Sign in to follow this  
Lanzalad

What movie are you watching

Just downloaded and watched this.

The story of the Krakatau volcano explosion in 1883. The volcano you recently heard about last week is known as "Son of Krakatau", as the 1883 eruption completely destroyed it, but later it raised slowly again from the seabed. And is still "live".....

Movie is half fiction, half documentary and pretty interesting.

Better not show it to my Miss.... considering in Bali we have one at 60km distance, and here in Java even less...

Screenshot_20181228-203802_YouTube-600x1067.thumb.jpg.a23101adf880a9cc104e968067ceb6fc.jpg

The new HBO (on Hulu too) series "The Outsider" grabs you after the first 10 minutes of episode 1.

Here's HBO's description of the series: "Based on Stephen King’s bestselling novel of the same name, The Outsider begins by following a seemingly straightforward investigation into the gruesome murder of a young boy. But when an insidious supernatural force edges its way into the case, it leads a seasoned cop and an unorthodox investigator to question everything they believe in."

Very mild supernatural aspect so far and I am hooked as it's both puzzling and intriguing. 

WELL WORTH A LOOK SEE!

Watched this last movie weekend. Not your usual war movie. More of one British soldier's journey through enemy lines to deliver a crucial message to another battalion. Kind of like WW 1's version of "Saving Private Ryan" (sort of) I found it very entertaining and stayed glued to it. Definitely worth a watch!

1917.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Steelers4Life said:

Watched this last movie weekend. Not your usual war movie. More of one British soldier's journey through enemy lines to deliver a crucial message to another battalion. Kind of like WW 1's version of "Saving Private Ryan" (sort of) I found it very entertaining and stayed glued to it. Definitely worth a watch!

1917.jpg

Yep, I read about that one. The way of filming, in constant motion and following the main character's voyage, is one the main points mentionned.

Some loved ite, some say it's too much and make the whole watching a dizzy experience.

Is on my list anyway !

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Yep, I read about that one. The way of filming, in constant motion and following the main character's voyage, is one the main points mentionned.

Some loved ite, some say it's too much and make the whole watching a dizzy experience.

Is on my list anyway !

Not as dizzying as some critics and viewers mentioned IMO. You can be the judge of that when you give it a watch. The cinematography was top-notch. (again IMO)

• Like 1

Just been watching 'The Joker', an entertaining movie although a little disturbing. I can see why Joaquin Phoenix is up for the Oscar.

On 11/8/2018 at 5:13 PM, Lanzalad said:

Just watching this remake of the old Steve McQueen classic 

595x.png

Remember seeing the original. Bloody good film and realistic. The quality of McQueen and Hoffman were brilliant.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just watched The Square on www.showboxmovies.net.

Great movie / documentary on the Arab revolution in Egypt. Example of a revolution stolen from the people.

The maturity and way of thinking of all the people that speak out in this docu is very interesting and show that some of those countries could have a great future if not locked in by a dictatorship (military or religious).

Sure not everyones cup of tea but very interesting for somebody interesting in history and / or geopolitics.

The Square.jpg

large_sKggIMCP8MrO2PBT57uWKqJxJj3.jpg

Sign in to follow this