What movie are you watching

Lanzalad

Saw Parasite at the cinema a couple of week back- excellent👍 I wasn't quite sure just after watching it whether is was Oscar winner stuff, but the day after the film found myself thinking about different aspects of it- so it stayed with me a good way.

The Director recommends that viewers know as little as possible about the film before watching it.

Subsequently saw one of the his earlier works Snowpiercer then Parasite made even more sense. Will watch it again in time, suspect there will be several things I didn't pick up on, in the first viewing.

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Saw Parasite at the cinema a couple of week back- excellent👍 I wasn't quite sure just after watching it whether is was Oscar winner stuff, but the day after the film found myself thinking about different aspects of it- so it stayed with me a good way.

The Director recommends that viewers know as little as possible about the film before watching it.

Subsequently saw one of the his earlier works Snowpiercer then Parasite made even more sense. Will watch it again in time, suspect there will be several things I didn't pick up on, in the first viewing.

Yes, I like the kind of movie that makes you thinking. That have some deep sense.

A decent Russian war movie.  I like Russian war movies, there are a few good ones around and I find them on the human and patriotic side much more genuine than the average "American hero" war movie.  

This one is a low budget one, the English subtitles were done by the guy who uploaded it, so they may not be perfect but he still deserves credit for his work.

• Like 1

For any amateurs of Marine / Mavy war movies, watch out for this one.  Coming June 12th

The only thing more dangerous than the front lines was the fight to get there. Screenplay by Tom Hanks inspired by actual events, Greyhound comes to theaters June 12.

In the early days of WWII, an international convoy of 37 Allied ships, led by captain Ernest Krause (Tom Hanks) in his first command of a U.S. destroyer, crosses the treacherous North Atlantic while hotly pursued by wolf packs of Nazi U-boats.

GREYHOUND is based on the 1955 novel “The Good Shepherd” by C.S. Forester. 

Edited by Thai Spice

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A very good one if you like Navy / submarines war movies plus a bit of S.F. action.

Typical American movie with a lot of special effects and shooting, but without the excess patriotisme and American hero part.

The scenario is difficult to believe, but who cares ? It's an entertaintment movie, not an educational one.

Sure not on par with Das Boat or Hunt for Red October, but still pretty OK to watch.

Image 12.jpg