airbus beluga

thunder367

On the subject of big planes, the Antonov AN 225 was at Brize Norton recently. Spectators line the fence at the end of the runway when something unusual is around. On take off, it blew the airfield fence down, sending the spectators running.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, bob lt said:

On the subject of big planes, the Antonov AN 225 was at Brize Norton recently. Spectators line the fence at the end of the runway when something unusual is around. On take off, it blew the airfield fence down, sending the spectators running.

I flew in a Hercybird from Brize>Gander>Nassau on the way to Belize for jungle training in '75.

I was a very naughty boy and broke into a Field Ambulance and kipped on one of the beds....BAD BOY!!!

2 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I flew in a Hercybird from Brize>Gander>Nassau on the way to Belize for jungle training in '75.

I was a very naughty boy and broke into a Field Ambulance and kipped on one of the beds....BAD BOY!!!

That's an endurance test in a Herc.   Not worthy of VC10 luxury then.   😁

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bob lt said:

That's an endurance test in a Herc.   Not worthy of VC10 luxury then.   😁

The return journey was VC10. Unfortunately we were choppered out to Belmopan without warning then bunged on the vicky. No chance to clean our gear after patroling the border so when we arrived back at Brize and were asked to open our back packs for inspection all sorts of stuff came out and the smell was horrendous !!!!.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I flew on a Herc in 1979 from Sculthorpe-Lyneham-Lossiemouth-Lyneham-Akrotiri....the last two legs complete with a Phantom squadron groundcrew plus all their support equipment.Very cosy & uncomfortable.I was on a Canberra squadron towing targets for the Tombs to shoot at.Absolutely knackered by the time we got to Cyprus.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, bob lt said:

Not quite that recently, but I've seen the footage.