That Brexit has a lot answer for....

coxyhog

53 minutes ago, Freee!! said:

Pilots retiring I can understand, but getting other jobs??????????

I was just thinking the same. Even if a Pilot has taken on other work, non aviation related perhaps, during the Pandemic, they are still qualified pilots and could resume their occupation as the industry returns. Perhaps it is something to do with" continuous flying hours" but doubtful, I would think. 

30 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I was just thinking the same. Even if a Pilot has taken on other work, non aviation related perhaps, during the Pandemic, they are still qualified pilots and could resume their occupation as the industry returns. Perhaps it is something to do with" continuous flying hours" but doubtful, I would think. 

Easily restore their currency in the simulator.

Jeez, this is mad. Prior to Covid there was a surplus of pilots apparently, now a shortage?.

I'm fairly sure that in an industry which has such good renumeration, plus the added bonus of shagging cabin crew with impunity won't have a shortage for long.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Whole of Brexit has been a shitshow, combined with Covid, a fucking disaster. And I'm someone who was for it. Better the Devil you know really is the best way sometimes. 

Wow someone finally talking sense . 
brexit didn’t start at all yet . Wait till the economy starts to open fully 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/10/2021 at 7:05 PM, coxyhog said:

Airlines could be grounded by pilot shortage after hundreds retire or change jobs

Ministers fear potential shortfall could hamper return to pre-pandemic flight numbers following devastating 19 months for aviation

Same in the US.

14 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

If people watched the world news instead they may find that a lot of what we are moaning about is relevant elsewhere.

The idea of Brexit was a good one but Covid has just done it a disservice which was unforeseen. Brexit has caused some issues inflated by the pandemic but most politicians (on both sides) agree the present problems are not all about Brexit.

I think most of us believed it would be a short term hardship before it all got rosier, the pandemic though has probably added a year or so to that more positive view.

I still believe we will be in a good place in the future; watching and reacting to early morning TV programs doesn't help though as I believe they are just adding to the temporary hardships we are all facing.

British media are so good at boosting things up and the next minute working hard to knock it all down, balanced input is long gone, boring headlines don't sell. 

I totally agree Mr. Dave....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/10/2021 at 5:28 PM, galenkia said:

Whole of Brexit has been a shitshow, combined with Covid, a fucking disaster. And I'm someone who was for it. Better the Devil you know really is the best way sometimes. 

And that is exactly why I voted to stay in!

2 hours ago, biggles said:

Gslenkia, How does Brexit fit in with a shortage of pilots,? The para in the OP doesnt mention it. 

Not sure if Brexit has affected pilot shortages, but it sure has affected the lower paid job sector, especially retail and hospitality. Round my way shops, bars and restaurants etc are all advertising for staff, with some even opening reduced hours, and signs saying it's due to lack of staff. 

Many were staffed by Europeans, many who went home during Covid and now can't come back. And good luck in getting the furlough lot back to work!!. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

Not sure if Brexit has affected pilot shortages, but it sure has affected the lower paid job sector, especially retail and hospitality. Round my way shops, bars and restaurants etc are all advertising for staff, with some even opening reduced hours, and signs saying it's due to lack of staff. 

Many were staffed by Europeans, many who went home during Covid and now can't come back. And good luck in getting the furlough lot back to work!!. 

New saying for twenty something vegan Markles is ....  I work TWTO ...........?  WTF ??? ..........

Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Only ......... yep furlough and gin and Netflix ...... and my mental health and wellbeing blah di blah .... 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, galenkia said:

It will eventually affect the lower paid sector in a good way. Businesses will be forced to pay more to get staff which means wages will rise. Gone are the days where they can take the piss out of immigrants to keep wages low, pay more to locals to do the job or don’t have a business……

The furlough lot are mostly back to work, the government were holding their breaths for a spike in unemployment this month, it hasn’t happened going by reports so far.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, galenkia said:

Never fear, Boris is hard at work sorting the country's problems out. 

_121059067_dailymirror-nc.png

It always makes me smile when people rant and rage that they don't get enough holidays from work a year, then expect that people doing other jobs are not entitled to one!

• Thumbs Up 4

7 hours ago, galenkia said:

Never fear, Boris is hard at work sorting the country's problems out. 

_121059067_dailymirror-nc.png

Look at the other article on their front page 'I forgive Wayne'....I think that says it all about the Mirror.

As for 'The heart of Britain'😂

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

It always makes me smile when people rant and rage that they don't get enough holidays from work a year, then expect that people doing other jobs are not entitled to one!

No problem with a holiday but look forward to seeing an entry on the Register of Interests, Lord Goldsmith being a friend of Carrie.     Boris could be a bit short of readies after paying the decorators.   :default_biggrin:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2