Back to UK for a quick visit

Smiler

4 hours ago, Smiler said:

Well I have just submitted all the required documents and completed the new Thailand Pass registration system.

Absolutely no problems or glitches, very easy in fact.

Wonder how long it will take for approval or if all the docs I sent are correct? I am flying 18/11.🤞🤞

Nice one. 
I have a quick question, what format can you upload docs in then if not PDF ?

3 minutes ago, AJSP said:

Nice one. 
I have a quick question, what format can you upload docs in then if not PDF ?

Only accepting jpeg at present.

There are limits on the size of file as well so I have been using an image resizer.

Early days yet to be fair and I would expect changes in the future. But there again...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/3/2021 at 8:15 PM, Smiler said:

Only accepting jpeg at present.

There are limits on the size of file as well so I have been using an image resizer.

Early days yet to be fair and I would expect changes in the future. But there again...

There have indeed been some tweaks to the Thailand Pass. Notably the 2mb size limit on attachments has increased and the new limits are clearly displayed in the appropriate sections. Also confirming rumours there is now a warning at the beginning of the process about using a Hotmail addy - don't 🙃.

Got mine through yesterday, going to print it and stick a photo on my phone. 

My first application a week ago wasn't even acknowledged, I used my Hotmail addy. Did it all again Sunday with my Gmail, instant reply to say it had been received and 48 hours later it was approved.

Now l need to book a PCR test within 72 hours of departure on Thursday. Oh yeah and test negative 😇.

Edited by Smiler
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

6 hours ago, Smiler said:

There have indeed been some tweaks to the Thailand Pass. Notably the 2mb size limit on attachments has increased and the new limits are clearly displayed in the appropriate sections. Also confirming rumours there is now a warning at the beginning of the process about using a Hotmail addy - don't 🙃.

Got mine through yesterday, going to print it and stick a photo on my phone. 

My first application a week ago wasn't even acknowledged, I used my Hotmail addy. Did it all again Sunday with my Gmail, instant reply to say it had been received and 48 hours later it was approved.

Now l need to book a PCR test within 72 hours of departure on Thursday. Oh yeah and test negative 😇.

Did you get your visa using your hotmail account, or are you just on a re entry permit?

29 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Did you get your visa using your hotmail account, or are you just on a re entry permit?

I've not heard anything about people struggling to use hotmail accounts on the evisa site... there's nothing on the fakebook sites I read.... the Thailand pass, however....

Obviously,  that doesn't mean there aren't...!

Edited by Painter
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

I am on a re entry mate.

Used my Hotmail addy for the last 2 visas I obtained, also for the previous COE process - no wucking forries 🙃.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Smiler said:

I am on a re entry mate.

Used my Hotmail addy for the last 2 visas I obtained, also for the previous COE process - no wucking forries 🙃.

I used my hotmail for my last visa and COE, but TIT.

Submitted a 60 day TV today. See how it pans out.

• Like 1

A mate of mine is starting the process, I have given him a lot of info from this forum on ways forward, tips etc. I hope his experience is a good one as he really needs a break from the UK over the last 2 years. 

He will be going to Hua Hin and will travel Singapore Airlines. He is triple jabbed and getting a 60 day visa.

• 2 weeks later...

Just about to check out of my 1 night quarantine hotel so a quick update.

I flew KLM via Schiphol from Heathrow, cursory glance at my paperwork at check in, took about 30 seconds. However they really went into detail at Amsterdam. We were late leaving because a couple of travellers didn't pass the checks and their bags had to be unloaded. Sorry I haven't any details.

Swampy was no busier than the  couple of times I have flown in over the last year. All very smooth till you go through customs and then just mayhem as only the Thais can do it.

Utter panic and confusion with people trying to find their respective hotel reps and hotel reps trying to find their guests. I called mine while I was waiting for my bags so I knew where they were. Had to wait about 15 mins for the other 3 people who were staying at my hotel. While I was having a ciggy outside I met up with a Swedish guy who was in the same quarantine hotel as me last year. He flew via Dubai and said he also saw people refused boarding, again sorry no details. 

Got to the hotel and a bit of drama, an old guy who was wearing winter clothing in 34 degrees heat, passed out during the check-in process....

Got my PCR results at 6 this morning and have just been chilling in the room making arrangements for tonight. Got an amazing deal on Agoda for a room that normally costs 4k baht, special price today 995 baht.

I've downloaded the morchana app as according to the nurse who did my PCR the Thailand Pass one doesn't work. Will turn it back on when I get to the hotel in about an hour. Back to the jungle tomorrow afternoon.

Lots of guys over thinking the process of getting to Thailand IMHO. All this "what happens if" is pointless, take care of what you can control rather than worry over what you can't.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

14 minutes ago, Smiler said:

Lots of guys over thinking the process of getting to Thailand IMHO. All this "what happens if" is pointless, take care of what you can control rather than worry over what you can't.

Totally agree for people like us "world travelers"  returning to where we live and perhaps will end our days but for holiday travelers like my sons, damn fucking sure they will incorporate "what ifs" into their plans. Especially when you take 4 paragraphs describing problems.

The most significant "can't control" issue that is worrying my sons is being seated near a person that tests positive. That is a big chunk of time off their holidays but no biggie for you and me.

When I checked out the hotel gave me a rapid antigen test kit and asked me to use it in 6 days time. I am then supposed to take a photo of the results and send it via Line to the hotel.

I haven't heard about this before TBH so I will do a bit of research when I get back to the village to establish if the test is mandatory.

Now for a late afternoon and evening of debauchery 😇.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Smiler said:

When I checked out the hotel gave me a rapid antigen test kit and asked me to use it in 6 days time. I am then supposed to take a photo of the results and send it via Line to the hotel.

I haven't heard about this before TBH so I will do a bit of research when I get back to the village to establish if the test is mandatory.

Now for a late afternoon and evening of debauchery 😇.

Enjoy….😎

4 hours ago, Smiler said:

Just about to check out of my 1 night quarantine hotel so a quick update.

I flew KLM via Schiphol from Heathrow, cursory glance at my paperwork at check in, took about 30 seconds. However they really went into detail at Amsterdam. We were late leaving because a couple of travellers didn't pass the checks and their bags had to be unloaded. Sorry I haven't any details.

Swampy was no busier than the  couple of times I have flown in over the last year. All very smooth till you go through customs and then just mayhem as only the Thais can do it.

Utter panic and confusion with people trying to find their respective hotel reps and hotel reps trying to find their guests. I called mine while I was waiting for my bags so I knew where they were. Had to wait about 15 mins for the other 3 people who were staying at my hotel. While I was having a ciggy outside I met up with a Swedish guy who was in the same quarantine hotel as me last year. He flew via Dubai and said he also saw people refused boarding, again sorry no details. 

Got to the hotel and a bit of drama, an old guy who was wearing winter clothing in 34 degrees heat, passed out during the check-in process....

Got my PCR results at 6 this morning and have just been chilling in the room making arrangements for tonight. Got an amazing deal on Agoda for a room that normally costs 4k baht, special price today 995 baht.

I've downloaded the morchana app as according to the nurse who did my PCR the Thailand Pass one doesn't work. Will turn it back on when I get to the hotel in about an hour. Back to the jungle tomorrow afternoon.

When you pass customs, do you have to go straight to your rep?

It's just for us that don't live there, we usually buy a sim at the dtac stall or whatever, though not sure if they're even there now still?

9 hours ago, Smiler said:

I did notice there was at least one place selling SIMs in the baggage hall before you go through customs.

Great, so they're even moved them into the baggage area before customs.

Imagine getting a positive or contact with maybe not even a good connection or able to call.