Wastewater Invoice

forcebwithu

I just received a wastewater invoice from Pattaya City govt. It's the first time I've received such an invoice in the 10 years living in this house.

In addition to never having been billed before for wastewater, the invoice is also odd as the first line item is for Feb - Feb Fiscal Year 2014 and the next line item is for Sept - Sept Fiscal Year 2017.

Has anyone else received a wastewater invoice? And would anyone happen to know why my invoice has gaps in the years billed, plus a change in the beginning month of the two fiscal years?

img052_censored.jpg

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I've lived in our house for getting on 15 years and never seen or had a wastewater bill, is this something new which is just Pattaya based ?

Looks suspect to me FBWY particularly the dates invoiced, another Pattaya scam lol

Other houses, but not every house on our soi received an invoice. Told my lady to pass the word this may be a scam and people need to call City govt to confirm the invoice is real and also ask about the odd dates and missing years.

BTW, my lady's, bless her innocent heart, first response when I told her it may be a scam was to point to the letterhead and say it's from Pattaya City. She didn't have a clue how easy it is to fake an invoice. If it is a scam I expect it's going to be a real money maker for the dirt bag scammers.

• Thumbs Up 2

53 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

436 cubic metres of waste water ????

Do you keep a herd of elephants in the back garden ??

When I translated the invoice I assumed the line items were water consumption for the year. The text of Feb - Feb Fiscal Year 2017 was what lead me to that assumption. Although in hindsight it should have been Feb - Jan if that were the case.

Your question did prompt me to dig out my saved water bills and have a closer look. The key one I was looking for was the bill for the month when I had an undetected underground water pipe leak. That bill was for 7,400B, and yes I shit a major brick when I saw that bill.

I found that bill and lo and behold, the unit consumption of 277 matches the 2nd line item on the invoice, as well as the month and year (Sept, 2017). So the line items are in fact for one month.

I no longer have the water bill for Feb, 2014, but that might have been the month where I had left Pattaya for a few days to come back and find the tank refill valve on the toilet had got stuck open on the last flush before leaving the house.

Putting the pieces together it looks like there is probably a minimum water usage allowance allowed before the wastewater surcharge comes into effect. Doesn't explain why the city took over seven years from the earliest date to get around to sending out an invoice. Might be because they're scraping for money now due to the pandemic and are leaving no stone unturned to bring more money into their coffers.

I will try to get them to forgive the 2nd line item of 969B as technically it wasn't wastewater I was generating, but doing my part to refill the water table.

5 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I no longer have the water bill for Feb, 2014, but that might have been the month where I had left Pattaya for a few days to come back and find the tank refill valve on the toilet had got stuck open on the last flush before leaving the house.

I'm not saying she did, and I'm not saying she didn't .... but by any chance that in 2014 your missus decided to hang a placcy bag on the flush handle to put tissues and stuff in, so that it held it down when full......

.... I know a Thai lady that did .........🤬

Now I'm a bit peeved at my lady. I just explained to her what I last posted and told her we can go to the city office and ask about the forgiveness of the 969B. She then informs me she asked the neighbor lady who wen to the city office this morning to pay our bill who has already done so.

I have to temper my irritation somewhat as the chance of the city forgiving that line item was somewhere between nil and are you crazy to even think about wasting your time to ask. :default_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I'm not saying she did, and I'm not saying she didn't .... but by any chance that in 2014 your missus decided to hang a placcy bag on the flush handle to put tissues and stuff in, so that it held it down when full......

.... I know a Thai lady that did .........🤬

No flush handles on the toilet. They're of the style that has a button on the top of the cistern to flush the toilet.

If I owned the home instead of renting, I would have long ago replaced the toilets as it's not infrequent the cistern cover gets slightly pushed back causing the flush mechanism to get stuck in the open position.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Never seen it but I think it's because we get charged by the month for Wastewater on our bill for the complex fees

Found it was because I exceeded some water usage maximum that triggered the wastewater bill. Details in this post...