Pattaya and other parts of Thailand - Past and Present Visits. (Updated 20th July 2023)

On 12/31/2021 at 12:40 AM, Blue Streak said:

012.JPG

013.JPG

014.JPG

015.JPG

016.JPG

017.JPG

018.JPG

019.JPG

Great band banging it out in Hot Tuna............

021.JPG

Apparently you go in here to get to the I Bar ocean side..........

023.JPG

Remember the New York Diner as I went there once intending to eat in Don Joes and it was no longer there having been replaced by the diner. Think the diner took over the property next to Don Joes to make an entrance into Ibar.

13 hours ago, bob lt said:

Is the extra lane on Beach Road always used for parking?

Yes, has been that way since the beginning of the last lockdown, and I think even before then. With no tour buses clogging up the road, and a reduction in vehicles in Pattaya they don't need the extra lane so might as well use it for parking.

• Thumbs Up 2

Beach Road, Central Festival and a walk through Tree Town and surrounds.  By and large Pattaya overall seemed quiet; as far as the bar scene, Tree Town seems the significant area at the moment.  Even in Tree Town some bars were busy and others were not.  I did not get near enough to ascertain whether any were requiring a lateral flow covid 19 test prior to entry.

0B0A0499.jpg

0B0A0521.jpg

0B0A0524.jpg

0B0A0525.jpg

0B0A0526.jpg

0B0A0527.jpg

0B0A0528.jpg

0B0A0529.jpg

0B0A0530.jpg

0B0A0531.jpg

0B0A0535.jpg

0B0A0536.jpg

0B0A0540.jpg

0B0A0542.jpg

0B0A0543.jpg

0B0A0544.jpg

0B0A0545.jpg

0B0A0546.jpg

0B0A0547.jpg

0B0A0548.jpg

0B0A0549.jpg

0B0A0550.jpg

0B0A0551.jpg

0B0A0552.jpg

0B0A0553.jpg

0B0A0556.jpg

0B0A0558.jpg

0B0A0559.jpg

0B0A0560.jpg

0B0A0561.jpg

0B0A0562.jpg

0B0A0563.jpg

0B0A0564.jpg

0B0A0565.jpg

0B0A0566.jpg

0B0A0567.jpg

0B0A0568.jpg

0B0A0569.jpg

0B0A0570.jpg

0B0A0571.jpg

0B0A0572.jpg

0B0A0573.jpg

0B0A0574.jpg

0B0A0575.jpg

0B0A0576.jpg

0B0A0577.jpg

0B0A0578.jpg

0B0A0579.jpg

0B0A0580.jpg

0B0A0581.jpg

0B0A0582.jpg

0B0A0583.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

^^^ Some good pics of what the nightlife currently looks like.

Noticed last night the Tree Town testing station that had been set up the past few nights in front of the eating area in your picture below was gone. Was kind of surprised by that given the spike in infection numbers we've seen this week. Which maybe is why they removed the testing station. If they don't test then the daily count of new infections will go down. I call that a win, win. :default_biggrin:

Also saw last night Jie Jie bar on Soi Pothole was shuttered. I was told staff caught the virus. I won't be surprised to see a few more of the popular bars close up in the coming days due to staff illness.

0B0A0575.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

On my walk yesterday I noticed that Nicky's was closed due to "staff shortages"

Reopened today. Need to have a "legitimate photo of your ATK result" to get served though. Don't know what qualifies as legitimate.

IMHO, it's good that businesses are trying to protect their staff by making sure the customers they serve aren't sick. Unfortunately if legitimate means a govt test where if you test positive you're immediately thrown into a jail cell hospital bed for 10 days at your expense, they probably won't have many customers for the time being.

It would be far better if the govt would change their stance and allow home isolation, and only require a hospital stay if symptoms warrant that level of care.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Reopened today. Need to have a "legitimate photo of your ATK result" to get served though. Don't know what qualifies as legitimate.

IMHO, it's good that businesses are trying to protect their staff by making sure the customers they serve aren't sick. Unfortunately if legitimate means a govt test where if you test positive you're immediately thrown into a jail cell hospital bed for 10 days at your expense, they probably won't have many customers for the time being.

It would be far better if the govt would change their stance and allow home isolation, and only require a hospital stay if symptoms warrant that level of care.

39 minutes ago, luigi said:

in switzerland 120.000 in isolation with spot checks. we would not have enough hospital beds

Think it might be starting to sink in here, especially with the current rising infection numbers, that throwing everyone who tests positive into a hospital was never a workable plan, nor a good solution.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just reading a Facebook comment from Phil at Le Pub that you need a test within 72 hours to enter his place.

Am I reading that right! So everyone who wants to go to a restaurant, bar etc needs a negative test result within 72 hours of visiting. Seems like a costly exercise or am I missing something.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Just reading a Facebook comment from Phil at Le Pub that you need a test within 72 hours to enter his place.

Am I reading that right! So everyone who wants to go to a restaurant, bar etc needs a negative test result within 72 hours of visiting. Seems like a costly exercise or am I missing something.

That's the latest rules from the pattaya powers-that-be. Some bars restaurants even have supplies of lateral tests available (I think I read 60baht upwards) available for prospective customers to use.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Painter said:

That's the latest rules from the pattaya powers-that-be. Some bars restaurants even have supplies of lateral tests available (I think I read 60baht upwards) available for prospective customers to use.

Cheap at 7/11 as well apparently 

• Thumbs Up 1

Does it not seem obvious that omicron is in the process of spreading like wildfire. Nobody is wearing a mask or applying social distancing once sitting in or outside a bar.

If the UK is anything to go by, and I am sure it is, vaccination is having little or no difference to the spread of omicron.

• Thumbs Up 2

38 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Does it not seem obvious that omicron is in the process of spreading like wildfire. Nobody is wearing a mask or applying social distancing once sitting in or outside a bar.

If the UK is anything to go by, and I am sure it is, vaccination is having little or no difference to the spread of omicron.

I agree totally with you.  (I bet that surprises you.)

When restaurants were allowed to sell intoxicants, unfortunately a lot of bars jumped on the bandwagon and pretended to be restaurants.  This caused more mixing and as you point out a lack of social distancing.  

Additionally when Covid 19 originally reared its head the baht buses restricted numbers on the vehicle to six; this now has gone to the wind.

Mask use generally has not been maintained.  The main offenders being European and American Males; the Thais including  young children are pretty compliant in respect of mask wearing.

Finally the Christmas and New Years Celebrations will have acted as a spreader of the virus.

The redeeming fact is a lot of the bars are outside and there is good ventilation in the back of a baht bus.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Always carry one with you in a plastic bag. Job done ....