UK fuel prices hitting record highs and inflation on the up.

Butch

I'm sure all UK based BM's will understand what I mean, I paid 150pence for a litre of Tesco momentum last night, regular unleaded 141pence and diesel around 145 pence. This itself is doing a good job of driving up inflation and I think it a result of the fuel shortages we saw last month., coupled with an increase in gas prices for domestic and industrial use.

It is starting to get a bit silly now. Food prices are on the increase, and inflation is pegged at around 5% or more depending upon what and where you read about it.

I do have a question though, if Aviation fuel subject to a similar rise? I don't know how it works but a steep increase in the cost of fuel can only mean one thing for the customers.

From where I am sitting, I think the future looks bleak for any first time house buyer, or young adults struggling to move forward or raise a young family. Any struggling family is going to probably have to forego their holidays and tighten heir belts at Xmas.

No idea where it will end, and I real feel and worry for the future for our kids.

Edited by Butch

8 minutes ago, Butch said:

I do have a question though, if Aviation fuel subject to a similar rise?

Aviation fuel is subject to the cost of crude but airlines used to buy lots in advance before Covid,not sure if they still do.

It's not subject to VAT.

• Great Info 1

4 hours ago, Butch said:

I'm sure all UK based BM's will understand what I mean, I paid 150pence for a litre of Tesco momentum last night, regular unleaded 141pence and diesel around 145 pence. This itself is doing a good job of driving up inflation and I think it a result of the fuel shortages we saw last month., coupled with an increase in gas prices for domestic and industrial use.

It is starting to get a bit silly now. Food prices are on the increase, and inflation is pegged at around 5% or more depending upon what and where you read about it.

I do have a question though, if Aviation fuel subject to a similar rise? I don't know how it works but a steep increase in the cost of fuel can only mean one thing for the customers.

From where I am sitting, I think the future looks bleak for any first time house buyer, or young adults struggling to move forward or raise a young family. Any struggling family is going to probably have to forego their holidays and tighten heir belts at Xmas.

No idea where it will end, and I real feel and worry for the future for our kids.

Its a nightmare!

I paid 250 pence for a  Bovril at the Hearts yesterday!

It didn't go down too well either after 3 pints of 80/- (no change from a tenner) in the "Diggers" before presenting my NHS Covid Passport for inspection at the turnstiles.

Picked up a fish supper on the way back and that cost 7 pounds 50.

I saved 10 pounds at the live music club round the corner from where I stay.  Full House - They had sold out all the entry tickets online!

Edited by Jambo
  • Like 1