BenQ 27 Monitors

john luke

BenQ 27 Monitors

I am looking at buying a monitor for use with a MacBook Pro out here in Thailand.  I would be interested in 4K and a brightness of 300.

BenQ seem to be very competitively priced, compared to other names with the same specifications.

Has any member recently purchased a BenQ monitor or can offer any view on the brand?

Thanks.

I have the BenQ BL2711U that I bought back in 2017. After about a year and half of use it started throwing an occasional streak of vertical brightness in one section of the monitor. It was intermittent and only happened about once every couple of weeks, so just lived with it. Unfortunately the frequency started to increase over the next year until finally I had enough and bought as a replacement the Samsung LU28R550UQEXXT which has been working fine for the year and half I've had it.

I should really get around to getting the BenQ repaired, as I thought it was a great monitor when it worked.

If you're interested, I'll get it repaired and you can give it try to see if you like it.

I bought a 24” Ben Q monitor for son ( as his second display monitor as his first Samsung was then discontinued) and it was on sale at £95. from ebuyer as they had a sale on. Purchased October 2020 and had no issues. 

6741519D-744E-469D-882C-DB229CE0AB1B.jpeg

Edited by AJSP

Just a general comment: make sure you see the monitor in action before buying.

During lockdown, I made the mistake of buying an Acer monitor by mail order. It was one of the crappiest pieces of equipment I have ever owned. It was not usable unless looking at it straight on. It proved what a piece of real rubbish it was by breaking down entirely after about 7 months. In reality, I was greatly relieved as I then felt OK about buying another monitor. I bought a Dell, and am very pleased with it.