How Essential are the bars being open to your visit to Pattaya?

Jambo

Gamechanger for many although my mate still thinks they will be serving beer in the food court off soi 88 in Hua Hin, not for me though. Plenty of other countries where the entertainment offered is far more conducive to an 'actual' holiday.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, KWA said:

I wonder where all these empties come from if the bars are shut?

beer 10.jpg

Didn't want to go OT in the pic thread so replying here.

Your pic is a good example that there are quite a few establishments serving now. Not just the pick up of empties that makes it obvious, but if you're out and about at the right time you can see the deliveries taking place in the mid to late morning hours.

Infection numbers are going down, even with the drinking taking place. So there can be no rational explanation for the decision to keep everything closed for another two months, without regard to the size and type of bar.

And that's another absurd part of this decision. Rather than taking the position of reconsidering the restrictions every two weeks, they've decided now there's no way they can reopen within the next two months.

I feel for the business owners and their employees. There was a bit of hope this madness would soon end, but now those hopes are well and truly dashed.

Edited by forcebwithu
My bad. Removed a reference that strayed into territory not allowed.
  • Like 4

Disallowed Subjects.

1. Thailand Government and Police Services.  Posts showing disrespect or a negative sentiment towards the Thai Authorities and Institutions are specifically prohibited.

Gents - polite reminder regarding forum rules as above.  

Thank you.

JL.

Just now, Lemondropkid said:

Come Feb the bars will be open, an avalanche of drunks will be bidding up your flight prices- I know as I'll be one of them!😀

Flights booked already, kap!

BA ones, free change if need be.

I might be crazy, but i'm not stupid! 

• Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Didn't want to go OT in the pic thread so replying here.

Your pic is a good example that there are quite a few establishments serving now. Not just the pick up of empties that makes it obvious, but if you're out and about at the right time you can see the deliveries taking place in the mid to late morning hours.

Infection numbers are going down, even with the drinking taking place. So there can be no rational explanation for the decision to keep everything closed for another two months, without regard to the size and type of bar.

And that's another absurd part of this decision. Rather than taking the position of reconsidering the restrictions every two weeks, they've decided now there's no way they can reopen within the next two months.

I feel for the business owners and their employees. There was a bit of hope this madness would soon end, but now those hopes are well and truly dashed.

I believe I have uncovered some significant evidence.  

Genuine photograph taken this morning.  Not photoshopped.

0B0A2245.jpg

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

46 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Great to see 👍 I'm surprised more bars are not sticking two fingers up, enough is enough imo.

Whilst I make no judgement either way, the point I would make is that where the restrictions are being enforced and 'drinkers' are being taken to court, the charge/conviction is for breaching Covid Safety Legislation, not any sort of offence based on Liquor Licensing Supply and Consumption legislation.  

Anyone with such a conviction could have a problem, perhaps in seeking employment or similar, when seeking employment or membership of one of the professional regulatory bodies, such as the Law Society.  A conviction under Liquor Licensing could be easier to justify and present less repetitional damage.

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, john luke said:

Whilst I make no judgement either way, the point I would make is that where the restrictions are being enforced and 'drinkers' are being taken to court, the charge/conviction is for breaching Covid Safety Legislation, not any sort of offence based on Liquor Licensing Supply and Consumption legislation.  

Anyone with such a conviction could have a problem, perhaps in seeking employment or similar, when seeking employment or membership of one of the professional regulatory bodies, such as the Law Society.  A conviction under Liquor Licensing could be easier to justify and present less repetitional damage.

And of course there is a darker side to this. Much, much darker!

I know nothing of your personal life, it is none of my goddamn business, but for some of us, Thailand is our home where we have families and wish to never leave.

Over the past decade (and before) there have been farang used as "bait" to go into places, take a girl upstairs and be "caught".

Why did the farang agree to do it? I'm fucking telling you it is because the Police had enough to put them in IDC then get kicked out the country. Probably never to see their wife and children again.

Sounds dramatic eh? I have spent time in IDC but luckily I had connections that would make Bryan have a wet dream and charges "disappeared" and I was released. Would I have dropped a farang bar/agogo owner in the shit so that I could take care of my daughter? Fucking right!

It is good that you live your life away from the underbelly of Thai life but please stop with the sanctimonious comments.

• Sad 1
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

And of course there is a darker side to this. Much, much darker!

I know nothing of your personal life, it is none of my goddamn business, but for some of us, Thailand is our home where we have families and wish to never leave.

Over the past decade (and before) there have been farang used as "bait" to go into places, take a girl upstairs and be "caught".

Why did the farang agree to do it? I'm fucking telling you it is because the Police had enough to put them in IDC then get kicked out the country. Probably never to see their wife and children again.

Sounds dramatic eh? I have spent time in IDC but luckily I had connections that would make Bryan have a wet dream and charges "disappeared" and I was released. Would I have dropped a farang bar/agogo owner in the shit so that I could take care of my daughter? Fucking right!

It is good that you live your life away from the underbelly of Thai life but please stop with the sanctimonious comments.

Spot on DD !