what thread they were viewing but that has been replaced by the aforementioned badges. I am ambivalent towards the use of badges but the "hover" function was good.

Rumour has it that you are to be awarded a special "sheriff's badge" 😁😁

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Krapow said:

Yea, not sure what the glitch was when quoting earlier, just kept saying saving. 

Forum actually seems faster now.

Theres a good chance you were trying while the re-indexing was running as that can much things up a bit but its completed now so shouldnt be a problem again.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Wasn't able to post all there, quoting or otherwise. Had to log off and on again.

Happening while posting on laptop or phone. Just keeps saying saving 

You seem to be posting ok in other threads. Are you still having problems or ok now? 

Just now, Krapow said:

Did, so not sure. 

Seems okay now, though was similar to what happened yesterday  

Ok try keep me informed but there’s no issues currently, and no one else having the problem, so seems to be local to you. Are you with True by any chance? They’ve had all sorts of dns issues the last few days.

1 minute ago, Whitespider said:

Ok try keep me informed but there’s no issues currently, and no one else having the problem, so seems to be local to you. Are you with True by any chance? They’ve had all sorts of dns issues the last few days.

I wish lol, I'm in London. 

Yesterday was from my laptop, today my phone, different providers, so seems to be my log in. But logging in and out seems to have resolved it today, cheers. 

Just now, Krapow said:

I wish lol, I'm in London. 

Yesterday was from my laptop, today my phone, different providers, so seems to be my log in. But logging in and out seems to have resolved it today, cheers. 

Hope so bud, keep me informed. It’s hard to know causes when we can’t replicate but the more info the better.

20 hours ago, Whitespider said:

Hope so bud, keep me informed. It’s hard to know causes when we can’t replicate but the more info the better.

Logged on this morning, couldn't post, was just saying saving. Then clicked on the load more content bottom of the page when i click view new content, wouldn't load either, just seemed stuck on trying to do it.

Went to the gym, came back, logged on again, still couldn't post or able to 'load more content', i tried as i thought  wouldn't be able. So after abut 6 or 7 attempts to post, it finally worked.

Seems to be getting worse if anything, yesterday i could just log off and on again, it was sorted.

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

Not sure what it is, but same again now, took me about 8 attempts to make a post.

It's a conspiracy i tells ya ..

It’s certainly a “local” issue so not one we can do much about. Make sure your browser cache is clear, I will do a hard clean here too. I doubt it will fix it but can try.

Its almost certainly a DNS/CDN issue. I know not much consolation but these things fix themselves eventually, usually a few days.